z

Young Writers Society

Star Wars: If Luke had gone to the Dark side.

109 Reviews

Reviews: 109
Thu Dec 15, 2011 7:46 pm
MysticalBlood says...

WHAT IF LUKE SKYWALKER HAD GIVEN IN TO THE DARK SIDE AND OBEYED THE EMPEROR’S COMMANDS?

“Take your father’s place and become my apprentice!”
The words echoed around Luke’s head as he lay there in disbelief of what he had just done… only minutes ago, he had resisted to kill his father, Vader, and given him self over to the Emperor. His fear and anger had taken over him, and he had gotten to his knees and simply said ‘yes’.
The simplest word for the most complicated situation a Jedi knight could ever come across. But ‘Jedi’ no longer applied to Luke’s current situation. He was on the path to becoming a ‘Sith Lord’. Damn it.
His father was off in medical care getting a new robotic hand connected to his arm, and Luke was sat in his chambers. Luke was aware that his friends had failed to destroy the Death Star and had retreated, currently assessing the situation. Should they destroy the Death Star with Luke in it, as the Emperor’s new apprentice?
He didn’t like it very much himself, but he had feared the survival of his friends and everyone he loved. That fear had consumed him, and in the spur of the moment, yes had escaped his lips unconsciously.
What would Leia think? Would she be frustrated with Luke? Of course she would! She had every god damn right to be! Luke had been weak; the fear of loosing everything at once had blinded him. He’d had no real awareness of his actions at the time, and Luke felt incredibly ashamed.
“Luke?”
Vader’s call disturbed Luke’s thoughts, and he sat up and motioned for the door to open with his hand.
His father stepped into Luke’s chambers and he assessed his son with brief concern.
Vader feeling concern… how stupid!
“I’ve been thinking – well… we’ve been thinking – that it’s time you started your training. That you started your path to becoming an incredible Sith.”
The words were like poison. Luke couldn’t believe he was hearing them; he wanted to escape! To leave this place and be back home at Tatooine when everything was so simple and so un-complicated, before he had bought the droids that had led to the death of his family, before everything!
Biting his lip, Luke nodded and cursed himself in his thoughts for being such an idiot.
“Your thoughts betray you, Luke,” Vader sighed. He observed Luke once more and started towards the door. “We’ll be seeing you shortly in the Emperor’s lair.”
Luke nodded and felt a surge of relief as Vader left his room. He gathered his sith robes, new light saber and just happened to leave his common sense behind as he exited his chambers and made his way to the lair.
He hated this. He hated the way the droids acknowledged him, how the storm troopers looked at him and how the general crew of the Death Star observed him with a hint of hate and fear. He did not want to be feared. He did not want to be all-powerful.
He had joined against his will, and that made it so damn obvious he was going to be useless to the Emperor. Luke would not be a perfect asset to the Empire like the Emperor envisioned. Luke would be a stubborn and all-round disappointment for them (that made Luke slightly smug).
His legs had taken him to the lair quicker than he thought, and before he knew it, he was stood before the Emperor.
“Accessing your anger is the key to you becoming sith, my young apprentice,” the Emperor hissed as he looked upon Luke from his throne. “Wield your weapon, and I would like to see you unleash your anger on these useless droids we captured.”
The Emperor pointed over Luke’s shoulder towards the droids. Luke turned to face them, and felt his body go numb with ache and pain as he heard the familiar cries of his beloved companions being pushed towards Luke.
“Master Luke! How happy I am to see you. You’ll be able to rescue us straight away, get us out of this terrible place.”
Oh no…
“Ouch! R2 don’t do that! What? What was that you say? Master Luke has turned to the Dark Side? Sometimes I wonder if I’m translating your words correctly.” C3PO turned to face Luke and began shuffling towards him. “You’re going to get us out of here aren’t you?”
Luke gulped.
“Unleash your anger Luke! Your hatred towards me and your father, unleash it all on these droids!”
He grabbed his weapon.
“Luke, whatever are you doing? Ah yes! You’re going to destroy these incompetent enemies and save us! See R2? I told you Luke would get us out of here! Dark side… ha!”
The red of Luke’s light saber glowed.
“Good.” The Emperor cried, raveling in the enjoyment of watching Luke Skywalker destroy his beloved droids.
“Why on Earth is your light saber red, Master Luke?”
Beep beep beep.
“He has not! I’m sure there’s some logical explanation R2. Right Luke?”
I’m sorry, thought Luke as he stopped just a metre from C3PO and R2.
“Do it!”
“My goodness Luke. What are you planning on doing with that treacherous thing?” C3PO waved his arms about in surprise as Luke raised the light saber above his head.
Think of your hatred towards the Emperor, just kill the droids and get it over and done with. Now! Don’t think; it’s the only way. Just… do it!
“Master Luke, I ⎯”
Luke cut him off, brought down the light saber, and saw the reflection of his demonic gold eyes in C3PO’s metal body, witnessing the end of a heroic Jedi Knight and the rise of a dark and powerful Sith Lord.
I’m sorry Obi-Wan Kenobi, I’ve failed you.
'This isn't funny Dean, the voice says i'm almost out of minutes!' - Castiel
~ Nothing is true, everything is permitted... Live by the Creed... Be Discreet...

