z

Young Writers Society

Under the Moonlight Sequel

18 Reviews

Reviews: 18
Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:42 am
AlphaGirl01 says...

Okay, so this is the sequel to the last story I submitted, Under the Moonlight. I hope you guys like it.

I sat writing in my journal about becoming a vampire while my best friend, Ashley, curled my long, blonde hair. It was my wedding day.
We were at a fancy hotel in Ann Arbor, Michigan. It was where I moved to when I was 14. It was the place that brought me and Joe, my fiancée, together. It was only a year earlier that I found out that he was a vampire.
Alice and Aimee Cullen had planned our wedding on the condition that they let us help. Abby Rose, a wedding photographer, was snapping away pictures of me and the rest of the Pretty Committee getting ready.
“What do you think?” Ashley asked while putting the curling iron on the vanity. My hair was perfectly curled. I looked at it all angles.
“I love it!” I exclaimed.
“Thank you. Now, you’ll have to stop writing if you want me to put on your make up,” she said while organizing some make up brushes.
“Alright.” I closed the notebook and faced Ashley, foundation in hand.
“Are you nervous?” Laurel asked me after taking a sip of bubbly champagne.
“A little bit,” I said while putting my hands over my stomach, trying to calm the butterflies flitting around in me.
“I would be nervous, too. But don’t you worry; everything will go fine. Alice said it would,” Grace assured me. I let out a deep breath. I was afraid that Alice’s visions would change and that something would go wrong. Even though I had the same ability and had seen the same vision, I still couldn’t be too sure.
I had gotten a spray tan a week earlier to hide the fact that I sparkled in sunlight. I only went two shades darker than my already extremely pale complexion.
Ten or so minutes later, Ashley had finished putting on my ‘natural’ makeup and the rest of the band was helping me put on my wedding dress. It was ivory with red trim, a slightly pouffy skirt, and a short train. It was a perfect fit. I slid me feet into a pair of metallic red high heels and put on the veil my mother wore when she married my father.
The rest of the P.C. stood in half circle in front of me. They all wore the same style dress, but in the different colors that they wore when we performed in concert. Ashley was my maid of honor. She wore a light blue dress and me my bouquet of flowers, which contained red roses, light blue hibiscus, purple balloon flowers, pink lilies, and green holly leaves. I smiled.
“Are you guys ready?” Abby asked.
“Yes.” Ashley and Grace gathered up all of the stuff we brought with us while Katie and Laurel gathered my train and followed me to the elevators. There was an old towns car waiting for us at the bottom. We let Abby ride with us so she could take pictures.
I was going to meet up with Joe, the man that had turned me into a vampire, at a local park twenty minutes away from the hotel.
The driver blasted my favorite mixed CD, causing the car to vibrate. We seat danced to April Smith and Vampire Weekend. We laughed and sang along, letting my closest friends distract me from the butterflies in my stomach.
The towns car halted to a stop. I looked out of the tinted window to see the beautiful park I used to go to when I was a teenager. Butterflies and birds fluttered from tree to tree, a slight breeze rustling them. The driver opened the door and we piled out into the warm sunlight. I quickly scanned my arms to see if they sparkled. Negatory. I smiled.
“Look!” Laurel whisper-shouted while pointing to the other end of the park. Tally Hall stood in a circle at the other end, Joe’s back to me, talking. Abby’s fellow photographer, Tommy, was snapping pictures of ‘em. I felt Katie and Laurel pick up my train again. I walked forward nervously, the butterflies coming back quickly. Joe turned around just as I approached. His face didn’t sparkle, so I guessed he had put on foundation to cover it up.
He slipped his arms around my waist. I rested my head on his shoulder and put my arms around his neck.
‘You look beautiful,’ he thought.
‘You look very handsome,’ I thought back.
After taking about fifty pictures of both bands, we piled into the town cars to head to the Church.
