z

Young Writers Society

That's So Edward

194 Reviews

Reviews: 194
Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:19 am
Sela Locke says...

Ridiculous parody-fanfic of Twi-obsessed fangirl. I wrote about a year ago, when I was still into hating Twilight and everything to do with it. I don't really need reviews, but I'd like to see what you guys think about this insane piece of whatever.

“Hey, Nikki, you wanna come see This is Just Another Disaster Movie Where Everyone Dies and Huge Things Fall Over On Top of Screaming Pedestrians, And I Think Aliens Invade with Jen and me? It like, just came out in theatres!”

“Oh, no, thanks. Like, I already made plans to go out with Edward tonight.”

“Nikki, your boyfriend’s name is Jason. How many times do I have to remind you—”

“No, not him! Edward, Edward Cullen, Maddy.”

“Oh, so you’re flying out to Forks to like, stalk an imaginary vampire?”

“Dammit, Maddy, he’s real! We saw him coming out of the supermarket like two days ago, and go across the street to that one hotel.”

“That wasn’t Edward Cullen, that was Rob—”

“Shut up, shut up, shut up! He was Edward Cullen, and he always fucking will be!”

One bus-ride and twenty minutes later…

“Ohmygawd, ohmygawd, ohmygawd! Here he comes! I should totally go talk to him. Ohmygawd, look at that car! It’s even better than a shiny Volvo!”

Watching ‘Edward Cullen’ walk towards his car from behind a pitifully small bush, Nikki argues with herself…

“If I go up to him now, he’ll be all mad that I kept him from going like, wherever he’s like, going to. Ohmygawd, he’s so hot! I’ll talk to him tomorrow.”

Nine days and nine ‘tomorrows’ later…

“Today I’m gonna talk to him, as soon as he comes out of those doors…ohmygawd, there he is! Ohymgawd, those gold door thingies so accent his topaz eyes, even though I can’t be sure because I’m too far away to see them. I wonder where he finds like, mountain lions around here…ohmygawd, he’s coming this way! Ohmy…”

“Listen, I’ve no idea why you’re hiding behind that bush, or why you have been the past nine days, but if it has anything to do with thinking I’m Edward Cullen, then—”

“Ohmygawd, you do have like, a sorta accent like they said. Like, how’d you know I was here?”

“That bush isn’t exactly—”

“Ohmygawd, stupid me! I like, totally forgot for a second that you’re like, a vamp! So like, are you doing anything tonight?”

He looks as if he might be suppressing a shudder.

“Not…yet. But I—listen, Miss-whoever-you-are. I’m not Ed—”

“Ohmygawd, d’you mean Eddie’s restaurant, down the street? Oh, ew, I don’t like that place either. How about that other place, by the supermarket?”

Long, phenomenally exasperated sigh.

“Um, sure. Now?”

“Yeah, like, why not?”

One car ride, five minutes of senseless chatter and an order of two cheeseburgers later…

“So, like, what d’you like, do in your spare time, Edward?”

Torn between terrifying and boring her to death, he finally replies, with a gusty sigh:

“Spare time? I don’t have any spare time! I hardly have any time at all! Alice is constantly reminding me to Turn Bella, and Bella won’t do anything but give me those freaky bedroom eyes. She’s crazy! She’s a whore! And don’t get me started on Carlisle; he never stops his droning about responsibilities and choices and—”

He pauses, looking very pointedly at the pretty waitress as she walks up with their dinner.

“Oh, thanks.”

Chomp-slurp, slurp-slurp-slurp.

“Heyyy. I thought—you’re a vampire, you can’t eat! At least, not so loudly.”

He ignores her, continues eating in the most determinedly messy way.

“Anyways. And then there’s Esme. You think she’s the best mother ever? Hah, every time I walk in the door after school, she just looks at me with those big gold eyes, like I did something horrible just by existing. I mean, what is that even about?

“Hey, Edward, if I could—”

“That’s not even the worst of it, either. Rosalie corners me, every chance she gets, and starts her own lecture about how if she’d had the choice, she would’ve been married and dead about a million years ago. Don’t ask me what that means, though, I never listen long enough to find out. And why do people have to think so much? I get a headache the moment I walk into school, and it doesn’t go away all day!”

