z

Young Writers Society

A Wiggles Tale

14 Reviews

Reviews: 14
Sun Nov 20, 2011 2:29 am
SirTobes says...

I wrote this for school. We had to the a cinderella story, please review and comment.
You’ve got mail
Once upon a time there lived a famous group of people called The Wiggles. There were three Wiggles Murray, Anthony and Sam. They all lived together in the Wiggle house with their servant and brother Jeff. They are broadcast every day on television by none other than Princess Dorothy the dinosaur, who also features in the show. Jeff wasn’t a Wiggle, why? You ask. Because he was lazy and always falling asleep, although, it may have been because Murray, Anthony and Sam were very cruel to him. This tale is about how Jeff became the most popular Wiggle. Lights, camera…let’s Wiggle.
“Put on the telly and start watching “Yo Gabba Gabba” barked Murray.
“Can’t you think of another really, really, really cruel punishment evil stepsister number one?” asked Jeff.
“NO! And for the last time my name’s Cook, Murray Cook and one day I will rule the world! MWAHAHAHAHAMWAHAHAHAHAA-Ack cough, cough” coughed Murray.
“Yeeaah, that’s a really bad evil laugh” Jeff laughed smugly. He did this a lot, which is why no-one really liked him. He didn’t mind though, he liked being alone, but sometimes he wished he had some friends that would be there for him all the time. Murray continued on. “You are the lazy, smelly servant around here. Now don’t you go forgetting that any time soon you little Nincompoop!” With that, Murray kicked Jeff in the left shin, swished around and walked swiftly out of the room with a sinister look on his face. Jeff looked up, absolutely wretched. “Yo Gabba Gabba” had just started.
DING DONG, DING DONG. No audience, that ding was not the doorbell at your house, so if you just got up to answer it or got up to go play, sit back down because it I haven’t finished the story yet. The dinging was in fact, the doorbell at the Wiggle’s house.
“I’ll get it!” yelled Murray and Anthony in unison.
The mail slot opened and in fell a lovely envelope, embroided with gold. It slowly floated to the floor even though gold covered the whole of its exterior. Murray and Anthony looked at each other then simultaneously dived for the envelope. They wrestled for countless minutes until (finally) Sam walked in. Immediately the two brothers stood up, brushed themselves off and put sweet innocent looks on their faces.
“What is all this raucous nonsense about?” demanded Sam.
“We got a letter from…” Murray flipped the envelope over “…PRINCESS DOROTHY!”
Sam snatched the envelope out of Murray’s hand immediately after Murray uttered that name. He ripped it open violently. Paper fell everywhere.
“Hm mm mmm” Sam cleared his throat then began.
“I, Princess Dorothy the dinosaur, am looking for a new Wiggle. As you know, there are already three Wiggles (unless by some twist of nature you don’t watch The Wiggles…FOOLS!). These include Anthony, Sam and Murray. This is not enough. I formally invite the entire town of Wiggleson to audition for the role of fourth Wiggle. I also invite the three current Wiggles to the event so they can judge. Please meet at my studio tonight at seven PM for auditions…No later. Yours sincerely, Princess Dorothy.”
“OMG, OMG!” Murray ran around in circles screaming until he ran into the door with a loud smash.
“There’s gonna be a new Wiggle!! WOOHOO!” Anthony exclaimed. He too ran around in circles until he smashed into the door and fell on top of Murray.
“PILE ON!!!!” Sam screamed and jumped on top of Anthony. They stayed there for several minutes until Sam’s arm got trapped underneath Murray’s left bottom cheek.
“SILENCE!” he yelled. “We shall begin immediately to prepare for the evening!”
“Yo Gabba Gabba just finished”. Jeff had entered the room and was leaning against the door with his arms folded.
“SHUT UP WEEZIL!” snapped Murray.
“Now now Murray. Let’s not get hasty here. Jeff can wash our clothes for this evening.”, Sam said calmly.
Fairy God Dog
It was quarter to seven and Murray, Anthony and Sam were all dressed and ready to leave for the night.
“Remember Jeff, feed the cat.”
“We don’t have a cat” Jeff interrupted Sam.
“Oh yeah, well don’t stay up late be good and STAY IN THE HOUSE!”
“Whatevs” replied Jeff, but they had already closed the door behind them. Jeff turned around and slouched down to the ground, where he began to cry in despair.
“Awwwww…don’t cry sweetie pie”, a voice rang out from the room.
Jeff was startled at the voice. “Who is it? Anthony? Murray? Sam? This isn’t funny!”
