z

Young Writers Society

"Glee" fanfic - "Material Girl"

15 Reviews

Reviews: 15
Fri Jan 01, 2010 11:47 pm
Lorrilrakest. says...

This isn't amazing writing at all, and won't make sense unless you've watched Glee x]

But I hadn't written in AAAGGGEEESSS, so I just thought i'd post a piece of ... trash stuff.

:)

(By the way, I don't read much FanFic, but I was bored one night, so looked up Glee - my new obsession - and some of it was VERY freaky, quite disturbing stuff. So don't take this as ... i don't know ... proper intellectual writing. I wanted to do it "freakily")

----------------------------

Sectionals was amazing. So much better than the Invitational, I mean, we didn't have to wear cowboy costumes for one – which is a clear-cut no-go fashion statement. Unless it's in the Autumn and Shania Twain has released a new album, which is a definite must for fashionistas like me.
But yes, Sectionals. Aah, what I wouldn't give to skip the next few months and do it all again at Regionals. There is one thing that's bugs me, I suppose. Why does Rachel always get the solos? Sure, she's a woman and I don't think the audience would especially want a gay showmance between me and Finn (but I know I would). Other than that, why not?

That's when I decided to do something about Regionals. I went to speak to Mr Schue about having a solo – something I could perform with style, class and hopefully with a little bit of attitude. I proposed a rendition of “Material Girl” by Madonna. Predictably, he approved my solo but rejected my song choice. You can tell Mr Schue doesn't have the feminity needed to be the producer of a show choir. Which then gave me my second plan.

My Ryerson.

He's always had a soft spot for me, I don't really know why. I can remember during rehearsals for the mash-ups when I found myself … a little over-excited …. when I had to choreograph some pelvic thrusts for the guys. Mr Ryerson, or Sandy how he preferred me to call him, took me into his room and sat me down in his office.

“You have to see, Hummel, that with adolescence comes sexuality.” He handed me his flask with a meaningful look. “Now, I understand that you have been having trouble with keeping yourself in … touch … with … yourself … whilst singing lately.

I mean, who blames ya? When I was your age, even we had our musical distractions. Elvis … Bob Marley … even Popeye to some extent. Nowadays, with all the booty shaking and the …. shirt-ripping.”

I found myself trying to focus on the photographs of Josh Groban on his desk, he was nicer to look at, as opposed to Mr Ryerson's face as he daydreamed of, most probably, Popeye giving him a lapdance.

“Baby, get shakey …. after school … er .. yes. Hummell.”

I handed him back his untouched flask, and he gave me a yet another meaningful look.

“Now, I can help you out here. We don't want you to be learning more body-popping in front of that Finn Hudson, and then … well … you know what happens next. I know I do.
Now sing me a note. Any note”

Reluctantly, I opened my mouth and sang a little off-key B flat.

“That's nice. That's very nice. Keep going until I say stop”

He sat back down and left me singing this note. And that's when I learnt my advantage. I realised it when he took off his shawl and place it on his lap with his cane, as he watched my perfectly formed “O” shaped mouth.

I was going to seduce him. Yep, I was going to seduce Mr Ryerson. A little bit of “Single Ladies” and he was my clay to mould.

I don't want to go in any more details - all I have to say is that with a little bit of home-cooking, a salt-shaker and a collection of High School Musical merchandise, and Mr Ryerson had appealed to Mr Schue to let me perform “Material Girl”.

It worked like a charm. My next project – Noah Puckerman.
------------------------

:)
"Who needs God when you've got me?"
- Jessica Sanders

"Didn't I throw you out a window?"
- Jessica Sanders

www.drizzlefilm.com

52 Reviews

Reviews: 52
Sat Jan 02, 2010 2:33 am
emoticon220 says...

O MY GOD I LOVE GLEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! do you mid if i do a glee fanfiction!?!?!?
wait...? why would you??? forget i even said that GREAT story btw!
O thin men of Haddam,/Why do you imagine golden birds?/Do you not see how the blackbird/Walks around the feet/Of the women about you?
-Wallace Stevens

135 Reviews

Reviews: 135
Sun Jan 03, 2010 8:40 pm
ballerina13 says...

This was...interesting. The concept was new. You portrayed the character of Kirk well. I feel that you could have described things more though. But besides that it was good.
Got YWS?
"No one can arrive from being talented alone,work transform talent into genius" - Anna Pavlova

15 Reviews

Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:33 pm
Lorrilrakest. says...

Glee is awesome :):)

And yeah, I didn't try really hard to be .... literary. If that's the right word to use .... :)
Oh, and it was late.

xD

So yeh, but i had fun writing it :P
- Jessica Sanders

- Jessica Sanders

www.drizzlefilm.com

50 Reviews

Reviews: 50
Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:44 pm
Howler says...

Personally, I watch a lot of TV and Glee is pretty much my arch-nemesis. I can't say I find it very entertaining, and I'm amazed that it's staying on the air as long as is.

HOWEVER, this was still a pretty good piece you've written. The use of first-person was done very well, it really sets the character up. I didn't feel that I needed to like Glee to like this.
*Thumbs Up*
"I'm fearless in my heart
They will always see that in my eyes
I am the passion, I am the warfare
I will never stop
Always constant,
Accurate,
Intense"
"The Audience is Listening", by Steve Vai

15 Reviews

Sun Jan 10, 2010 11:21 pm
Lorrilrakest. says...

I'm a bit skewed whether I'm shocked that you don't find Glee entertaining, or I'm glad you liked my writing.

Lol, only joking - I respect people don't like it and I see why sometimes.

But yes, thanks.
- Jessica Sanders

- Jessica Sanders

www.drizzlefilm.com

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:32 am
RoachRedford! says...

I have to see, I'm not a massive fan of Glee, but that was great. You portrayed Kirk really well and I can see your writing going places! I was a little weirded out by the seduction of 'Sandy' but an interesting idea nonetheless.
Great work, keep it up! ~R
It's not the fall that kills you.

GENERATION 31: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
— Mark Twain