“Yeah, well, like, if you’re done, I wanted to—”

“You wanted to ask about Jasper? Oh my God, what a baby! He can’t hardly go anywhere without going mental about some person walking past him. The kid’s got no self-control, and when Alice isn’t talking about Turning Bella, she’s telling everyone how much Jaspy has progressed since she found him in that crappy bar somewhere in Mexico, or something. And I swear, if I hear Emmett make one more joke about Bella and her stupid bedroom eyes, I will lose it!”

Nikki looks torn between repulsion and disappointment. A relative silence as she picks at her dinner and he practically inhales the remainder of his.

“And that’s just my family. Mike Newton? What a joke! As if he doesn’t see how absolutely obsessed Bella is with me! I could throw her out a five-storey window into a forest on fire and crawling with rabid mountain lions, laughing as she gets torn apart, and her last words would still be, ‘I love you, Edward!’ It’s sick!”

“Dude, like—”

“Jacob Black? You want to know about that…thing? Oh, if I could just get my hands around his stupid, good-for-nothing neck! He all but makes Bella cheat on me, and then I’m forced to tell her I don’t mind if she snogs other guys because if I said I did she’d probably go into another one of those self-induced comas. God, ever since that Swan girl came tripping and stumbling and breaking things into my life – existence, whatever – everything’s been a nightmare.”

He puts his head in his hands, and Nikki scoots back, eyes wide. She mouths the words, ‘What the hell?’

“Anyway, what was I saying? Oh yeah, Jacob Black. I’m trying to find a way to kill him and make it look like suicide, but with that stupid pack of dog’s telepathic thing, it’s harder than you might think. Since I’m always prepared, I keep a suicide note with his forged handwriting scribbled on it in my wallet, just in case an opportunity ever arises. Smart of me, isn’t it?”

Another pause, as if he actually expects a reply. She nods warily, still leaning as far back from the table as she possibly can.

“Sometimes I just think it’d be easier to skydive right into Volturra, you know? Sparkling like a disco ball and singing that idiotic song from that Muppets movie. Wait, I told you about Charlie, didn’t I?”

Nikki shakes her head, then suddenly it seems to occur to her that the less he says is all the better—she nods quickly. He seems not to notice the second movement.

“Agh, the man hasn’t shut up since the day I met him! He either admires me loads and wants me to marry his clumsy, retarded daughter, or he hates me with this overprotective passion and bans me from the house. It changes back and forth every month or so. I’ve gotten used to it, but to get him out the way is not the last thing on my agenda. Hey, are you gonna finish that burger?”

“Oh, no, I guess not. Y-you can have it.”

“Thanks.”

Mmmf-grnnch-sluurrrpp-mfffmmff.

“Ahm, what were we talking about?”

“Oh, nothing! Nothing, like, at all. You were just, like, saying how lonely it was in your hotel room at night.”

Silence.

“Was I? Well, can’t say I remember that. This food must be amnesia-inducing. Maybe I’ll sue them. We all know how much I need the money.”

He pounds his fist on the table, laughing near hysterically. She smiles weakly and averts her eyes, as if that will translate to anyone who notices the two of them that she doesn’t know him.

“Gee, it’s getting late. You should go before your parents start imagining all kinds of ways you could die violently while wandering around here. Here, we can split the bill.”

One mortified look, one obvious glance at the pretty waitress and two doors slamming later.

“So like, are you like, single right now?” She’s not sure she wants to know anymore.

“Depends. How much?”

He hits the steering wheel almost hard enough to break it into pieces, laughing pointlessly and noisily like a man inebriated. Her sigh goes unheard, and she looks tempted to escape the moving vehicle via any available exit.

“Sorry, it was too funny, I couldn’t resist.”

“’Course you couldn’t.” Sullen.

“No, I’m seriously sorry. It was stupid joke to make, whatever else. I’ll shut up now, if you want me to.”

No response, but she doesn’t appear to mind this arrangement.

“You can leave me here. I can catch the bus home.”

Relieved smile that he hopes she sees.

“Sweet.”

