z

Young Writers Society

Star Wars: If Luke had gone to the Dark side: Part 2

109 Reviews

Reviews: 109
Fri Dec 16, 2011 10:55 pm
MysticalBlood says...

The heap of metal parts and sparking wires poking out from the disembodied droids was enough to end Luke’s life there and then. C3PO’s golden head was slashed in half and the rest of him was scattered about the Emperor’s lair. R2 had a simple circular hole through the centre of his body, destroying the main functions of his robotic mind and resulting in an inanimate object.
It was far from humane, this killing…
“What have I done?” Cried Luke, sinking to his knees and holding a golden finger in his hand, anger and frustration boiling inside of him like a vicious fire.
“You’ve successfully started your path to becoming a Sith Lord like myself,” cackled the Emperor, rising from his throne and approaching Luke triumphantly.
Luke let go of the golden finger and winced as he felt the touch of the Emperor’s hand resting on his shoulder.
“I hate you,” Luke murmured, uncomfortably shifting away from the Emperor’s grip. He stood up and turned to face his ‘master’. “I hate you more than I hate the Empire itself.”
The Emperor cocked his head to the side, hesitated and then began, “I do not believe that you do not despise me, but that factor in this situation is vital. You will need it. I cannot keep repeating myself; you belong to the Dark Side of the force. It’s your destiny.”
Luke gritted his teeth, biting back many rude comebacks and curses.
“It is pointless to resist, son,” Vader added, forcing himself into Luke’s line of sight.
“So I heard,” Luke remarked.
There was a pause, and then Palpatine moved closer to Luke, attempting to penetrate the awkward shield between the two. “It is important, young apprentice, that you do as I tell you, when I tell you. You will become a Sith Lord; it’s in your blood.”
Luke resisted temptation to roll his eyes, and he motioned towards the remains of his beloved droids, the parts rose, and he walked out of the lair; dragging C3PO and R2 with him.

“Master Luke,” C3PO cried as Luke re-assembled the halves of the droid’s head. “This is incredibly painful!”
Luke chuckled. “I didn’t think droids felt pain.”
“No… but we do understand human emotions and feelings, and my wide knowledge of humans and general animals tells me that this would be very painful,” C3PO replied. “And before you go any further Luke, I cannot say how disappointed I truly am – the Dark side! It’s like blasphemy.”
“I had no choice,” Luke grumbled as he began to work on C3PO’s limbs. “My father would have died. I couldn’t do that.”
“I still do not believe it was the lesser of two evils to join the Emperor. You cannot expect for him to allow both you and your father to live!”
Luke stopped. “What do you mean?”
“I mean, you cannot expect the Emperor to allow you both to live.”
“Don’t repeat yourself C3PO, I’m being serious,” growled Luke as he pushed away from C3PO and looked out into the vast endless blackness of space. “I’m trying hard to be patient. So please, explain.”
“Well, Master Luke, Palpatine will at some point request a duel between the two of you. You are the younger one, and you have all of your limbs in tact,”
‘Except my hand,” Luke corrected.
“Except your hand. But still, you have a freshness and purity about you that the Emperor finds incredibly interesting. He wants to use that purity and innocence and twist it into something dark and… well I must say, at this rate he is succeeding.”
“I’m surprised with how cool your being with that I did destroy you,” Luke leapt onto his bed and stared at the ceiling.
“Oh, I’m not being ‘cool’ Luke. I’m just accepting that I can be built, destroyed and re-built as many times as possible. I’m not human. That’s not my purpose. Yes, a human would be mad, but can a human do what a fine droid like myself could do?” C3PO sighed and turned his head towards R2. “My goodness!”
Luke turned to face C3PO. Damn it, he thought. He’s spotted R2.
“Well… I don’t know how you’re planning on fixing R2 but I do hope you do. He’s much more handy than me. If I were you, I’d have got to him first. Maybe you could have found a way to program him into hacking into Darth Vader’s mechanical body and make him think like a Jedi.”
“I don’t think that’s possible C3PO, he has a brain,” Luke sighed as C3PO began to ramble on again about the Emperor, and then suddenly Leia and Han, and Chewbacca.
All of it made Luke’s stomach twist in agony and his heart shatter into a thousand pieces, but he could do nothing now that he had given himself over to the dark side. He was but a mere chess piece in the King’s army. The fact that he may have to kill his father as well didn’t exactly lighten the situation. His father meant too much, he’d practically joined the Emperor just so that his father could live. He didn’t want to have to kill him, but now it seemed like he probably would.
“Damn it!” He cried aloud, frustrated with his own stupidity. He should have just resisted, allowed the Emperor to strike him down and hope his father would save him. Save Luke from an inevitable death. The deal had originally been to join the Emperor or die, and well… he’d joined the Emperor.
You’re so darn smart, Luke thought sarcastically.
“Luke, do finish me, I’m getting quite frustrated with not being able to walk and actually do productive things. Being stuck here on your desk with just a chest and head isn’t exactly fun,” C3PO requested, turning his head in dismay as he caught sight of R2 yet again.
“I suppose I should,” Luke answered and he got to work on completing C3PO.
It was a good twelve hours of reattaching and fixing and completing circuits until C3PO was complete and fully functional once more. Luke felt exhausted and knew that he would be nagged to fix R2 by C3PO, and this made him feel slightly faint. He ruffled through a cupboard above his desk and began looking for tablets – tablets to stop this damn awful headache that made Luke feel like collapsing and dying here like a pathetic little coward.