“It is not this Murray or Anthony or Sam you speak of, it is I.” With a puff of smoke a strange animal, well it wasn’t that strange; it was a dog, so you can’t really call it strange. Oops…I totally just ruined the effect of saying it was a strange animal, I really do fail at this author business, maybe I could become a journalist like my dad, nah too boring. Actually I don’t know what I want to be. Oops sorry, got a bit sidetracked there. So yeah, a dog appeared in front of Jeff
“Who are you?” Jeff asked.
“I am Wags, your fairy god dog.” Wags spoke very slowly and cautiously almost like he was nervous which was weird because he was double the size of Jeff. His voice was also very husky, sort of like a bear’s growl crossed with an Irish accent. His breath reeked and he had huge sagging bags under his eyes. His figure was petrifying and when he spoke to you had to look down so you weren’t terrified to death. Jeff was concerned; he wasn’t convinced this animal was actually an animal. He was about the same size as Sam and Jeff couldn’t stop noticing the little zip on its back. Jeff was pondering over whether to play along with this little charade or to just slouch back down to the ground and start crying again. Wags continued on. “As I can cleverly presume because I am the most clever, strong, brave, awesomest person ever, except for Nick Robbins Bevis, he’s pretty nifty, oh and Miss Whyatt and Miss Nanon. They’re awesome as well. So as I was saying, I can cleverly presume you are in a bit of a pickle a-“
“Can it be a dill pickle?” Jeff butt in.
“Sure” Wags reassured Jeff. “So I’m here to get you out of this dill pickle so you can get to the ball quick smart.” Wags was starting to talk a bit faster and his expression was becoming more and more excited every word he spoke. “Now go get me a little toy racecar immediately” he ordered.
Now Jeff was absolutely convinced it was Sam. Seriously, he thought, a toy racecar? Who was this guy kidding? I mean, why would he want a little toy racecar, was he some sort of little toy racecar collector, or was he just some freak? Maybe he was Santa Claus and was collecting toys to give to the children at Christmas? He was pretty overweight and had a red and green collar on. Jeff rolled his eyes then slumped onto the floor and started to cry in absolute misery.
“What are you doing?” Wags asked. Jeff looked up; he had tears streaming down his face like water streams down a mountain into a river beneath. He had an absolutely heartbreaking expression on his face. Wags peered into Jeff’s eyes, what he saw was absolutely horrific. Here’s a boy with courage, Wags thought. This boy is the bravest boy I have ever met.
In Jeff’s eyes was pain and suffering, eighteen years of nothing but sorrow, yet this boy stood strong as if he had a colossal force field around him. If you were Wags you probably would’ve started crying along with Jeff. But, that’s not what Wags did; Wags sat down next to Jeff, wrapped his humungous paws around him and told him it was okay to let a little anger out sometimes. Jeff was suddenly filled with contentment, it was his first experience of a hug in his life and it was wonderful. Jeff was about to ask what Wags was doing, because he had never been hugged before and had never seen his brothers hug either. Jeff was now certain that Wags was on his side. He turned to look at Wags and smiled; Wags smiled as well, Jeff then began to laugh, not with humour or grief, but with happiness, for the first time in his entire existence Jeff was laughing with happiness. He wasn’t completely happy, who would be? He was stuck in the house with nothing to do, and when his brothers and father came back he would go back to being unhappy, but for now he was laughing, with happiness, and at the moment that’s all that really mattered.
“Okay, now go get that little toy racecar” Wags spoke for the first time since he had sat down with Jeff. Jeff was still asleep though and hadn’t heard Wags. “Jeff...Jeff. Jeeeee-eeefff.” He sang. “Dude, wake up, we seriously have to prepare for the auditions now.”
“SNORK?” Jeff rolled his head over and then opened his eyes. “Okay, okay, let’s go.”
“First get the little toy racecar.” Wags said,
“Okay”. Jeff then ran into his Brother Murray’s room and grabbed a tiny racecar. When he got back to the living room, he saw Wags smoking a pipe! Jeff wasn’t surprised. He was about to tell Wags to get out of his house (it wasn’t actually his house) when Wags spoke up.
