z

Young Writers Society

Twilight *Contains excessive nagging and puke worthyness*

216 Reviews

Reviews: 216
Sun Feb 28, 2010 5:02 am
asxz says...

I have read the scene a few times andi believe this to be a real, true to heart representation of what Edward and Bella were supposed to do during the cafe scene in Port Angeles. If you do not agree, then go and read some more bad literature. Enjoy!

“A table for two?” Edward said in a voice that was very alluring and seductive. The hostess flashed her eyelids in an attempt for him to notice her. He was looking at me, and I gripped his arm tighter. Just because Edward was unconditionally perfect and constantly dazzling doesn’t mean any random is allowed to fall in love with him.
She led us to a table, but Edward wouldn’t allow me to sit. “No…” He said, his voice even more attractive than it was a minute ago. “I was hoping for something more… private.”
“Sure.” She looked almost as surprised as I did, like she couldn’t believe two teenagers would want to be alone together. She shot me a look that was laced with a lethal poison. I looked back at Edward, keen not only to avoid her gaze of malicious, spiteful, venomous toxin, but to bask in his chiselled jaw and perfect features.
Needless to say, Edward’s dazzling power made her show us to a private table in the back immediately. “Your server will be right out.” She gave Edward another fleeting look, desperate for some eye contact, maybe to convince her that he was real, and this god was truly walking among us.
He wouldn’t look, though, because he was enveloped in gazing at my face. I didn’t want to hide my face in shame, though. Because even though I’ve never had a boyfriend before, I am absolutely flawless. If only Edward would stop staring at me, so I could look upon his stone-beautiful face once more without feeling awkward.
“You shouldn’t dazzle people,” I said after a minute’s silence. “It’s rude, you know. I believe that I should be the only person allowed to look at you.”
“Do I...? Do I dazzle you?” He asked incredulously.
“Frequently,” I spluttered out, even though my throat was dry. I couldn’t seem to get any short, perfectly fine words out.
“Oh, really?” He twisted his face to show some emotion, something of which I had not thought possible. His face was so like stone, I thought that only his pompous lips and feathery eyelashes would move. “I didn’t notice you staring at me like I was a god, over all the times that we’ve met.” And of course, I believed him, silently congratulating myself at how sneaky I had been, while being totally obvious at the same time.
“Forgiven.” Anything he did would be forgiven. With a face as stone like as that and as chiselled as that, what could he possibly do to hurt anyone?
The waiter came and he ordered ten drinks for me, mushroom ravioli and some breadsticks. She came back a second later, juggling them all on her hand, placing them on the table while some of the other guests, who had been here longer, cried out in hunger.
“Do you feel sick or anything?” he asked me once the waiter had disappeared.
“No, why should I?” I asked dubiously.
“Because anyone normal, which you obviously aren’t because you’re so stunningly perfect in every way, would be in shock right now from seeing something as amazing as my face,” he summed up.
“I don’t think that will happen,” I said after I could breathe again. I had been so lost in his crooked smile that I forgot to do something that my body does naturally. Wow… Edward was really dangerous for me! “I’ve always been good at repressing unpleasant things.”
“Drink,” He ordered in a sweet and charming tone. It was a serious order – he feared that I would dehydrate as much as I feared I would stop breathing again – but yet it became the most important thing in the world to me. How could I refuse a stone-cold face like that?
Even though I had insisted I was not the tiniest part thirsty a few seconds ago, I sucked down the ten glasses without stopping. He watched me like I was the most fascinating thing in the world.
I shivered, and he immediately said, “Are you cold?” and before waiting for my answer he took off his jacket and passed it over the table for me. I shivered even more ferociously and it soon became inadvertent that he was trying to freeze me to death. It was like his jacket had just been lying on an ice cap for a few hours, but I didn’t mind.
I sniffed at it, smelling in the twenty different colognes that he had used. It smelled delicious. I coughed but he didn’t seem to notice I was choking on his scent. I didn’t, either, because it was such a pleasant, finicky, and fastidious aroma to waft through my nostrils, brushing the hairs with their perfectness.
“You smell delicious!” I commented, choking again on his overpowering smell.
“This is going to be harder than I thought.” He ignored me, but that only made him more attractive to me.
“You’re in a better mood when your eyes are a shimmering gold,” I said. “Usually.”
“What?” he doubled back. “You noticed that!”
“Of course. How couldn’t I, getting lost in them so frequently that I know them off by heart?” I spluttered, my dry throat once again rendering me unable to say anything less than over the top.
“You have some questions to ask me?” He said, completely out of the blue, but knowing that the author can’t stand anything so pathetic.
“Yeah… how did you know where I was tonight?”
“I took it upon myself to protect you from the moment I saw you, because I knew that you’re a complete idiot and you can’t save yourself, while always complaining in narrative that everyone depends on you.”
“Really?” I said, thinking of how he was taking a special interest in me. “You’ve been stalking me? Thank you so much! I’ve always wanted to have some 118 year old guy watch me while I sleep… I presume you’ve gone the full way, and have been following me everywhere?” I was reeling at the thought. Could this date have revealed anything more perfect?
“Naturally. All this time, while I’ve been warning you to stay away from me, I’ve taken it upon myself not to let you out of my sight. Oh, and I can read minds, too. Just so you know… for, uh, future reference.
“You’ve been watching me sleep?” I sighed.
“Oh, and you should know that I’m a vampire, and If we ever kiss I’ll rip you to shreds like a chid tearing up napkins,” he said, drawing closer. “I was going to murder those guys back there, but then I thought I shouldn’t so I overpowered my uber-powerful animal instincts just so I could be with you. You honestly don’t know how hard that was for me. I had to remember how to count to ten!”
“Aww! That’s so sweet!” I said.
“Are you ready to go now?” He asked me completely out of the blue.
“Yeah, sure. I need to get back to Charlie, because you know how reliant he is on me. I can’t believe he’s managed to live by himself for 14 years without having someone microwave meals for him! And I should E-mail my mother, who’s imaginably clingy for a mother of a teen. I should probably tell her to get a life, but she’s been terminally ill ever since I’ve been able to look after her. Again, before me, it seems a miracle she could manage!”
They leave and Edward ends up ripping her to shreds in the car BECAUSE HE CAN! I mean, he’s an animal. If you were able to, why wouldn’t you tear Bella’s vocal chords out?
::XoX::KeepWriting::XoX::

