z

Young Writers Society

I'll lead: Part one

Reviews: 4
Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:34 am
xXShadowPeopleXx says...

Dear Reader:
This Fanfic/short story is based off the books “Jedi Apprentice” by Jude Watson http://www.fantasticfiction.co.uk/w/jude-watson/
This story is of Qui-Gon’s first apprentice Xanatos, and about how Qui-Gon raised him as his apprentice before Xanatos betrayed him and joined the dark side…

-----------------------------------------------------
Xanatos, a young Jedi of fourteen, stood alone on the Jedi’s landing platform. The morning sun had not yet risen on the planet Coruscant and here he stood blindfolded, no weapon in hand. The only other being around was an older pilot working on his ship on the far side and a few mechanical droids.
Just as silents fell about the platform a probe droid shot out of the shadows, sending a line of lasers at Xanatos!
In one quick movement Xanatos had his light saber in hand, blocked the lasers sending them right back at the droid.
The probe exploded, just as three more shot out at him. But Xanatos was ready for them, first blocking the seconds lasers sending them straight back, then turning quickly he cut the third in half. The fourth came up quickly from behind causing Xanatos to drop to the floor in order to dodge its lasers. Rolling to his right he quickly jumped back up, violently cutting the probe down as it came back.
The sound of the last probe smashing to the ground echoed across the platform, leaving a cold silents.
The pilot hadn’t stopped his work for he was use to having Jedi’s doing strange things around the platform. The mechanical droids continued their work undisturbed by all that happened.
Xanatos removed his blindfold to look upon his work. Opening his eyes he noticed for the first time that someone else hand entered the platform. His master, Qui-Gon Jinn, stood on the opposite side from him with a look of disappointment.
Xanatos became angry, not at his master but at himself for not being able to sense that someone else had approached the platform.
Sensing Xanatos’s anger, Qui-Gon calmly said, “You shouldn’t be mad at yourself for not being able to detect my approach.” He began to walk toward Xanatos, “But more so, at your own behavior. You fought with your anger, and lashed out with violents. That is why you did not sense me; your mind was clouded blocking the living force from you.”
Xanatos let out a sigh and began to quickly throw what was left of the probe droids in to a dumpster. But not quick enough, Qui-Gon picked one of the probes before Xanatos reached it.
Examining it Qui-Gon noticed something, “These Aren’t training probes, they’re the real thing!”
Xanatos smiled, “Good, now can you tell me where they were purchased?” he laughed.
“The Black Market, I’d imagine.” Qui-Gon replied giving him a serious look. “You’re suppose to only use training probes, if you missed so much as one you could have die, Xanatos!” he scolded him.
Xanatos just smiled, “However, I did not miss one and I’m not dead.” taking the probe from Qui-Gon he tossed it as well into the dumpster. “There, no harm done.” He walked past his mater going inside to clean up.
Disappointed in his apprentice's behavior, Qui-Gon began to rethink of taking him on the new mission Yoda had assigned them to...
-----------------------------------------------------

If you have a dream, you have a duty to make it come true.
— Marco Pierre White