z

Young Writers Society

Added Scene, WOLF BROTHER

34 Reviews

Reviews: 34
Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:43 pm
angel007angel says...

Spoiler! :
The book Wolf Brother was written by Michelle Paver which is part of the series, Chronicles of Acient Darkness. I like her books so I created this scene based on the book I had read. This was wrote by me ages ago and I recovered it recently and decided to share! Enjoy!

He was just lying there. Doing nothing. Torak’s dad was on the hard, cobbled ground with dig marks and slashes across his face. Torak felt helpless, with himself in immense pain, he couldn’t feel his body move. The bear was far gone by now, but the air was thickened with its deep growls. Torak was just a young boy and loved his Father deeply. Why did this happen? Thought Torak.
It started off as a normal day, but then, out of no where this big bear came, using his massive growl to scare the crew away. Torak was stepping away from the grizzly bear not making a sound, as he got further away, his father got closer, holding his knife for a shielded, but it wasn’t enough as his father was attacked by the creature every move made Torak want to scream. The bear slashed at his father and then all of a sudden, he fell to the ground and the bear ran away.
Torak had a tear in his eye, just thinking about it made him shiver.
“Torak… I want you to move away from this place, where danger is no where to be seeked.” Fa said. A stutter in his voice.
“But Fa… I’m not leaving you,” Torak replied hopelessly.
“It’s the only way you’ll get out alive, I want you to make your way to the Mountain Of Spirit.” Answered Fa.
“No, I told you I’m not leaving you.” Torak’s voice thickened.
“Yes, you have to trust me on this one, now hurry, I shall start the death journey soon, take this knife, it’ll bring you luck on the way.”
Just the sound of the death journey made Torak grit his teeth, to stop the tears flowing. Torak had to trust his dad on this one, else, he’ll be next for the death journey.
“Fine, I don’t want to do this… but…. I guess, for you, I have to. But how will I know where to find this Mountain Of Spirit?” Torak wondered, sighing.
“Your guide will find you along the way” he sniffed the frozen air, “Now, you’d better start heading north, and I can just smell the beast coming. Now go,”
Guide? What guide, I’m so confused. Torak thought.
“I’m gonna stay here until you die, I want to stay here, with you,”

Torak had a wonderful life, with plenty of food provided and a wonderful family. This seemed so delirious to him. Torak could feel his flesh burn after putting salty water on the grazes he had from the beast. Torak breathed heavily.
“Fa, the death journey, is it… painful?” Torak wondered.
“Right now, yes, but I don’t want to think about pain, it makes me want to scream,”
Torak wanted to murder the beast who did this. He felt like yelling, attracting the bear and getting it to kill him. His dad didn’t deserve this, he done so much to help Torak in the past years, finding food for him and also finding shelter and building it, which took many days to find the right wood. It just didn’t seem right to do this, leave his dad to die while he finds a mountain that he doesn’t even know what it’s for. But right now, he didn’t care. Fa started breathing heavy and slowly shut his eyes. Torak had a tear in his eye. Torak had never cried in his life before, this is all new to him. Slowly his dad passed.
Torak wiped his eyes, got out his compass and started walking. Trudging through the filthy dirt. He had no idea what lied ahead for him. . .
- angel007angel x

78 Reviews

Reviews: 78
Fri Oct 21, 2011 1:14 am
davantageous says...

He was just lying there. Doing nothing. Torak’s dad was on the hard, cobbled ground with dig marks and slashes across his face. Torak felt helpless, with himself in immense pain, he couldn’t feel his body move. The bear was far gone by now, but the air was thickened with its deep growls. Torak was just a young boy and loved his Father deeply. Why did this happen? Thought Torak.

He was just lying there, lifeless. Torak's dad was strewn on the hard, uneven ground with dig marks and slashes across his tawny face. Torak felt helpless. He himself, fighting the pain, anguished in the inability to even feel his body move, could do nothing. The bear was far gone by now, but the air remained present with every snarly growl. Torak was just a young boy who loved his father deeply. "Why did this happen?" thought Torak.
Davantageous

Facebook is that cockroach that you just can't kill
— Gravity