82 Reviews

Reviews: 82
Fri Dec 16, 2011 12:46 am
TheClosetKidnapper says...

This is great! I always wondered what would happen if he turned... You did a great job showing it!
I'm never what I like
I'm double sided
And I just can't hide
I kind of like it
When I make you cry
'Cause I'm twisted up, twisted up
Inside

Semiautomatic
twenty one pilots

662 Reviews

Reviews: 662
Fri Dec 16, 2011 12:57 am
dogs says...

Hey Mystical! Dogs here with your review today! I don't know if i should have but I found a lot of this story really funny and then I realized at the end that It really wasn't funny *sigh*. You have done very well at capturing the war Luke is waging inside of himself and his rejection towards his father. When Luke said "yes" to the emperors will I really was expecting more to float around in his head. What was it that really caused Luke to say "yes" to the emperor? Why did he say it? What caused him to do it?

Finally on a plot based point would Vader die now because he isn't the sith's apprentice anymore so by extension he would have to go because a Sith can only have one apprentice... Anywho If i were you I would suggest that maybe you change this up and make it into a comedy. I would absolutely love that but totally up to you of course

This was pretty good and I really liked it, Keep up the good work!!!!

TuckEr EllsworTh :smt032
Be a cool kid and do my Short Story Contest! viewtopic.php?f=404&t=97148&p=1122883#p1122883

"Quoth the Raven. Nevermore" - Edgar Allan Poe

161 Reviews

Reviews: 161
Fri Dec 16, 2011 1:26 am
NightWriter says...

Hey MysticalBlood,

That was funny. I'm sorry if it wasn't supposed to be, but I laughed for the most part of it. Which, don't get me wrong, was good. You generally want a reaction, right?

Although, you did the end really well, which serious-i-fied it all up nicely. I stopped laughing then :)
Your dialogue is really clean, not too excessive and not too short. You made it clear who was speaking and you had enough informative background writing so that I knew what was going on.

Your last line, and I quote:
I’m sorry Obi-Wan Kenobi, I’ve failed you.
is good. It really seals off your writing well.

Allover, I found it entertaining, which, yeah, is a good thing!

Well done!

NightWriter x
raised by wolves // brought up on words.

109 Reviews

Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:07 am
MysticalBlood says...

Ah thankies! I couldn't bring myself to kill of Vader though, i love him too much :'D And yes it was supposed to be funny, thanks so much for the reviews guys!:D
~ Nothing is true, everything is permitted... Live by the Creed... Be Discreet...

67 Reviews

Reviews: 67
Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:13 pm
Jalmoc says...

That was really good! :D I'm a hardcore Star Wars fan, so this was rather refreshing! I think that Luke should have killed Vader though. But that's just my opinion! Good job! :D
If you don't take a chance, you'll always live your life in regret, so let your heart show it's true colors and admit your feelings!

Tis not the blade that took your life, but the Assassin behind it.

When Reality has all but fallen away, recreate your own world

37 Reviews

Reviews: 37
Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:59 pm
ShootingStars says...

Hi, I'm Shooting Stars! I know I'm a girl and it may be a little weird, but I have always loved Star Wars (I haven't wanted to admit this to anyone). I've watched all the movies almost a million times... ugh. Yeah, everyone has that nerdy side to them.
Anyway, right as I saw "Star Wars: If Luke had Gone to the Dark Side" I immediately clicked on your story. To be honest I thought it wouldn't be very good, but you proved me wrong. I think this was very well written, but here's two things I didn't particularly love:
1)
MysticalBlood wrote: “I’ve been thinking – well… we’ve been thinking – that it’s time you started your training. That you started your path to becoming an incredible Sith.”

This is Darth Vader speaking, but I feel like it isn't. Darth Vader here sounds unsure of himself almost. He's supposed to be radiating power and confidence.

2) You used the "d" word a few times. I know it may not seem bad to you, but I hate it when writers use cuss words. Especially since some people are kids (like me) browse this site, we don't want to see words like this. I know this isn't anything like some, but just keep it in mind.
LOVED THE LAST LINE! Great job and KEEP WRITING!
---Shooting Stars
When you wish upon a star, makes no difference who you are. Anything your heart desires will come to you. -Jiminy Cricket

Don't be afraid to jump, to leap, to fly too far and don't be scared to touch the stars!

109 Reviews

Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:36 pm
MysticalBlood says...

Well i was sure i rated it for teenagers, but the website has changed and gone all weird and stuff so i don't know. But thanks anyway! And yeah, vader is kind of suppose to sound like that. Gah, it's ok to love SW. I LOVE IT SO MUCH.

The good ended happily, and the bad unhappily. That is what Fiction means.
— Oscar Wilde, The Importance of Being Earnest