z

Young Writers Society

Entrance into Skyrim - Part 2

Reviews: 2
Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:12 pm
Podge says...

"Come on, let's go!" Ralof said in a distressed manner, he ran up the tower stairs and I followed close behind, wary of the death-black dragon outside, ravaging the village of Helgen. As we got to the first bend in the staircase, we dived backwards and a plummet of bricks, 'exploded' from the wall and the dragon stuck his menacing head in, engulfing the tower in flames.

I could feel the flames lapping at my face, threatening to give a nasty burn and a reason to stock up on fire-resistance potions. Although, luckily my Redguard blood has developed a resistance to fire, I could stand the half the more heat an average Nord could.

I saw Ralof in front of me and worried for his well-being. He didn't have a pint of Redguard blood in him, and it surely could mean his end. The flames eventually subsided and what was left was a big gaping hole in the wall.

Ralof seemed unscathed, and he told me to jump through the roof into the inn, and he would follow after. I did as I was told and headed through the burning building, trying to keep away from the flames and just to keep on a straight path.

I made it through the building into the courtyard that was the centre of the town, and there was the dragon, perched in a pouncing position. In front of the ferocious beast was a boy, he was nine or so and was been lured behind some cover by an imperial. Just as he made it behind the house, the dragon released a fiery blaze and I could see the fear in everyone's eyes. The dragon dismounted from it's pose and flew off, I was threatened my life by the guard in light armour, who consulted the Captain when I didn't come up on the list. Someone addressed him as Hadvar, and I thought it might give me better chances with him if I used his first name.

I followed him as he ordered, he told me as I shadowed close behind that if we could get to the keep, we could escape. I hoped he would spare me, because I was innocent after all. I followed around the back of a house, and heard someone shout "Get close to the wall!" I did as I was told, because that what was keeping me alive right now, and just as I had thought. If I was an inch away from the wall I would have been skewered from head to feet from one dragon claw.

I ran through more fire and came to the entrance to the hold, but Ralof blocked Hadvar's way. They headed separate ways, but both into the hold, but who should I follow? Ralof helped me this entire way, and following him couldn't lead to prison at the end. I followed Ralof, most of my reasoning came from that he didn't threaten me and that he was brave enough to not resist death like that horse thief did. I followed Ralof into the hold and thanked the divines that I was away from the monstrous dragon once more.
Penguins are Flipping Brilliant.

“Rise like Lions after slumber In unvanquishable number. Shake your chains to earth like dew Which in sleep had fallen on you— Ye are many—they are few.”
— Mary Shelly