z

Young Writers Society

Entrance into Skyrim - Part 2

Reviews: 2
Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:12 pm
Podge says...

"Come on, let's go!" Ralof said in a distressed manner, he ran up the tower stairs and I followed close behind, wary of the death-black dragon outside, ravaging the village of Helgen. As we got to the first bend in the staircase, we dived backwards and a plummet of bricks, 'exploded' from the wall and the dragon stuck his menacing head in, engulfing the tower in flames.

I could feel the flames lapping at my face, threatening to give a nasty burn and a reason to stock up on fire-resistance potions. Although, luckily my Redguard blood has developed a resistance to fire, I could stand the half the more heat an average Nord could.

I saw Ralof in front of me and worried for his well-being. He didn't have a pint of Redguard blood in him, and it surely could mean his end. The flames eventually subsided and what was left was a big gaping hole in the wall.

Ralof seemed unscathed, and he told me to jump through the roof into the inn, and he would follow after. I did as I was told and headed through the burning building, trying to keep away from the flames and just to keep on a straight path.

I made it through the building into the courtyard that was the centre of the town, and there was the dragon, perched in a pouncing position. In front of the ferocious beast was a boy, he was nine or so and was been lured behind some cover by an imperial. Just as he made it behind the house, the dragon released a fiery blaze and I could see the fear in everyone's eyes. The dragon dismounted from it's pose and flew off, I was threatened my life by the guard in light armour, who consulted the Captain when I didn't come up on the list. Someone addressed him as Hadvar, and I thought it might give me better chances with him if I used his first name.

I followed him as he ordered, he told me as I shadowed close behind that if we could get to the keep, we could escape. I hoped he would spare me, because I was innocent after all. I followed around the back of a house, and heard someone shout "Get close to the wall!" I did as I was told, because that what was keeping me alive right now, and just as I had thought. If I was an inch away from the wall I would have been skewered from head to feet from one dragon claw.

I ran through more fire and came to the entrance to the hold, but Ralof blocked Hadvar's way. They headed separate ways, but both into the hold, but who should I follow? Ralof helped me this entire way, and following him couldn't lead to prison at the end. I followed Ralof, most of my reasoning came from that he didn't threaten me and that he was brave enough to not resist death like that horse thief did. I followed Ralof into the hold and thanked the divines that I was away from the monstrous dragon once more.
Penguins are Flipping Brilliant.

Wicked people never have time for reading. It's one of the reasons for their wickedness.
— Lemony Snicket