“Luke! Luke please, no! Stop!”
Tears streamed down Leia’s face, her brown eyes were filled with horror as the flash of a red light saber reflected in her glassy eyes.
“Luke!”
Luke felt a surge of anger, hate, fear and destruction rush through his body all at once and he loved it. He loved it so much. He began to laugh. It was just so hilarious. This pathetic little ‘princess’ laid out before him, limp and battered and bruised as though she’d been thrown about like a doll.
The sand seeped through Luke’s toes and he gasped in joy as he felt the heat of the Tatooine sun’s rays warm his body.
This was perfect, he thought.
“You’re as pathetic as him,” Luke laughed.
Leia screamed as her twin brother swiped down her lover. The tears began to fall even faster, and she gasped in agony as her lover’s head rolled to her side.
“No!”
“Yes!” Luke hissed.
“Luke!”
And then there was a flash of red, a scream, and…

“No!”
Luke launched himself out of bed, landing painfully on the marble floor and wincing as he felt the bruises begin to form. He was covered in sweat, nightclothes drenched, and his heart was racing in his chest like a fearful rodent hiding from the frightening predator.
“No,” he gasped, but barely a sound escaped his lips as they tried to form words.
Panic.
Fear.
What had he just dreamed about? None of it made sense, he couldn’t comprehend the scene that had been played out in his mind. It was a premonition, that was certain, but would he really do that? Laugh as he slaughtered his friends and family?
It was too sick and twisted to be true, and your choices could often change the future. Luke would not let this happen. He’d never let his new status destroy his remaining family and leave him well and truly alone in this vast galaxy.
“I won’t let that happen,” Luke promised himself as he tore his damp clothes off and made his way to the shower. “That will never happen.”
'This isn't funny Dean, the voice says i'm almost out of minutes!' - Castiel
~ Nothing is true, everything is permitted... Live by the Creed... Be Discreet...

37 Reviews

Reviews: 37
Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:06 am
JudyG710 says...

Achuta. I'm not sure if you remember me. I made a comment on your Anakin picture. I'm back! :D Well, I must first of all point out that I actually found this very entertaining. There were a few things that bothered me about both parts to this story. Besides the few grammar/spelling errors I mean. Like, how did the Empire get Threepio and Artoo? And what happens when the Alliance tries to destroy the Death Star again? Or have you not gotten to that yet? Anyway, other than that, I really enjoyed reading this. I admittedly first thought that it was going to be utter ridiculousness, and I would hate it. But you really did a wonderful job. At the dream sequence, I truly felt somewhat scared and worried. And when Luke cut down his beloved droid friends, I felt a few tears well up in my eyes. No joke. That marks an amazing writer. You did an incredible job, and I commend you. Hope there is more to read. Keep writing, and may the Force be with you. :)
"Always believe in yourself. Do this, and no matter where you are, you will have nothing to fear." - Baron Humbert von Gikkingen
JudyG <3

109 Reviews

Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:36 am
MysticalBlood says...

Well, I'm sure i mentioned in part 1 that Luke's friends had failed at their task and the droids had been captured. I suppose i forgot about the ewok's, i'll fix that. Thanks though!
~ Nothing is true, everything is permitted... Live by the Creed... Be Discreet...

67 Reviews

Reviews: 67
Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:28 pm
Jalmoc says...

Very well done!! I love the turmoil that you put him through! I feel the same way Judy, what happened to the Rebel Alliance? Did they just disappear? If they caught Threepio and R2, what happened to Leia? She was with them the entire time during the films. Just some things to think about. ;) Well you did an amazing job! :D

Keep writing! And may the force be with you! Always!

--Jalmoc
If you don't take a chance, you'll always live your life in regret, so let your heart show it's true colors and admit your feelings!

Tis not the blade that took your life, but the Assassin behind it.

When Reality has all but fallen away, recreate your own world

109 Reviews

Sun Jan 08, 2012 3:27 pm
MysticalBlood says...

I do have an idea and when i can be bothered (guilty face paha) i'll write the next part. I'm just busy with school atm for the next... 5 months :(

"Do not try to be pretty. You weren't meant to be pretty; you were meant to burn down the earth and graffiti the sky. Don't let anyone ever simplify you to just 'pretty'"
— Suzanne Rivard