GENERATION 29: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Writing is 3% talent and 97% not being distracted by the internet

196 Reviews

Reviews: 196
Sun Feb 28, 2010 6:36 am
View Likes
peanutgallery007 says...

AHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Omg. You're my new hero.

XD That was freaking amazing. And you made a lot of good points there; like the whole part about how Edward warns her constantly to stay away, yet he follows her around like a dog with his tongue hanging out... but anyway, the only things I have to say are minor, just typos and whatnot.

“Naturally. All this time, while I’ve been warning you to stay away from me, I’ve taken it upon myself not to let you out of my sight. Oh, and I can read minds, too. Just so you know… for, uh, future reference.

:arrow: You never put the end quotation mark; like I said, typo.

“Oh, and you should know that I’m a vampire, and If we ever kiss I’ll rip you to shreds like a chid tearing up napkins,” he said

:arrow: XD "Chid" is obviously meant to be "child".

That's all I have to say grammar-wise. I did notice one thing though; you got a little hasty towards the end. More obvious. Even though it's a comedy-type fanfic, you can still keep it like a story. XD And no matter how much I loved those last sentences, they were the ones that were the most rushed. Well, rushed-sounding.

But yes. I loved this. XD You speak the truth!

Spoiler! :
By the way, I love your taste in humor ;)

~Peanut
Have a peanut =)

Try your hand at my poetry contest!

Proud LGBT supporter.

93 Reviews

Reviews: 93
Sun Feb 28, 2010 6:49 am
Auteur says...

