z

Young Writers Society

G, Averi and Vanessa Callen

Random avatar

Reviews: 12
Tue Oct 11, 2011 11:28 pm
callenlover says...

Callen Pov
Were all pregnant women so moody and cranky? I made a mental note to ask Sam about it when i got to HQ, I took one last look at Averi and convinced she wouldn't wake up before i left i placed a light kiss on her forehead and closed the door behind me. I love her but come on I'm 39 now and not like i can handle her without lashing sometimes and that facts had yet to sink into her young mind. I chuckled to myself as the doors opened. Sam gave me a questioning looking but didn't press any further knowing i would tell him in my own time. I waited until Nell, Hetty, Kensi, Deeks and Sam had sat down talking to each other before i clapped my hands together; well i had their attention now how to say this properly so i don't get smacked is the question. "Ummm well I....crap."

"Callen did something happen between you and Averi? Did you hurt her because i swear if you did.....?” Kensi trailed of seeing my face and she sat back down looking extremely embarrassed for even suggesting it. "Right." she mumbled and looked at me silently giving me permission to continue, even though i technically didn't need it.

I sighed and took a deep breath before running my hands through my hair nervously; it had grown out some but not too much just a little at the ends. "Gosh dang this is really hard to say but it shouldn’t be." Everyone was waiting and Hetty's lips twitched just a little in a smile form, great she knows. Then again when doesn't Hetty know when I’m trying to keep something from her? "Well...umm...”

Sam was getting more and more anxious by the second and his knuckles where turning white from where he was gripping the edge of his desk, probably thinking the worst has taken me Averi and I into its waiting arms. "Spit it out G!" I gave him a heated glare and he shrunk back knowing i would tell when i could find my voice to do so. Kensi and Deeks were getting fidgety as well and just as i opened my mouth to speak my phone rang and i exhaled the breath i had held, i smiled looking at the caller Id and saw Averi's name pop up.

"Hey." I said with a mile on my face and it spread across the room as everyone could tell who it was, Kensi was eager to check on her "baby sister" and kept signaling to talk and i held a finger up. "How's work?" i rolled my eyes a gesture not missed by Sam and he raised an eyebrow. "Ummmmmm" She chuckled but it sounded forced, she wasn't happy though when I got home she would swear up and down it was sickness i knew it was worry. "Well I’ll let you do your job then, Agent Callen" i knew she was smiling and i laughed "love you, here's Kensi." I couldn't hear the whole conversation but when Kensi turned to me with her mouth dropped and eyes wide i knew Averi had told her. She said her goodbyes and turned to me. Crap.

"I think you can tell everyone now." She said her voice holding 10 different emotions but the top 2 love and surprise by now Sam was pacing muttering things to himself like, "Is she hurt?" "Did they split up?" If we had split up why would she be calling to ask how my day was, although I didn't point this out to Sam but just shook my head and gave a dog whistle and Hetty stood next to Kensi along with Nell. I took a shaky breath and exhaled.

"Well...Averi's she's-she's .....pregnant." i finally managed to choke the words out of my mouth, Sam smirked and i realized he was thankful i had finally said it instead of Kensi, and so was I. Nell pulled her phone out of her pocket to dial Averi's number but i wrenched it away. The younger girl looked at me and frowned but i just chuckled and ruffled her short hair. "She needs sleep Nell, not you rambling about...whatever it is girls ramble about." I think Hetty has been glued to the floor because she makes no attempt to move whatsoever, great she disappointed but then come the shocked...she hugs me and pats my back before leaving. Sam and Deeks followed suit, without the hug. I sighed and grabbed my jacket off the back of my chair and slung it on. "Night guys, make sure you call Averi later, i really don't need her crying more then she already does." Kensi and Nell laughed but promised to call.

I hesitated a moment before opening the door and stepping in, the lights were out but the fireplace was going and i noticed Averi snuggled up on the couch with Bella, our cocker spaniel curled around her. She gave a low throaty growl when i went to grab Averi and carry her to bed but i gave her a scratch behind the ears and see knew it was me coming home from work. I pulled the blankets back and layed Averi down, and took a shower. I walked out of the bathroom and saw Averi sitting up in bed.

"G?" she said squinting and i knew half was from tiredness and half from nausea. I climbed in bed and pulled her closer and she snuggled in. "when'd you get home?" She asked, sounding like a small child and then i realized, compared to me she is a small child, i stroked her hair and kissed her forehead.

