z

Young Writers Society

Harvest Moon-Groceries

25 Reviews

Reviews: 25
Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:54 pm
purplepen says...

This is based off the Harvest Moon More Friends of Mineral Town game for gameboy advanced.

Disclaimer: I do not own Harvest Moon.

Groceries

Claire struggled to carry the two large grocery bags as she walked from the super market towards her farm. She didn’t go to the super market much because it was such a hassle, but when she woke up this morning with absolutely no food in her refrigerator, she was forced to drag herself to town to get the necessities. As Claire struggled to walk forward, she felt herself collide with something. The next thing she knew, she was on the ground along with all her groceries. Claire looked up to see Gray, the blacksmith’s apprentice, staring down at her.

“Sorry,” she mumbled. “I couldn’t see where I was going.” She hastily started cleaning up the mess. She didn’t know Gray very well, but she knew he had a short temper, and she had no desire to set him off.

“It’s alright. Here let me help you.”

Claire looked up in surprise. She hadn’t expected him to say that. She had expected him to snap at her or something. She wasn’t exactly sure what she should say. “Uh-okay”

Gray bent down and started gathering the various groceries and putting them back into the bags. At the same time, Claire and Gray both reached for a loaf of bread, causing their fingers to brush against each other. Claire quickly withdrew her hand, blushing furiously. Gray lowered his hat a little and put the bread away.

“Here, I’ll help you carry these home.”

If Claire was surprised before, she was absolutely shocked now. Since when was Gray so nice? Had he always been like this? Before Claire had a chance to say anything, Gray started walking off in the direction of her farm. When they reached her house, Claire walked in and set the bag she was carrying on the table. She turned to see Gray standing in the doorway, still holding one of the grocery bags.

“You can come in you know.” She said slowly.

“Oh. Right” Gray walked in and set the bag next to the other one on the table.

“Thanks for your help Gray. You really didn’t have to.”

“You’re welcome.” Gray mumbled as he pulled his hat down past his eyes and stared at his feet. The pair stood there silently for a few awkward moments before Gray muttered a little ‘bye’ and rushed out of the house. Claire felt a small smile tug at her lips as she starred at Gray’s retreating form.

`````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
A few weeks later, Claire and Gray were on their third date. They were taking a walk to Goddess Pond to spend a little down time together. They had started going out not long after the grocery bag incident.

“Hey, Gray?”

“Yeah Claire? What is it?”

“Why do you always wear that hat?”

Gray blinked, surprised at the random question. “Well, I don’t know. I guess I just like it.”

“I wish you’d take it off.”

“What? Why?”

“It’s just that you always pull it down so low that I can’t see your face. Not to mention I've never seen your hair.”

“Well, maybe one day you’ll see me without my hat, but that day won’t be coming any time soon.”

Claire narrowed her eyes. “That day came sooner than you thought” she said as she snatched the hat away from him, revealing a head full of red hair. Before he could protest, Claire kissed him. She slowly moved her hand up towards his head, and ran her fingers through his suprisingly soft hair.

A low wolf whistle interrupted the couple’s moment of bliss. Claire and Gray quickly broke apart, and turned to see Kai holding Popurie’s hand, smirking at the two of them.

“Nice going man!”

Gray and Claire both blushed furiously, while Popurie giggled.

“Don’t worry Claire,” Popurie said reassuringly. “We won’t tell anyone.”

Kai laughed one more time as Popurie dragged him away to give Claire and Gray some ‘alone time’. Gray attempted to pull his hat down to cover his eyes, but realized Claire still had it.

“Give me my hat Claire.”

Claire smirked evilly and took off running. “Come and get it Ginger!”

Gray grabbed Claire around the waist and took the hat from her. He kissed her once more before walking her home and heading back to work. Closing the door quietly, Claire leaned up against the door and smiled to herself. ‘To think this all started with a couple of groceries.’
Last edited by purplepen on Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:12 am, edited 4 times in total.
As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.
~Joshua 24:15

@(^_^)@<--- This is review monkey. He says hi!

565 Reviews

Reviews: 565
Sat Jan 15, 2011 6:24 pm
Stori says...

Hey, I see you've written another piece. I found only one mistake.

starred at his feet.

This ought to be "stared".

50 Reviews

Reviews: 50
Sun Jan 16, 2011 3:56 pm
armstronge says...

Okay, there are some mistakes.
purplepen wrote:
Claire struggled to carry the two large grocery bags as she walked from the super market towards her farm. She didn’t go to the super market much because it was such a hassle, but when she woke up this morning with absolutely no food in her refrigerator, she was forced to drag herself to town to get the necessities. As Claire struggled to walk forward, she felt herself collide with something. The next thing she new, she was on the ground along with all her groceries. Clair looked up to see Gray, the blacksmith’s apprentice, staring down at her. The word "new" should be "knew" and "Clair" should be "Claire"

Claire looked up in surprise. She hadn’t expected him to say that. She had expected him to snap at her or something. She wasn’t exactly sure on what to say. “Uh-okay” You might want to change "She wasn't exactly sure on what to say" to something like "She wasn't exactly sure what she should say"

[/i]

I know it's a short story, but you might want to describe Gray. All I know is that he has red hair and a hat. So you might want to throw in some description of him. Same goes with Claire.

Other than those mistakes, it's a great story! Keep writing, and you'll get better! :D
“To the world you might be one person, but to one person you might be the world”

“A friend is someone who understands your past, believes in your future, and accepts you just the way you are.”

“Truly great friends are hard to find, difficult to leave, and impossible to forget.”

Some books should be tasted, some devoured, but only a few should be chewed and digested thoroughly.
— Francis Bacon