Ahahaahahahahahahaha, this is an awesome remake. I'd buy this in a shop! Hahaha, it's brilliant. Lol, good work.
Most people see what is and never what can be. - Albert Einstein

661 Reviews

Reviews: 661
Tue May 04, 2010 7:15 pm
Jasmine Hart says...

Hi Asxz,

This was really funny. I really enjoyed it! The dialogue was brilliant and I especially loved;
"while some of the other guests, who had been here longer, cried out in hunger."
and
"Because anyone normal...my face."
and
"I took it upon myself...depends on you."
I love how you portray the characters.

There are just some tiny little things I'd look at. I'd change "flashed her eyelids" to "batted/fluttered her eyelashes" or something along those lines. I'd also change "enveloped in" to "absorbed in". I think "juggling them all on her hand" is a bit awkward. Maybe try something like "trying to balance the laden-down tray on her arm". I'd also cut "finicky" as it doesn't make much sense here.

Hope this helps.

Jas
"Just like moons and like suns,
With the certainty of tides,
Just like hopes springing high,
Still I'll rise."
-Maya Angelou

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Wed May 05, 2010 5:05 pm
TalaPaulwic says...

Hello, I'm Tala, I hope you find my review helpful.

Your sentence structure is lacking, and repeats itself quite a bit. I know this is how the original literature is, however it doesn't mean you can't do your best to make a good piece of writing.

I loved how dramatic it was and this made me giggle.

A few words in the piece make me stop, they seem out of place, and it takes me a minute to understand the sentence. There are several, and I don't see the point in listing every one of the flaws like some of the reviewers here on YWS, I think that's just uncalled for.

Did I mention I loved how dramatic that was? I love the dramatic parody of this, it's really the only way to parody this, and so, you did that quite well.
All I can hear; "I me mine, I me mine, I me mine". Even those tears; "I me mine, I me mine, I me mine". No one's frightened of playing it. Everyone's saying it. Flowing more freely than wine. All through your life; "I me mine".

216 Reviews

Reviews: 216
Wed May 05, 2010 7:31 pm
View Likes
asxz says...

Thanks for all of the comments, YWS-ers! I'm not sure if I can be brave enough to go back and read something that close to twilight, to edit, but I will certainly take that into consideration when I'm writing other things. Thanks again.
::XoX::KeepWriting::XoX::

GENERATION 29: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Writing is 3% talent and 97% not being distracted by the internet

1087 Reviews

Reviews: 1087
Fri May 07, 2010 10:20 pm
Sins says...

I've got to say, this was great!
This isn't really a proper review, by the way... sorry. :xd:

I myself don't actually mind the Twilight books. They're not amazing, but they're not painfully terrible either. Even though I'm not one of the vicious anti-Twilight people, I found this very amusing indeed!

My only nit-pick about this is some of the words you use. A lot of them don't seem to feel write in the places that you've put them. I think that someone else might have mentioned this, actually. I think that you should just read over your work and think about what doesn't really sound right. Remember; if it doesn't sound right, it probably isn't right. :wink:

Yeah... sorry this hasn't been a proper review. I just read this and it made me laugh, so I thought that I'd comment. Keep up the good work, dude!

xoxo Skins
I didn't know what to put here so I put this.

446 Reviews

Reviews: 446
Mon May 10, 2010 10:49 am
Yuriiko says...

Hello there!

This is so funny 'cause you really made me laugh esp. on the last part. :mrgreen:
I love how you portray the two MCs here because you seemed to make Bella talkative and quite funny while Edward to be bragging about his physical features or something. :lol:

keep up the good work!

Peace out!
"Life is a poem keep it in the present tense." -Sherrel Wigal

76 Reviews

Reviews: 76
Sat Jun 19, 2010 6:18 am
KitxKat says...

YOU ARE MY NEW HERO!!!