“Just a little....er...eh...time out.” He said turning his head from side to side as if he was about to be sprung by a tiger or lion. “Being chief fairy god dog of the world is tough, especially when your target starts squirtin’ water out of his eyes like a spray gun. And anyway I’ve missed two main characters already; they’re probably sitting in someone else’s Cinderella story balling their eyes out.” Wags stretched the word ‘their’ when he spoke so his magnificent speech sounded even more magnificent.
“I forgive you.” Jeff spoke very quietly and quickly when he said this as if he didn’t want Wags to hear what he said but he sort of did. “As long as you’re not just some creep dressed up as a dog!” He exclaimed.
“Put the racecar on the floor.” Jeff did so. ‘Good, now go get me a salmon.”
“A salmon?” The audience asked as if Wags was the dumbest person they had ever met.
“A salmon?” Jeff asked as if Wags was the dumbest person he had ever met.
“A salmon” The narrator asked as if Wags was the dumbest person he had ever met.
“Yes, a salmon, as you know every good car needs a good driver.” Wags replied as if Jeff was the dumbest person he had ever met.
“But it’s not a car; it’s a little toy racecar about the size of my toenail!
How do you propose anything fits in there?” Jeff was seething with anger, this guy had done enough. He had lied cheated and smoked a pipe, but, this guy had been nice to Jeff and Jeff couldn’t stop himself having just a little thanks for what he had done, so he decided to give Wags another chance.
“I’ve decided to give you another chance.” See, what did I tell you? “You show me how a salmon can fit in that car and you can stay. You can’t show me, you can’t stay, simple as that.”
“Thanks buddy.” Wags said thankfully. He started waving his paws around in a fluid motion until he was dizzy. “Karako little car Karaka big car!” He screamed with his head pointed up towards the gods. When he stopped waving his paws around a huge fog swept in and the little car turned into a wonderfully large, gleaming with paint, big...red...car! CHOO CHOO CHUGGA CHUGGA.
“WOAH!” Jeff breathed, absolutely speechless, even though he had just said a word which is technically classified as speech. Jeff was stunned, he didn’t move for minutes until he realised he should probably get the salmon now. Into the kitchen he went for what seemed like the billionth time. When he returned he placed the salmon on the driver’s seat of the car and stepped back. Wags nodded.
“With my magic without a fuss, I turn this fish to an octo-PUS!” Wags shrieked with all his might. He was looking up to the sky with veins popping out of his head as he shrieked and I’m pretty sure some seriously dramatic music started playing, (DUN-DUN-DUN-DUNNNNH!) not here, in the story silly. A mighty loud, low rumble of thunder and a flash of lightning al- (BOOOOOOM!); what? Not here, in the story and if you’re going to make the noise at least do it at the right time.
An octopus. That’s what Wags turned the salmon into. An octopus, complete with eight legs, suckers, eyes and mouth, was what was sitting on the driver’s seat of the big red car. It was big and purple with a stripy yellow, orange and blue suit on. He had on top of his head a little hat that looked like something someone would wear to the races.
“Hop in” Wags offered as he opened the passenger seat door so Jeff could sit down. Wags waved his paws again and this time there was no thunder, no lightning, and no seriously dramatic music. Wags just laughed, and when I say laughed I don’t mean hahaha funny laugh, I mean a whopping big evil laugh like Murray did when he was laughing about ruling the world earlier in this brilliant piece of literature which definitely deserves an A plus, Wink, wink. Anyhow, this laugh was ignoramus, it shook the walls of the house; in fact it shook the WHOLE house, which nearly blew down, but that’s another fairy tale. “I just officially changed your lazy ways and now you will appreciate more, do more, not be so lazy, and live your life to its fullest. I hope you get the part, I really do. One more thing, don’t, I mean DON’T stay until midnight, that’s when your ear will full off, to the auditions Henry.” Wags said with a cheesy grin and a wink.
“What? What is wrong with yooooooooou-?” Jeff screamed absolutely shocked. The car had driven away though and his ‘you’ sounded more like a big ‘BOO’ with a y instead of a b.
“Nothing buddy, nothing at all, but according to the federal department of absolutely incredible Cinderella stories, chapter two on perfect fairy godmothering, law 14:7 clearly states that a part of you must fall off, I chose ear, I thought it would be hilarious.” Wags stated with a giggle. Not to anyone in particular though, Jeff had already arrived at his destination, because, fact is, Dorothy’s studio was just across the street.