He looks out the window the next morning, searching every bush with very un-topazish eyes. Thank God for people who don’t look like Greek gods.

A smile, then.

“She won’t be back.”

“Hey, Nikki, we put off seeing This is Just Another Disaster Movie Where Everyone Dies and Huge Things Fall Over On Top of Screaming Pedestrians, And I Think Aliens Invade until you were available. Is tonight good?”

“Oh, gawd, Maddy, I’d love to, but I just saw Jasper go into Eddie’s. I’m going undercover!”

“Nikki, you do know that’s actually Jack—”

Click. Call ended.
Well, I can't eat muffins in an agitated manner. The butter would probably get on my cuffs. One should always eat muffins quite calmly. It is the only way to eat them.

--Algernon, The Importance of Being Earnest

27 Reviews

Reviews: 27
Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:30 am
Amnien says...

Hahaha I'm not really a fan of Twilight so this made me laugh my ass off! I love your movie title.

"This is Just Another Disaster Movie Where Everyone Dies and Huge Things Fall Over On Top of Screaming Pedestrians, And I Think Aliens Invade"

The question is what would the sequel be? "Once Again Another Popcorn Flick Where Everyone Leaves Satisfied Until They Think About The Plot And Realize That The Hero Could Never Survive That One Explosion? Haha Jk.

Thanks for making me laugh
Simply Crazed.

Once you see death up close, then you know what the value of life is. - SAW VI

83 Reviews

Reviews: 83
Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:51 am
Durriedog says...

Heeheeheehee nice xD

Thanks for the laugh!
{Insert witty and/or memorable movie quotes here} [Give credit so I don't die by lawyer]

{Follow up with mention of worth-while activity that betters the YWS community}

{Insert link to activity}

{Insert well-humoured internet bribery to entice viewers to join in the activity}

66 Reviews

Reviews: 66
Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:32 am
CelticaNoir says...

Haha, I loved it. :P This one takes a different direction from other Twilight spoofs I've seen so far, so well done. Poor, poor Rob. :P

Robyn.
I am the workingman, the inventor, the maker of the world's food and clothes.
I am the audience that witnesses history.
- Carl Sandburg, I am the People, the Mob

356 Reviews

Reviews: 356
Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:43 pm
*writewatiwant* says...

This was seriously funny. Awesome. =D I loved it! The deep dark secrets within the perfect vamp family, or whatever. xD
Piglet: How do you spell love?
Pooh: You don't spell it. You feel it.

The Buddy System Check us out!

38 Reviews

Reviews: 38
Fri Jan 22, 2010 2:58 am
JordanEmert says...

This was so funny.
I used to hate Twilight terribly.
Now, I just hate the fans.

Good Job, Keep Writing, haaha.
-jordan.(:
Well, yes mate. See, I’m dishonest. And a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly. It’s the honest ones you need to watch out for, because you never know when they’re going to do something incredibly..stupid.
Jack Sparrow<3

59 Reviews

Reviews: 59
Sun Jan 24, 2010 12:43 pm
TreeHugger12 says...

Aw, I was laughing so hard I thought it would bust my op stitches! Haha, It was the funniest (and probably most accurate) depiction of how R Patz would react. I loved it. I must say, I am sort of a Twi- hater but I agree with Jordan. Let's just hate the fans. :)
Repensum est canicula.

Veni, vidi, nates calce concidi!

203 Reviews

Reviews: 203
Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:06 am
ofir says...

It was.... a bit over the top but very funny indeed. I really really liked the part he rambles on, especially about Esme ["I mean, what is that about?"]I was laughing really hard :lol: I really liked the flow: it was cut up by calls and stuff, but it fit it well. All of the ramblings are awesome. Great text! It was a very fun read :D
ofir
"if you were waiting for the opportune moment... that was it." - Captain Jack Sparrow

109 Reviews

Reviews: 109
Sat Jan 30, 2010 8:35 pm
MysticalBlood says...

OMG so funny! This isn't even a review, it's just me saying fantastic!

Loved it! Ending is sooo funny.
'This isn't funny Dean, the voice says i'm almost out of minutes!' - Castiel
~ Nothing is true, everything is permitted... Live by the Creed... Be Discreet...

