z

Young Writers Society

A howler from Mars

152 Reviews

Reviews: 152
Sun Sep 11, 2011 8:24 pm
Mikko says...

Spoiler! :
If you haven't wathced AVPM then you won't really get this because it's a Fan-fic based on that.
This is not very serious, the idea just came to me and I wanted to see what it would turn out like. I hope you enjoy it though!

A howler from Mars

‘The Red Planet’ they call it, no wonder! This place is covered by that dreadful Gryffindor colour! Argh! But at least I’m away from that school now and going to the best magic institution in the galaxy; they’ll see- I’ll be the greatest wizard on Earth! I’ll be the one who is totally awesome!

Pigfarts is- not a castle like Hogwarts- but a gigantic hovering space ship that looks as huge as Ireland! It’s fitted with an oxygen-producing air conditioning system that works all day, everyday and protects us from the external atmosphere and cold temperatures.

Well apart from the atmosphere and the wretched red rocks all over the place, this place is fit for a human. Strangely, yet pleasingly, they all speak English at school, and when I asked around how this could be I was told that Mars was the new destination for Earth wizards who wanted to migrate before magic was accidentally revealed to muggles. I just hope stupid Potter will not end up here. I won’t stand that!

They also have four houses here: Unihorn, Grizzlegrunt, Centaursabot and Slinkingsphinx. To know which house you belong to, you have to look into the headmaster’s Sink of Selection and it squirts out the name of the house in your face. When it was almost my turn I nudged the guy sitting next to me.

“As long as I’m not in Hufflepuff, I’m alright, eh?”
He looked puzzled.

“What on Mars is ‘Hufflepuff’?”

“Exactly!” And I exploded of laughter, but then noticed that he was serious. “Really?”

“Yeah, what’s Hufflepuff?”

“But I thought you went to Hogwarts?”

“What the- No, I’m a Martian.” I have to tell you that that was one heck of a shock! This dude looked more like a human than any of the Weasleys did!

“Oh, well it’s-”

“Malfoy, Draco.” Rumbleroar... well roared through the Immense Lobby. It was my turn to be placed into one of the houses. I quite liked the sound of ‘Slinkingsphinx’ so I hoped it would be like Slitherin; by the looks on the Slinkingsphinxes faces, I was pretty sure we would get along.

I walked proudly and smugly across the Lobby and walked up the steps to the Sink of Selection. The Sink didn’t have a long speech for me and just spurted what I had been anticipating: Slinkingsphinx. I was actually disgusted by the water on my face because it had reached my beautifully combed blond hair and destroyed a good fifteen minutes’ work. However, I am now an official Slinkingsphinx and a Pigfarts student and the best bit is that Potter is not.

Will I miss Hogwarts? Pff, of course not! That place was such a dump and a waste of time. It doesn’t even deserve to be called a school! I mean, what do they actually teach, if not DAtDA? That’s the only subject they spend so much time and attention on. Really, who cares if dementors attack you? All they’ll do is suck up your spirit- it’s not like you die or anything, you just end up looking… dull and stupid like Longbottom.

Instead they should concentrate on Potions because I know a lot of girls who are making potions to fix themselves up but have failed disastrously. Like Granger. I’m sure she’s tried it, at least once.

If she has tried it, I think she also failed because you can’t get any more beautiful and perfect than her.
Draco wake up! Get her out of your head. And anyway, I'm the only beautiful and perfect one.
Ugh, when I think that that Weasley has his hands all ove-

Ahem.

So, yeah. My intergalactic school. Things are going swimmingly though there is a very awkwardly happy and cheerful teacher here. He creeps me out. I am definitely going to dig deeper into what he’s hiding.
I love you two very much and please tell Goyle’s parents to tell Goyle that I miss him and that he should sooo come to Pigfarts too! Don’t tell Crabbe’s parents to tell Crabbe though, I can live without him.
Lots of love,
Draco.

P.S: Tell the Dark Lord I said thanks for the rocket-ship.
P.P.S: Pass this message to Potter: “In your lightning-scarred face!”
P.P.P.S: Sorry about the howler. Here on Mars they do things differently, just imagine I was speaking in a normal tone. I love you lots.
Last edited by Mikko on Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
when she needs to shelter from reality she takes a dip in my daydreams

47 Reviews

Reviews: 47
Tue Sep 13, 2011 10:35 pm
View Likes
Skorpionne says...

Oh, yes. Yes yes yes yes yes.

