z

Young Writers Society

Entrance into Skyrim - Part 1

Reviews: 2
Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:49 pm
Podge says...

I awoke to hearing the familiar sound of hoofs on the cobbles, creating a rhythmic beat that never missed a step, or should I say hoof? I laughed to myself and slowly opened my eyes, expecting the luscious grass that only grew on the very border of my homeland, Hammerfell.

Instead, I was greeted by a Nord, a strong young man with blonde hair, which went down to his shoulders. He looked normal enough, although there was something in his expression that I couldn't make out. "Are you OK?" He inquired in a deep, rugged voice, I nodded and he gave me the brief details that I had seemed to forgot in the last few hours.

"You walked right into that imperial ambush, just like us two and that thief over there." I looked over to the thief and then to the mysterious man sat to my left, and I could only presume that he was the second part of 'us two.'

"Damn you Stormcloaks, I could have been halfway to Hammerfell if it wasn't for that imperial ambush. It was easy before you came along, the empire was nice and lazy." So, that's what they were, Stormcloaks, I can remember news coming from across the border about a civil war, and their leader was Ulfric Stormcloak.

The Nord snapped and replied: "Watch your tongue, you're speaking to the deserved High King of Skyrim, Ulfric Stormcloak." The thief turned very pale and babbled, "If they caught you...oh gods where are they taking us?" I realized what he was saying, that Ulfric would not have a fair trial, and thus including us.

It was going to be a quick chop on the block, it was going to be a complete injustice, I was completely innocent and I will not have a fair trial to vouch for the fact. Just a quick chop on the block, just a quick chop on the block...

The words rang in and out of my head as we pulled into a place the Nord called Helgen, and I saw Ulfric's opposer, General Tallius, the Empires head-man and the only one to successfully catch Ulfric. I had to admit, I was impressed. As the carriage pulled up to what clearly was where the executions where held. You could still smell the fresh blood from the empires' last legal-injustice, and it hung in the air like a curse upon our heads.

An imperial in light studded armour read out from the list of names: "Ulfric Stormcloak, Ralof of Riverwood." They went without fuss to the crowd of prisoners awaiting the block. Next was our turn, the imperial read out: "Lokir of Rorikstead." He seemed to go berserk babbling on once again about how we're not rebels, and he tried running away with his bound hands. With one order from the female captain in charge, he was down, dead, with an arrow in his head.

The imperial looked nervously from his parchment to me, and back again. Finally he said, addressing the Captain "He's not on the list, what do we do?" I sighed with relief, maybe they'd let me go! It would be better to be stuck in Skyrim than to be dead. Finally, the female captain came to a decision and declared that we don't have time for this, and I shall go to the block. So much for my hopes and dreams of been alive in the next five minutes.

General Tallius addressed Ulfric directly, but made clearly that this was a warning to everyone "Ulfric Stormcloak, some here in Helgen call you a hero, but a hero does not use a power like the voice to murder his king and usurp his throne." Already I had far to many questions and now I had another one, what was the voice? Oh well, I shall ask all my questions when my body rests in Svongarde.

A prisoner who was in the opposite carriage from us, was called to the block, and within three seconds his headless body was collapsed on the floor. Next she called "The Redguard!" I looked around, and I realized I was the only one of my race here, I slowly shuffled forward towards the block. A pounding was coming from my head and I felt like I was going to collapse, I had to go against my natural alarm bells and face the music. Suddenly a roar came off from the horizon, everyone looked up to inspect the source of this sound, but no-one found anything to determine where it had come from. I heard people nervously mumble, and asking if they heard that to each other, and I just stood there, trying to savour every moment possible before the big choppity-chop.

The Captain's voice, could have been possibly louder than the roar we'd just heard and we all stood up to attention and obeyed her command: "I said, next prisoner!" I was finally there, after what seemed like an era, and I could see the gleam of blood on metal as the choppers blade was about to come down. When a dragon came flying over and perched on top of the roof, it shouted some sort of sonic blast and my eyes blurred up, I could only make out the shapes of houses and the panicking people. I was lucky, everyone was distracted and I was scot-free, I stumbled over to Ralof and he said to come with him. We made it to the base of a tower and my vision returned as Ralof closed the door.

Ulfric was there, and a few other Stormcloaks, tending to those who were wounded in the chaos, only a small amount of people made it out unharmed. Ralof turned to Ulfric and was shocked as the thief was only a few moments ago, his brave stature was turned to panic and he babbled just as the thief did: That was a dragon, I thought they were legends!" Ulfric, as calm as ever, said "Legends don't burn down villages."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'll continue this if I get the chance enough positive feedback, I really like Skyrim and couldn't help but right a fan-story about it! :)
Penguins are Flipping Brilliant.

You have to be a bit of a liar to tell a story the right way.
— Patrick Rothfuss, The Name of the Wind