z

Young Writers Society

Water and skin

Reviews: 4
Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:47 pm
isabellarivas43 says...

Never mind...
Last edited by isabellarivas43 on Tue Jul 13, 2010 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

126 Reviews

Reviews: 126
Sun Apr 11, 2010 11:47 am
PenNPaper says...

Hi, PenNPaper here to review!

until tomorrow morning. but her stickiness

Always a capital letter after a full stop. Remember that.

her stickiness and better will stopped her from doing that.

Firstly, what does 'her stickiness and better' mean? Secondly, your tense, 'stopped' is supposed to be 'stop'.

She knew that only would get her into trouble

I had to read this sentence a few times to understand it. You should rephrase it to 'She knew that would only get her into trouble'.

She could hear her little brothers whine on how he wanted this and that

There are two ways you can change this. One is to change 'brothers' into 'brother'(singular). Another way is to change 'he' to 'they'

closing happily her World History book

This sentence doesn't sound right. You should rephrase it to be 'happily closed her World History Book'.

Great back to reality

There would be a huge difference and the sentence would also make sense if you added a comma after 'Great'.

Your story was okay, it doesn't really interest me that much though. You are sort of taking the reader through an ordinary life of B. The only thing was that you had a lot of descriptions. You should probably edit this to make it look neater and nicer. Also the first paragraph was huge, breaking it down into smaller paragraphs would make it easier to read.

Good luck and keep writing, bye!
Writing is all about imagination~

93 Reviews

Reviews: 93
Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:54 pm
MagnusBane says...

Well, it's not a bad story, but I'm a little confused about where it's going. It's just about a girl taking a shower, and then she gets out and goes to write. Beginnings are supposed to be exciting! They're supposed to suck the reader into the story! This just isn't interesting enough to make me want to read on. You should cut this scene and fast forward to where the action starts.

B is also an awkward name. It kind of snagged my eye each time, which disrupted the flow of the story. Maybe go for a more common name, or at least one that most people would have heard before?

Other than that, though, it's not bad. It could be much better, though, with a little work. :)
“Don't tell me the moon is shining; show me the glint of light on broken glass.” Anton Chekhov

158 Reviews

Reviews: 158
Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:01 pm
midnightread says...

Hi isabellarivas43
I don't really understand this post and I don't get what it is a fanfiction of.
I saw some mistakes so I would advise re-reading it as then you can make it better by yourself.
midnightread :elephant:
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
A wise man does not need advice and a fool won't take it.

Growing old is mandatory,
Growing up is optional.

Rugby is a thugs game played by gentle men,
Football is a gentleman's game played by thugs.

I'd be a quote vigilante. A literary Batman. Someone had better be quoting me now!
— Feltrix