"A few minutes ago, now sleep woman, if you let my child stay awake all night she'll have no energy for tomorrow." I smiled a little but Averi's grin was huge and she chuckled. "What?" I said innocently smoothing her hair over hair face the pushing to out of her eyes only to be repeat again and again. She shook her head then opened her eyes, brown staring into blue.

"How do you know the baby's a girl?" she whispered in my ear and i shrugged before pulling the blankets up to my chin and giving her one last kiss.

"A father knows." I whispered before turning over and falling into a wonderful dream of me, Averi and a little girl, my future

. ~Part 2~
She was waiting impatiently for me at the front door rolling her eyes and tapping her foot restlessly. "G, come on or I’m leaving without you!" I ran up from behind and grabbed her waist placing a kiss on her temple; she giggled and turned around to kiss me. "Go put a shirt on or i will leave without you! I'm not missing the appointment because you're too lazy to put one on." I smirked and went back to our room, coming out no longer than 45 seconds later.

"You really think i would let you prevent me from seeing my child?" I murmured into her shoulder and helped her with her jacket; she turned around and raised an eyebrow at me, shutting the door behind her. "Hey that's my thing!" I called after her. She rolled her eyes and tossed me the keys. "Why aren't you driving?" She rolled her eyes at me and opened the passenger door. "I was being serious Mrs. Callen" Well that didn't work either so now she was gonna be in a bad mood for most of the day.

"You know i tell you one thing and it goes in one ear and out the other." She said and pressed her forehead against the window, I could tell she was crying. I tried to place my hand on her leg but she flinched away. What had a said? So i didn't remember she couldn't drive what was the big deal?

"I don't see why you're making a big deal out of me forgetting you couldn't drive, honestly Averi." She looked like she had been slapped she opened her mouth to say something but obviously she thought better of it and bit her lip. I however wanted to hear what was going to be said. "Sorry what was that Averi? I didn't quite catch it." She glowered at me but didn't say anything. "God Averi just say it! What is going on with you?" Her eyes lit with anger, here we go.

"What's wrong with me? You're the one forgetting things! Are you gonna forget you have a child G? Or a wife? God forbid the good looking Agent Callen be tied down with a wife and child, maybe you won't forget maybe you'll just purposely lie to people." This hurt a lot, where did she even get this from, there was obviously a lot more underneath then me just forgetting that one thing, and she will tell me.

"Seriously Averi, please talk to me." I said taking her hands in mine and tracing it with my thumb; she took a deep breath and wiped the tears off her face. She was a wreck but we needed to get all the screaming out of her system, at least for another five months, then she can scream all she wants.

"Do you and everyone else honestly think i don't see it?" I was confused and it showed on my face, she gave a small chuckle, no happiness and shook her head. "Girls drool over you G, and you do nothing about it. I mean ya know maybe this was a bad idea." I was taken aback, did they seriously drool, i mean i had been told i was good looking...what a second let's look at this from her perspective, she goes clubbing, there's a lot of good-looking guys her age there. I notice them looking at her and i have to bite me tongue, so this is how she felt.

"Averi I’m sorry, i just, and I really don't pay attention to that stuff anymore." She took my hand and kissed the backside of it, we parked and i helped her out. We had been waiting about 15 minutes when a nurse opened the door and smiled.

"Mrs. Callen." I gave her my hand and we followed the nurse to a small room while we waited for the doctor to arrive, she smiled at me.

"I love you G." I smiled and the doctor came in, he looked back and forth between us.

"You must be her father." Did he mean Averi's dad? Averi seemed to pick up and laugh. “Is something funny Mrs. Callen?" He asked and she was only able to give a small nod she was laughing so hard.

"He's my husband." He had a wide eyed expression on, great here we go, someone else that's going to be judgmental but surprisingly he said nothing.

"Let's have a look." He moved something around on her stomach and a picture popped up on the screen, my breath caught as i realized what it was. "My God that's a baby." I murmured, the doctor smiled and turned to both of us.

"And a very healthy one. Take a guess Mr. Callen boy or girl?" I smiled at Averi and she rolled her eyes

"Girl." The doctor smiled and told Averi she could change

"Very good guess Mr. Callen, the baby is a girl, I’ll see you both next month. Have a good day." I took Averi's hand in mine.

"I told you so." She nodded and looked up at me with a smile

"You did tell me, i was wrong."

~Part 3~

Oh the joy of baby names we had already crossed off, Abigail, Samantha, and Lilly. Averi was getting tired so i automatically jumped to the name at the bottom of the list, I smiled, i liked this name so i wrote it down, I didn't tell
Averi though she would have a heart attack.