The Auditions
“FAR …OUT” It was Anthony. A small figure dressed in purple had entered the room and was walking calmly onto the stage.
“Name?” Sam asked.
“Jeff” The figure replied, which unless you have already noticed was the main character Jeff. “And I’m looking for the role of the newest Wiggle.”
The way Jeff said this made Murray squirm uncomfortably. He was unsure about a guy called Jeff looking exactly like Jeff (Murray, Anthony and Sam were quite stupid and hadn’t realised it was in fact Jeff). This guy even spoke like Jeff, wore purple (Jeff’s favourite colour) and, well, that’s about it really.
“You look like my-I mean our servant.” Murray said slowly as he squinted his eyes. It wasn’t for dramatic effect; he just had a tiny speck of dirt stuck in them and wanted to get it out, it was just a coincidence that he did it at the same time he spoke. Jeff was dripping with sweat and his teeth were chattering away like a bongo drum. “You are my-I mean our servant aren’t you? Jeff! What are you doing here!?” Snapped Murray sharply. “GET OUT OF HERE! NOW!”
Jeff looked scared, he was scared, and worried. He started to whimper then broke into tears.
“Wimp”, Murray said under his breath as he leaned back into his chair and started rubbing his chin with boredom.
“WOAH WOAH WOAH WOAH WOAH. Calm down everyone.” It was Dorothy. She was standing at the back of the studio talking with an angry, crossed with a calm expression on her face. “Jeff is here, Jeff auditions. Let him audition and Murray, Anthony, Sam, don’t be bias.” She said with a serious tone in her voice. Then she walked swiftly out the door leaving the four boys alone.
“Ummmmm…You’re kinda the only person that auditioned so I guess you can have the part.” Anthony said.
Jeff didn’t react, instead he looked at his watch and saw that it was a minute until midnight. If he didn’t leave now he would miss Henry the octopus and the big red car and he would have to walk all the way home, which was just across the street. Jeff bolted out of that door like a stream train, he was absolutely flying so he didn’t miss the car. As he ran though, his ear, yes his ear fell off.
“DIE FOOLS!” Someone yelled from eight seats back. The judges turned around automatically. Behind them was a man standing on the chairs. He was holding a feather in his right hand; he was wearing a pirate hat and holding a strange looking gun in his hand. “AAARRRRRR.” He said, well he didn’t really say it, he sort of arrrrred it. “With this, I will rule the world!”
“Who are you?” Asked Anthony.
“Well, I’m not a captain yet but one day I will be, so you can just call me Captain Feathersword!” He answered.
“But you said you weren’t a captain.” Sam said.
“Call me captain or you die!” threatened Captain Feathersword with his gun pointed at Sam’s head.
“Okay, okay,” Sam said in distress. “I’ll call you Captain Feathersword, I’ll call you whatever you want.”
“Soooo....ahhh…What is the thing you’re holding.” Murray asked curiously.
“It is an amnesia machine that automatically gives you amnesia. You will lose your memory and forget who the new Wiggle was so I can get the part! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAA” He laughed hysterically. “Mind you, it only gets rid of short term so I guess it isn’t that much help in me ruling the world and all. I so knew I should have inserted tab A in tab B instead of tab A into tab C! Who cares though, I may as well try.” As soon as he finished speaking he raised the gun thing up and fired. Out shot a red laser and BAM! It hit the judges at full pace.
Murray, Anthony and Sam woke up the next day in the exact same place as they had been hit, in their seats. Murray opened one eye then the other. He slowly sat up and looked around the deserted studio. It looked like a ghost town and smelt like pencil shavings.
“Where are we?” He mumbled to himself.
At that moment Dorothy the Dinosaur walked in.
“Who won?” She asked.
“Won what?” Murray answered a question with a question.
“The audition silly” Dorothy replied with a “this guy is a total loser” look on her face.
“What audition?” Again Murray answered a question with a question.
Dorothy sighed and rolled her eyes. “Captain Feathersword must have snuck in, pulled out a memory loss gun, pointed it yeah, fired and snuck out the window. That’s the only proper explanation.” Dorothy said without taking a breath. She paused to take one then continued on. “Okay, the person that won probably dropped something, that’s what happens in all good Cinderella stories.” She started looking all over the place for a clue. “There! On the stage! An ear…”
“OOOOOOHHHH…” The audience said.
Dorothy picked up the ear and announced to nobody in particular, “we shall search for the owner of this ear and the person that owns it shall become the new Wiggle immediately.” She announced in her announcement voice which sounded like a fish, strange, eh?