93 Reviews

Reviews: 93
Sat Jan 30, 2010 11:10 pm
MagnusBane says...

I really liked this! It was funny, and the voice of the main character was very distinct and very... fangirlish. :D I did notice a few things, though.

“Shut up, shut up, shut up! He was Edward Cullen, and he always fucking will be!”

Maybe it's just because I personally don't like the f word, but it seems out of place here.

I could throw her out a five-storey window into a

Found a tiny spelling mistake. "Story" doesn't have an e in it.

“Anyway, what was I saying? Oh yeah, Jacob Black. I’m trying to find a way to kill him and make it look like suicide, but with that stupid pack of dog’s telepathic thing, it’s harder than you might think. Since I’m always prepared, I keep a suicide note with his forged handwriting scribbled on it in my wallet, just in case an opportunity ever arises. Smart of me, isn’t it?”

I loved this part! :D

She smiles weakly and averts her eyes, as if that will translate to anyone who notices the two of them that she doesn’t know him.

The bolded part doesn't flow very well. Maybe try rewording it?

Other than those little mistakes, I thought it was great! It was definitely different from other Twilight fan fictions that I've read.
“Don't tell me the moon is shining; show me the glint of light on broken glass.” Anton Chekhov

522 Reviews

Reviews: 522
Sun Jan 31, 2010 12:41 am
canislupis says...

Wow, that was---slightly disturbing. Still, very funny. I cracked up.

Besides, it's not even that far fetched... Sigh.

Anyway, just one or two things:

Don't like this. It doesn't really fit the whole "twilight fangirl" persona.

He looks as if he might be suppressing a shudder.

Why exactly are all these bits in italics? The way it's written is almost like a script. This isn't necessarily a bad thing, I just found it kinda distracting.

Ok--I think that's it. I look forward to reading your other works.

See you around!

Lupis

Reviews: 2
Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:05 am
View Likes
Eigee says...

Oh my goodness, that was hilarious! I loved it. You got me chuckling to myself in a silenced room with my dad watching the tv... I looked like I was going crazy. Well worth it, though. I could picture it in my head completely, I can see poor Robert going over these awkward situations over and over. This would do a great sketch were Robert to be the SNL host for one night :D
Great job, keep writing! :)
You know what they say... life's tough, get a helmet :D

"Destiny is a funny thing."
-Uncle Iroh, from Avatar: the Last Airbender

22 Reviews

Reviews: 22
Thu Feb 11, 2010 5:31 pm
AliceRose says...

I must say, I thought it was pretty darn funny!

I could just imagine Robert Pattinson doing that to get a fan girl off his back. Sitting and snarfing down food like some sort of animal ranting about his own pathetic "life" while crazed fan girl watches, eyes wide 0.0

I also liked how the friends were like, "Wait, no, that's...."

And they never get a chance to finish.
We're all a bit mad...

78 Reviews

Reviews: 78
Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:24 pm
Theodorable says...

Wow... That is all I have to say at this point.

I do love Twilight, but I'm not obsessed with it. I have to say that this is one of the most funniest parody fanfics I have ever read about Twilight. I applaud you for that. I was laughing so hard, during that whole exchange. I wonder if that is how he actually has to react to some of his fans. And that girl! Typical fan girl, really good persona for her. You nailed it.

Anyway, thanks for writing this. It made my day.

Teddy
Driver picks the music, shotgun shuts his cake hole. -Dean, Supernatural

12 Reviews

Reviews: 12
Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:24 pm
ClaraKingofSnow says...

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh geez, this is still making me laugh. "...and Bella won’t do anything but give me those freaky bedroom eyes. She’s crazy! She’s a whore!" XD I LOVE IT!

Thank you. Except it's Voltera, not Volturra. Unless you meant to write that in mockery.
"You know what to beautify is, I suppose?"

"Yes," said Alice doubtfully: "it means--to--make--anything--prettier."

"Well, then," the Gryphon went on, "if you don't know what to uglify is, you are a simpleton."

It is dangerous to be right in matters on which the established authorities are wrong.
— Voltaire