z

Young Writers Society

Story 6 (Part 4)

37 Reviews

Reviews: 37
Tue Nov 29, 2011 2:09 am
JudyG710 says...

I know this has a lot of dialogue, I'm working on it. Until I figure something out, please enjoy this how it is.

Later that night, Judy contacted the Viceroy. A hologram of Gunray appeared on her comlink, smiling at her like always.

“Hello Dear. It’s so great to see you,” he greeted. She beamed, “Hi Dad. It’s great to see you too.”

“I see you got my present.”

“I did. Thank you. I actually wore this when I met my troopers today.”

“Your troopers?”

“I became a general today.” Gunray commended, “That’s wonderful Judy. Congratulations.”

“Thanks. You know, the troopers are really, really nice guys. They’re very kind and pretty good friends.”

“You don’t think your outfit had anything to do with that, do you?” he laughed. She jested, “Maybe it had a little to do with it. (giggle)” She told her father all about her new friends. The way she got so excited about it, actually reminded him of when he had brought her home when she was a little girl, getting excited over every little thing she saw.

“We had a little hologame competition between Starlighter and me. Geo and Crossfire got in on it too. Starlighter and Crossfire thought that Starlighter would beat me. Geo and I disagreed.” The Viceroy asked, “And, how’d you do?”

“I won. Long live the queen!” she laughed.

“(chuckle) That’s my girl. But of course, you have beaten CeeDee at the game many times.” C-3D6, or CeeDee, was Gunray’s protocol droid and acted as Judy’s mother a lot of times. She had become a great part of their family.

“Well, I didn’t tell them that. How is CeeDee anyway?”

“Oh, she’s fine. She misses you a whole lot.”

“I miss her too. Just as much as I miss you.” Her father replied, “I really wish we could meet up sometime Dear. I really do.”

“Yeah. … The guys want to meet you too,” she put in. Her father seemed a bit surprised. He asked, “You told them?”

“Well, certain pieces of information were told. One bit that I neglected to mention, was the fact that you’re… well…”

“A Separatist?”

“Yeah.”

“(sigh) There’s not really much we can do about that now, unfortunately. But, perhaps we could get together tomorrow?”

“I’d love to Dad. I would. But, could we get away with it?”

“Probably. We could meet up on Maridun tomorrow. Just be together for a while. What do you say?” Before she could answer, they heard a knock at her door.

“Judy? Are you in there?” Geo called.

“Give me a second,” she requested. She turned back to her father. “All right. I’ll meet you on Maridun. I love you.”

“I love you too Dear. Good night.”

“Good night.” She shut off her comlink and opened her door. The captain asked, “Who was that?”

“My dad,” she answered.

“Oh, sorry I missed him. Are you going somewhere tomorrow?”

“… Yeah, I need to go to Maridun.”

“To meet up with your father?”

“… Yeah.”

“You think we could join you?” She hesitated to answer. She shrugged, “I don’t think so. He’s really busy. We’re only meeting up for a little while.”

“Well, anytime we can get is fine with us.”

“(sigh) Okay. You can come. But I’m not so sure you’ll be able to meet him.”

“All right. Are you okay? You seem… withholding.”

“Geo. (sigh) You’ll understand when the time’s right. Let’s just please leave it at that.” She wasn’t able to meet his eyes. He wished to ask more questions, but decided to leave it go for the moment.

“… Okay. Well, I just came up to… say good night. So, good night, Judy.”

“Good night Geo. See you tomorrow.”

“See ya.” She shut the door, sighed again, and got ready for Lights Out.

At breakfast the next morning, dressed in her usual tunic and boots, Judy joined her friends at their table. She addressed, “Hello guys.”

“Hi Judy.” She sat beside Geo again and started picking at her food as he asked, “When do we leave for Maridun?” She stopped suddenly. She had honestly hoped that he had forgotten about their conversation from the previous night. Apparently, he hadn’t.

“Well, I guess we can leave right after breakfast. If you want to.”

“Sure. That’s fine. I honestly can’t wait to meet your father.” His brothers agreed, “Us too.”

“Now, I did say that you might not be able to this time. Something might have come up.”

“… Judy, you seem to be really unsure of us meeting your father. Do you not want us to meet him?” The captain knew she didn’t really want to talk about her apprehensions, but he wanted to know.

“I do. I want you guys to meet Dad. But…”

“But what?”

“I’m just not sure that you guys are ready to meet him.” Crossfire and Starlighter exchanged questioning glances. The medic wondered, “Why don’t you think we’re ready? Why do we have to be ready?” She didn’t answer him. She picked up her food and stood up. The Knight told, “If you guys want to come, meet me at the FLIGHT in an hour.” Then she left.

Starlighter and Crossfire looked at Geo, who was staring after their friend. CT-03-0918 put in, “Do you think she’s really meeting her father?” Geo immediately snapped back to attention. He asked, “What do you mean by that?”

“I mean, is she really meeting with her father on Maridun? Maybe she’s acting so secretive because she’s meeting up with someone else.”

“Like who?” His brother glanced at him hesitantly before suggesting, “… (sigh) A Separatist, maybe.” Geo was appalled at his accusation. He frowned, “How could you even think that about her?”

“Hey, I’m just wondering. Didn’t you notice how she barely told us anything about her father? And how she seemed to be worried when you asked her when we were leaving for Maridun? And all of a sudden, we have to be ‘ready’ to meet her father? I’m just not entirely sure that she’s being totally truthful right now.” Starlighter spoke up, “Frankly Geo, I think I’m going to agree with Crossfire here. This really is getting suspicious.”

“We just met her yesterday. We don’t know enough to start making accusations about her.”

“But that’s the thing. We don’t know enough about her. We don’t know what she does, or who she really is. I’m just trying to think over the possibilities here.”

“I don’t think there is anything to think over. If you guys are coming with, I’ll see you at the FLIGHT.” Then, Geo got up and left. He couldn’t believe his brothers would even think such horrible things about their new friend. But he had to wonder: was there the slightest possibility that they were right?
"Always believe in yourself. Do this, and no matter where you are, you will have nothing to fear." - Baron Humbert von Gikkingen
JudyG <3

The brain is wider than the sky.
— Emily Dickenson