The End chapter
It was sad, for some people, only for a few friends (if he had any) and family. It was sad because Captain Feathersword had died. After he had snuck out the window, as Dorothy had cleverly presumed, he tripped on an ant called Murgatroyde, fell on his funny bone and died of laughter. Not because he had hit his funny bone, because as any normal human being knows, hitting your funny bone is not funny. He had died because when he fell his feather got stuck up his ear, causing him to laugh hysterically. He laughed so hard that the feather had been jammed right inside his head causing his brain to fall out along with some blood, a can of baked beans and a two cent piece. Sad, I know.
DING DONG DING DONG. No reader, that wasn’t your doorbell, so if you got up to answer it, sit back down cause I’m not done yet, nearly, but not yet. The doorbell at the Wiggles place was the dinging. Their doorbell rings a lot doesn’t it?
Murray opened the door to see who it was. I bet it was Dorothy.
“Ahhh, Dorothy.” See. What did I tell you? “I guess you’ve come to tell us who the new Wiggle is.” He guessed.
“Noooo...I’m here to see if any other resident’s live in the house.” She said.
“Nup, just us Wiggles,” replied Murray. When he said Wiggles he wiggled his fingers up and down in the shape of a gun. “Hey, would you look at that?” Murray laughed. “That should be our new thing.”
“MURRAY!” Dorothy snapped as she slapped him across the face. “Listen to me you fool! I’ve always favoured Anthony instead of you, you idiot! The way he eats is absolutely adorable.” She crooned.
“Ow.” Murray said rubbing his cheek. “Anthony’s a loser. Don’t you like the way I play my guitar?” Murray questioned.
Dorothy rolled her eyes. “You play soft rock; don’t you know I hate that?” Sneered Dorothy, “I like country and western; that’s Anthony’s favourite. He likes Dolly Parton though. I guess that’s the only thing we disagree on.”
“Anthony likes blues.” Murray said quietly.
“Pardon?” Dorothy said. She stretched it out and leaned in close.
“Nothing,” said Murray.
Jeff was watching this whole scene play out in front of him from the hallway where he was cleaning. Idiots, he thought. What were they fighting over? Nothing, it seemed. Maybe they were fighting over what music Anthony likes or whether Dolly Parton is any good or whether Murray plays better guitar than Anthony eats. Jeff turned his head to the stairwell. Sam and Anthony were jumping of the top of it into the indoor pool, nearly banging their heads on the bottom. These guys need someone that was sensible as a Wiggle, thought Jeff. Overnight, Jeff had contemplated whether to hand himself over as a Wiggle; he came to the conclusion of no. These guys didn’t need him, as a servant yes, but not as a Wiggle. That’s when he saw Anthony climbing onto the top of the roof to jump into the pool. Jeff thought for a second, Maybe I should hand myself over. He thought about it then decided that he wanted to but he knew he couldn’t, if he did the song “us three Wiggles” wouldn’t make sense.
Was a song really worth giving up a fantastic new adventure for though? You tell me, on second thoughts you should probably tell Jeff. After the reader had told Jeff a song wasn’t worth giving up a whole new adventure for (If you haven’t told him yet do it now. I’m serious, put your mouth up to the paper and tell him.) Jeff decided to tell everyone he was the new Wiggle. He ran up to Murray and kicked him.
“I’m the new Wiggle!” He exclaimed.
“Yeah right”, muttered Murray.
“SHUT UP AND LISTEN WEASEL! I’m the new Wiggle! See for yourself!” Jeff turned around and pointed at the place where his ear used to be. Dorothy’s and Murray’s eyes popped out of their skin. “I AM THE NEW WIGGLE AND I LIVE HERE!”
“Hmmmm...” You could hear Dorothy’s brain ticking as she thought. “I guess there’s only one thing to do then.” She said.
“Announce me the new Wiggle?” Jeff asked.
“That to, but first we shall glue that ear of yours back on.”
Jeff ran off into the supplies cupboard to fetch the glue. As he was running the fact that he was newest Wiggle on the block had sunk in but didn’t really have an effect. As he ran Jeff wasn’t feeling a wild burst of excitement or joy. All he was thinking as he ran was ‘sweet’. That’s all, one word that summed up everything inside him. Finally, he thought, he had someone that was going to care for him. Finally, he had someone who would laugh when he laughed and smile when he smiled. Finally, he had a family. Finally he had some friends. Finally, after twenty years of excruciating pain...he was happy.
The End
There is no such thing as a stranger. Only friends we haven't met yet.

Previously Just Toby

19 Reviews

Reviews: 19
Mon Nov 21, 2011 1:15 am
View Likes
21WhiteRoses says...

Wow this made my day!I was entertained the whole way through!Such a unique idea. I really love how casual the voice is in this. I defiantly give you an A plus :D I only notices a couple minor grammar issues so great work!I'd love to read more!
"But death and darkness in that instant closed the eyes of Argos, who had seen his master, Odysseus, after twenty years...."

sometimes i don't consider myself a poet but then i remember that i literally write poetry
— chikara