That had me ROFLMAO-ing and LOLcanoing and ROLFcoptering
Thats how funny it was. I had to go with the text-abbrevations, Sorry about that.
That really cheered me up. Just one hing you forgot. THat would be an over use of the words 'murmur' and 'glower'
WONDERFUL job though!!
When life hands you a BAD ROMANCE, pick up your TELEPHONE, call ALEJANDRO and JUST DANCE!

16 Reviews

Reviews: 16
Fri Jun 25, 2010 2:53 am
LiveScreamWriting says...

You, my friend, just made my day. I've read all of the Twilight series, and each one makes me have several gigglefits. It's just so... vampire cheesy.
I loved your story! It had me cracking up the whole way.
Others have corrected the typos and such, so I'll just leave it at it was perfect and I'd love to read more.

:D Ellie
:elephant:
But also because I realized, that this nightmare would never end.
“Never,” I heard thousands of demons whispers echo in the darkness.
Never, I repeated in my mind.
Never.

- Ellie Chavez

22 Reviews

Reviews: 22
Fri Jun 25, 2010 6:53 pm
penguinduan1 says...

I haven't read Twilight due to constant comments from my friends. They say it's gross and pointless... But uh, LOVE THE ENDING! Goodbye, Bella!
ALL HAIL ATHENA!

"If you are mad at someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes." -Anonymous (I forgot)

6 Reviews

Reviews: 6
Sat Jun 26, 2010 7:06 pm
ShelraofWaral says...

I never bothered myself to read Twilight. Even though the plot is quite modern, but still I never liked Twilight. But, your remake is really funny! And I will defiantely love it. xD
"The main thing is to keep the main thing the main thing. ~~
Steven Covey "

"For me, writing is a world where I am desperately trying to find my voice"

8 Reviews

Reviews: 8
Mon Jun 28, 2010 6:00 pm
Onyxsky7 says...

Wow, hahahaha, this completely made my day.
The waiter came and he ordered ten drinks for me, mushroom ravioli and some breadsticks. She came back a second later, juggling them all on her hand, placing them on the table while some of the other guests, who had been here longer, cried out in hunger.

This was freaking hilarious especially the bit about the other guests crying out in hunger, but I just thought I'd point out the "waiter" bit, you probably meant waitress there.
“I took it upon myself to protect you from the moment I saw you, because I knew that you’re a complete idiot and you can’t save yourself, while always complaining in narrative that everyone depends on you.”

This was simply brilliant(hilarious), that's all I really have to say.
I definitely think you should keep writing these, I'd read them all

25 Reviews

Reviews: 25
Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:58 pm
darkfictionboys says...

ton of reviews!!! please review me since i reviewed you. Ive read all the twilight books, so to read this blew my mind!! i loved it, it made me laugh so much!!!! i mean, really, just an awesome piece of work, especially since a lot of people have gone vamp crazy (including me...sorry, but what can i say?), so this really, was just..... LOLFI {.laugh .out .loud .for .infinity.... I'm a dork.heh heh} XD
giving up does not always mean your weak, sometimes it just means your strong enough to let go. freaks are people too. i love to hate, and i hate to love. i am me, i will never change. "thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably the reason why so few engage in it"-henry ford

62 Reviews

Reviews: 62
Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:27 am
View Likes
MOIMOW says...

Real quick, the only things I noticed were...
rip you to shreds like a chid tearing up napkins

I believe you meant child.
And I think you could put a period there after that.
I noticed you used "out of the blue" twice kinda close together. Your choice to change one of them, but if I noticed, someone else could too.
“You smell delicious!” I commented

I thought maybe you could play with the irony there. Bella says he smells delicious when it's his soul being tortured by her every movement that brings the smell of her to him! Oh, he could kill her at any moment, it's sooooooo hard to control himself!
And yes, I would totally rip Bella's vocal cords out if I had the chance.
Keep writing!
"Forget love. I'd rather fall in chocolate."

Just because you don't feel like a hero in your own story, doesn't mean you're not a hero in someone else's.
— Tenyo