"Vanessa Callen?" I said looking over at her, she opened her eyes and looked at me a minute before smiling, she had caught it. She took the list and read the name, Vanessa Elizabeth Callen. She looked at me a minutes before sitting the paper down and resting her head on my chest.

"Did you think of Vanessa Elizabeth on your own?" I nodded as I looked into her brown eyes growing droopier and droopier by the minute. She smiled. "I love it G, but i don't remember it being on the list." I tickled her and she burst out laughing then pushed me away. I pretended to be hurt but she knew me better than that. "You'll be fine G" She said patting my head and disappearing into our bedroom Bella climbed onto my lap and i scratched the dog behind her ear, receiving a sloppy kiss in return.

"I think I like Averi's kisses better Bella." She looked at me with those big, brown puppy eyes and i laughed and gave her a smile that resulted in more doggy kisses. "Alright, when Vanessa comes you two will have lots in common, number 1 you both slobber." With that I put a scoop of dog food into her bowl and turned out the lights, heading for our room. Averi was already curled up, can't say i blame her. I took her in my arms and placed a light kiss on her forehead before falling asleep.

When I woke up Averi had already left for work and i notice Bella had taken her spot i chuckled and ruffled her fur. "Are you an attention hog Ms. Bella?" I said walking into the bathroom; I stepped into the shower and the next thing i felt was fur around my ankle. "Bella!" bad dog!" She whimpered and gave me those eyes; she was gonna be a bad influence on Nessa. Better not let Averi her you call her that, she was strict on that kind of thing. If someone was named Lillian she didn't believe they should be called Lilly. It's not their name, was always the response I got. G wasn't my name but people called me it, well it was but only part of it.

Sam and Kensi automatically ran over as soon as i walked through the doors and i answered their questions for them. "February 18, a girl and her name's Vanessa Elizabeth." Kensi squealed and clapped her hands running off to tell Nell but Sam lingered behind.

"You okay G?" He asked, so my stress had be showing, crap I'm the leader, I'm supposed to be the mask. Instead a shook my head and sat down at my desk, Sam pulled his chair up beside me and patted my back. He was a dad so he understood. Girls just had a maternal thing built into them, but it was a totally different thing for guys. "Wanna talk?"
I lifted my head up from my desk and looked straight at him.

"What if I mess her up? If i can't be there all the time and Averi practically raises her. I want to be there Sam but I’m already exhausted and it's only been four months, what about after she's born?" With that i layed my head back down and waited for him to tell me everything would be okay, but he didn't.

"I can't tell you what you want to here, it's gonna be rough but you love Averi and Vanessa. Are willing to do anything for them and vice versa. You're extremely strong and will get through this G, but like I said it won't be easy." I nodded and dialed Averi's number.

"Hello?" I smiled she was completely calm and here I was practically having a mental break down. I ran my hand through my hair.

"I just wanted to let you know I'll be home early tonight." There was a pause she was trying to figure it out but settled for asking.

"Why?" It was a simple question but one that made me hurt, i was rarely home before she went to bed and if she was still awake she wouldn't be for long, I took a shaky breath.

"Because I want to be there for you and Vanessa, and that won't happen if I'm coming home no earlier than ten." She was quiet a moment.

"Love you G." I smiled

"Love you too Averi."

~part 4~

I walked into HQ my eyelids prbably touching, the ground..I wouldn't have noticed. I gave a loud yawn which resulted in people I didn't even know give me looks of sympathy. I grunted and walked to the coffee machiene, hoping a strong mug would help.

"You okay G?" I spun around and saw Sam standin beside me looking at me with worry and a haha-know-you-know-what-I-went-through face. I gave anohter ywan in reply and headed towards my desk. "I'll take that as a no, seriously G, what's going on?" I thumped my head on my desk about five times before looking up at Sam with tears in my eyes. "G?" He said, sitting down beside me and putting a hand on my shoulder. I sighed.

"Averi's gone." He looked at me a minute, trying to see if I was kidding but the solemn head shake told him I wasn't. "I honestly don't know what I did either."

*flashback*
I had gotten home earlier than usual, I didn't see Averi curled up on the couch so I decided to give our bedroom a look. There she was with a duffel bag, on the bed and putting clothes inside it, I stopped at the doorframe and stared at her, shock and depression all in on face. She tried to wrap her arms around me but I stepped back.

"Why?" My eyes were red with me trying to hold back tears, but Averi's had already sprung lose. She bit her lip and ran a hand through her hair, she didn't want to leave anymore than I wanted her to.

