z

Young Writers Society

Story 6 (Part 3)

37 Reviews

Reviews: 37
Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:32 am
JudyG710 says...

After a couple minutes, they found the holotable and took turns playing against each other. Making his move, Starlighter stated, “What else do you think Judy will do differently as our general?”
“Hmm. Don’t exactly know. Ha! Try getting yourself out of that,” Crossfire challenged.
“What do you think Geo? … Wow. She really did do an excellent job with our names.” He took his turn, getting out of Crossfire’s trap and winning the game.
“How did you do that?” his brother wondered. He shrugged, “Try practicing some more and you might actually beat me one day.”
“I’m not so sure either. But I think it’s undeniably going to be quite the experience. … Come on Crossfire. My turn. Time for the champion to play,” the captain laughed.
“But I’ve been playing for a while now,” the medic smiled.
Once Starlighter had beaten his brothers multiple times, they decided to head to the mess hall for some dinner. As they sat down, their general walked over to them and took the seat beside Geo.
“Achuta mikiyuna,” the Knight greeted.
“Hello Judy,” the troopers welcomed in unison.
They ate in silence for a few minutes, when they all heard a tiny squeak. The four ignored it the first time. Then they heard it again.
Starlighter asked, “Did you hear that?” His brothers nodded, “Yeah.”
“What is it?” They heard it again. The troops looked at Judy. She was staring down at her food, when she made a tiny squeaking noise. Crossfire laughed, “Judy? Is that you?” She squeaked again in response. Her friends burst into laughter.
“Come on. I can’t control the way my hiccups sound. Give me a break,” she smiled sheepishly. Geo tried to suppress his laugh. He told, “No, we get it. It’s kinda cute. (chuckle) But it’s really funny.” She hiccupped yet again and laughed with her troops.
Once the hiccups had died down, Crossfire asked, “Hey Judy? General Windu was telling us a couple things about you. Did you really go to the Temple at fourteen? Aren’t Jedi usually brought there like a few months after birth?”
“Well Crossfire, it was different for me. Obviously. The day I was born, when the doctors took me away to do the usual stuff, my parents left. They walked out of the med center without a trace. Leaving me with only my name and a bracelet they left for me.” She showed them the bracelet she’d kept with her since the day she received it.
She went on explaining how no one knew of her Force abilities. How after three months in the hospital, her friend, Akryce Almez, took her to the ‘Orphan Hall’. And after eight years, how she was adopted by the only family she would ever know from then on. The Knight continued, “When I turned fourteen, I told my father that I wanted to go to the Jedi Temple and see if I could become a Jedi Knight. Though he was sad about it, he let me go. So, I went in my ship, and after a certain series of events, Master Windu took me on as his Padawan.”
“Whoa. So, you know your father?” Starlighter wondered.
“My adopted father, yes. And I still keep in touch with him, because I just love him so much.”
“Isn’t it against the Jedi Code for Jedi to form attachments?”
“I guess I’m an exception.” Geo questioned, “Do you think we could ever meet your father?” She stared down at her food again, thinking, then looked over at him.
“I think you guys will be able to meet him. Probably not anytime soon, because we’re all really busy. But, I definitely want you guys to get to know him at some point.”
“Great. If he raised you to be the way you are, then he must be a pretty good man.” Judy mumbled, “Please keep that in mind when you actually do meet him.”
“What was that?”
“Nothing. Is there anything else you guys want to know?” Crossfire nodded, “Yeah. If I may ask, what’s the story on that medallion you’re wearing?”
“It’s a Jedi medallion. This one was actually given to me by Master Sifo-Dyas.”
“Master Sifo-Dyas? Didn’t he have something to do with, well, us?” Starlighter inquired, gesturing to him and his brothers.
“Yes, actually. When I was ten, my father took me to Tatooine one day. While there, I was put into slavery by Gardulla the Elder. My father, our protocol droid, and a new friend of ours had met with Master Dyas soon after I was taken to Gardulla’s palace. He offered to help free me, and free me he did.
“Before we left Tatooine, Master Dyas asked me if I was Force-sensitive. I told him no, because I couldn’t leave my father then. I didn’t think it was the right time. But Master Sifo-Dyas knew I was, so he gave me his Medallion and told me only to wear it when I became a Jedi Knight. And that when I thought I was ready to start my training, to come find him. That was not too long before he died. When I became a Jedi Knight, I started wearing this, and it has never left my sight. Just like he wanted.”
“Wow. You must really miss him.” She touched the little coin and told, “Yeah, I do.” Trying to change the subject to a lighter note, Crossfire dared, “Hey, Starlighter is like the hologame master. I bet that he would beat you at a game.” Judy smiled, “Really? I’ll take that bet.”
“I’m in too,” Geo added. The medic agreed, “As am I. I kinda have to be. But nevertheless, I’m in.”
“I’m with Judy. I bet the master will be taken down today,” the captain sided. Crossfire shook his head, “Please. We’ll see about that.” The Knight wondered, “What’s the wager?” Geo explained, “The usual wager with me and my brothers, is that the losers must cater to the needs of the winners for a whole day.”
“So this is a usual thing for you guys?”
“Yep.”
“And you guys typically have to wait on Starlighter, huh?”
“Yeah. He’s practically pampered like a king. ”
“Well, make way for the queen, Starlighter. Your reign ends today.”
“No way. Long live the king!” he called. They then hurried off to the hologame table to begin the contest.
"Always believe in yourself. Do this, and no matter where you are, you will have nothing to fear." - Baron Humbert von Gikkingen
JudyG <3

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:10 pm
Seraph says...

Wow Judy! I love the way you write! You've included backstories for your characters, comedic relief, and great personalities for all of your characters. On top of that, the story is excellent and very enjoyable! I also found your use of Huttese quite interesting. Hahaha! Always continue to write! Who knows? Maybe you'll be the next writer for a new Star Wars series some day! You never know! :D
"At this very instant, I augment the spacetime that permeates and weaves our beings."

In the winter months, snowstorms and rainfall in the Patagonian Ice Fields can drastically affect the landscape. Worsened by heavy winds, such storms can reduce visibility and lead to glacial calving, ice collapses, and avalanches. During these conditions, travel is not advised.
— The Documentarian