*Applauds*
I've learned so much from people who never existed - Unknown

102 Reviews

Reviews: 102
Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:51 pm
View Likes
Sionarama says...

OH MY HUFFLEPUFF. THANK YOU SO MUCH.
"You may not be educated well in the areas of etiquette and the like as a princess, but you do throw some bashing good parties!"
Not all princesses are pink sparkles.
Exhibit A

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Sat Sep 17, 2011 10:50 pm
View Likes
Irene says...

*bows down*

That's it, I officially acknowledge you as pure epicness! Welcome to the club :DD

Loved the idea, made me laugh, i'm sure there were grammar mistakes in there somewhere (but to be honest I suck at grammar so bad that if i tried to help you on that front you'd just be screwed six ways to Sunday). Also it followed A very Potter Musical very well. So anyways, congrats on thinking this up before me XD
I Am The Daughter Of The Ancient Mother
)O(

"Remember the quiet wonders: the world has more need of them than it has for warriors," - Charles de Lint

Neutiquam erro

Random avatar

Reviews: 131
Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:13 pm
View Likes
DukeofWonderland says...

hehehehahaha- I think my livers hurting, can't possibly be- no that's my kidney hurting. So yes you can see it was epicly hillarious and that's not very common in YWS or I've simply bee living on Mars. So this is a story of Draco living on Mars going to Pigfarts School of What- Martian craft and Wizardry. Nehu, ur grammar is good, so is the flow. Also I like the usage of simple English- helps to keep u attached and laughing. The part I first laughed my head off at was-
To know which house you belong to, you have to look into the headmaster’s Sink of Selection and it squirts out the name of the house in your face.[i[/i]
So keep up the good work:D
"The duke had a mind that ticked like a clock and, like a clock, it
regularly went cuckoo."
-- Terry Pratchett, "Wyrd Sisters"

54 Reviews

Reviews: 54
Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:56 pm
View Likes
apple96 says...

Hi

I officially love this. Especially,

'What on Mars is 'Hufflepuff'?"

Anyway, I liked how you included Draco's love for Hermione and hatred for pretty much everyone else. You captured his personality perfectly and well *hangs head in shame* when I was reading it I was imagining it in Lauren Lopez's voice.

I also loved the line where he is talking about Rumbleroar and how he well roared.

- apple96
'Are you saying Ni to that old woman?'
'Yes'
'Oh, what sad times are these when passing ruffians can say Ni at will to old ladies. There is a pestilence upon this land, nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history'

1487 Reviews

Reviews: 1487
Wed Oct 05, 2011 5:16 pm
View Likes
IcyFlame says...

But...but... Hufflepuffs are extremely good finders!
This was super-mega-foxy-awesome-hot! I can totally imagine Lauren Lopez/Malfoy saying this in that weird little posh accent whilst rolling all over the stage.
Also:
Mikko wrote:P.P.S: Pass this message to Potter: “In your lightning-scarred face!”

Just as a thought, maybe you could have started it off with 'dear daddy' in the manner draco writes to Lucius?
Great work!

54 Reviews

Reviews: 54
Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:29 am
View Likes
WhiteTiger93 says...

I-I-I can't speak.

Too much SEXY-MEGA-FOXY-AWESOME-HOT!!!!
I officially love you.
Marry me? xDD
Hermione, shut your ungodly, lopsided mouth and quit interrupting! 20 points from Gryffindor. You know, for the brightest witch of your age you can sure be a dumba** sometimes. *smiles* 10 points to Dumbledore!

~A Very Potter Musical - Dumbledore

74 Reviews

Reviews: 74
Sun Dec 04, 2011 11:14 am
View Likes
LemonyIce says...

Mikster! Hey!

This was amazing! I especially enjoyed the part where he was talking about Hermione and how much he loved *ahem* hated her. XD It was a really good fanfic! You are going to write more aren't you? Please do! Oh, and this part was epic!

"What on Mars is Hufflepuff?"

XD XD XD XD It followed AVPM very well! Though, I would've liked to know who he was sending the letter to. Also, it didn't seem a lot like a letter, more like a diary entry. Anyway, I absolutely loved it! And I totally wasn't reading this in Lauren Lopez's voice. XD

~HPR~
I'd rather waltz than just walk through the forest.
The trees keep the tempo and they sway in time.
Quartet of crickets chime in for the chorus.
If I were to pluck on your heart strings would you strum on mine?

~Plant Life, Owl City

I like to create sympathy for my characters, then set the monsters loose.
— Stephen King