"G, I try to be supportive I really do, but I mean Do I really know who you are? Are you really G Callen? or is it alais you have gotten so used to being in it's just nature? Having no idea what will happen the miunte you walk into work scares the living crap out of me!" I wrap my arms around her. She was scared plan and simple, of my job, the future and I don't blame her. "I need to get away G, My cousin's going to New York for vacation all next week and I'm going with her." She tried to leave but I grabbed her wrist.

"How do i kow you not lying?" She looked at me solmen face and put a hand to my cheek, I closed my eyes and held it there. She pulled awat and gave me a small peck on the cheek.

"You don't."
*end flashback*

"It'll be okay G, she'll come back and you guys can talk, things through." I sighed as Kensi and Deeks walked in and sat at their desks.

"I hope you're right." Hetty walked in looking terrified followed by a Puffyeyed Nell and a distraught Nate. "What's going on?" I said already out of my chair and reahing for my jacket. Nate put a hand on my shoulder and for once I didn't shove him away. Something was wrong, very wrong.

"Averi's in the hospital." The room started spinning and everyone's voices started to blend together, Averi was in the hospital? Who, what had happened? Sam ran over and put my head between my knees and Kensi was alreay yelling at Nate asking what had happened and which hospital. "Has anyone besides Sam worried about Callen!" He yelled in Kensi's face, she shrunk down and looked at me, and I shook my head.

"What.Happened?" I managed to choke out, after about 20 minutes of everyone staring at me.

"Car accident, Mr. Callen." Hetty said stepping forward, I had completely forgotten about the shorter, older woman. I was able to stand again, Kensi, Nell and Sam were all surrounding me, as terrified as me. I was the husband, Kensi the older sister, Nell the best friend and one she told everything to, and Sam was Sam to her, Protector, and secret keeper.

"How bad?" I sqeaked out, Hetty gave a small smile so it wasn't that bad, at least I think it was a smile, but it could have been a grimace.

"Fractured arm and a couple of bruises in her face, Los Angeles Mercy, Mr. Callen." I nodded and ran out to my car, Sam got shot gun while Kensi and Nell sat in the back. It was silent the ride there, at the recipon desk we all flashed our badges and she pointed to a room. I took a shaky breath and opened the door. Averi was stuggling to sit up but the nurse kept pushing her down.

"G! Tell this nurse i'm fine and can go home." I chuckled, knowing how much she hated hospitals, I brushed a hair from her ear and wispered,

"I don't think I will, this is your punishment for leaving me." She looked up at me with tears in her eyes and threw her arms around my waist, Kensi, Sam and Nell along with the nurse left so we could be alone. I stroked her hair, she scooted over so Ic ould lay next to her and she layed her head on my chest.

"I'm sorry G." She said looking me staight in the eyes and i felt my throat tighten, I had almost lost her, because of my job. No more than that, she reall didn't know anything about me. I didn't tell her I was from Romania, or Hetty beeing my mother's handler, or the fact Hetty was supposed to be there the day my mother was killed. I kissed her and let the tears start to fall.

"No, I'm sorry." I said with my eyes closed and forehead pressed against hers. "So much of me is a secret, and somethings I can't tell you, but others just ask and you shall recieve." She smiled and held her head up so she could look me in the face.

"Why did you love me, you didn't even know me." I laughed at this cause even I didn't really know the answer. I put an arms arounf her and she tucked her head under my chin.

"I honestly don't know, We didn't know where you were, you were so young and pretty, Kensi read about Mason and i just went into overboard mode. Then when we found you I instantly liked you, but as for loving you well that came later, though in the begining I told myself it was love, but a different kind." She laughed.

"Wow that is so much more complicated then my version." I looke down at her and raise an eyeborw, she propped herself up wih her elbow that wasn't in a cast.

"Enlighten me." I said kissing her, she laughed again.

"I just thought you were hot." Wow that really was less complex then my explanation

"Yeah that helps." She yawned and i gave a small smile. "tired?" she shook her head no and my grin got bigger. "liar." She elbowed me in the ribs.

"okay maybe a little bit." she said after five minutes of silence.

"Go to sleep Averi, I'll be here when you wake up." Her breathing slowed down and I knew she was asleep, ig only sleep would take over me.
accept people for who they are and even more so for who they're not

Random avatar

Reviews: 12
Thu Oct 20, 2011 12:43 am
callenlover says...

please review! oh and I have to publish my fall writing piece on here sometime next week for a grade and it needs revies so keep watch, review please, please
accept people for who they are and even more so for who they're not

"Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon."
— Paul Brandt