z

Young Writers Society

Response to a Revelation [for faith]

915 Reviews

Reviews: 915
Mon Feb 28, 2005 8:35 am
Incandescence says...

mmm...if this poem doesn't make sense, read Revelation by faith.
"If I have not seen as far as others, it is because giants were standing on my shoulders." -Hal Abelson

665 Reviews

Reviews: 665
Mon Feb 28, 2005 2:10 pm
Chevy says...

Well, it made sense to me because I read that one...or so I think I did. Agh, I've got such bad memory.
Anyway, this was my favorite part:

My wingless bones do not sleep
they ache and the redolent freedom
that escape from their silenced grave
reminds me not of what’s been done
a thousand times before, but
that tomorrow the sun will warm my blood
and scab over a larger part of my
existence, and not so much that I will be
scraped away, but I will be a god among
fleshy men.

Well, I guess that's a lot of a "favorite part" but I couldn't find anywhere to cut it short..so um...over all really good Brad but I liked that part the best.
when there's nowhere to go, it's time to grow up.

85 Reviews

Reviews: 85
Mon Feb 28, 2005 6:24 pm
faith says...

and who's the bitch now? *grin* this may require a response of its own...i'll think about that.

103 Reviews

Reviews: 103
Mon Feb 28, 2005 7:07 pm
Tessitore says...

Of course when I first read this poem I was all, "What's he talking about? I'm confused." So then I scampered off to read Faith's poem and it makes a much... maybe a little (who knows) more sense now. So, anyway, it was an awesome poem, but it was really much, much better when I read Faith's poem afterwords (and then re-read yours). Made more sense and all that. Good going, very good, mucho kudos and all that. Brilliant.

The day, which was one of the first of spring, cheered even me by the loveliness of its sunshine and the balminess of the air. I felt emotions of gentleness and pleasure, that had long appeared dead, revive within me. Half surprised by the novelty of these sensations, I allowed myself to be borne away by them, and forgetting my solitude and deformity, dared to be happy.
— Mary Shelley, Frankenstein