We arrived in about half an hour. It was noon, only an hour until the ceremony started.
In the Church, there was an extra room where we could hang out in. There, we contemplated about how much had happened within the past year. My discovering that both bands were made up of mystical creatures to becoming a vampire is what brought us closer together and what was making the event in less than an hour happen.
Twenty minutes before the ceremony, my family came in to see how I was doing.
“I just can’t believe you’re getting married. You look so pretty,” my mother said. My parents had adopted my sisters and me when we were babies. My dad had the ability to create visual illusions, while my mother could remove all five senses. They had changed Claire when she was 18 and Emily when she was 16.
“It seems like just yesterday you were only a teenager. Now you’re getting married,” my dad said while cupping my hands in his.
“Daddy?” I groaned. I gave him a quick hug, wishing I could cry, “don’t embarrass me in front my friends,” I said while smiling. He chuckled.
“I’m sorry. You know how emotional I can get sometimes.” He kissed my forehead and let my sisters and mother talk to me. Claire could put up physical shields and was married to another vampire named Alec, who was part of the Volturi Guard. The Volturi were a royal clan of vampires that lived in Volterra, Italy. They enforced the vampire rules. Emily had lie detection and was married to Vladimir, who was part of the Romanian Coven.
“I just can’t believe it. I’m speechless,” Claire said.
“Don’t remind me of that. I’m already nervous enough,” I whined.
“Emily?” Claire called out.
“She’s telling the truth,” Emily said.
Suddenly, Alice and Aimee glided in. Alice was holding a clipboard, wearing a light purple, knee-length dress, whilst Aimee had a Bluetooth attachment in her ear and wore a deep purple dress.
“Well we’ll see you soon, okay?” my mother said, then kissing my cheek.
“Okay.” My family, except for my dad, left the room and Aimee and Alice began putting us in order for walking down the aisle.
“Where’s Jazzie?” Alice asked. Suddenly, the door opened and in walked Jazzie. Jazzie was the newest addition to my family and the youngest. She was nine years old, and like Jane of the Volturi, she could inflict pain on you just by staring into your eyes. Her parents had abandoned her when she was a few months old. My mother changed her when she turned eight.
Jazzie was the flower girl. Her flaming red hair had been curled like mine, and she wore a hot pink dress.
“Okay, good. Now we’re ready,” Alice said while she and Aimee directed is out of the room.
Everyone gave me hugs and wished me good luck before pairing back up. Joe stood at the front and entered the main hall. My father stood to my left and I looped my arms through his. He kissed the top of my head and patted my hand, assuring me I would be fine. I looked down at Jazzie and she smiled up at me, making sure she didn’t hurt me.
‘I can do this. It’s my wedding day. I shouldn’t be nervous,’ I thought while I walked down the aisle with my dad, Jazzie tossing white rose petals in front of us.
At the altar, my dad released me and kissed my forehead one last time. I walked slowly up the steps and faced Joe, passing my bouquet off to Ashley. Joe then held my hands.
The ceremony went as planned. The only change, like at Bella’s wedding, was we had the priest say ‘as long as you both shall live’ instead of the usual ‘until death do us part’.
“Do you, Annabelle, take Joseph to be you lawfully wedded husband?” The priest asked.
“I do,” I said with a smile.
“Do you, Joseph, take Annabelle to be your lawfully wedded wife?”
“I do,” he said.
“You may now kiss the bride.” Joe leaned in and kissed me, making the last of the butterflies fly away. Everyone applauded and followed us down the aisle.
We got outside and everyone was blowing bubbles, even Abby and Tommy. A white towns car was waiting for us, with a sign on the back that said ‘JUST MARRIED’. We hopped in and the driver rode away.
“I can’t believe it,” I said while resting my head on Joe’s shoulder.
“I am very happy now to call you my wife,” he said while stroking my hair.
“Hey, don’t ruin my hair!” He smiled while raising an eyebrow, “I’m sorry, I’m overreacting.”
“It’s fine,” he suddenly looked straight ahead, a distant look appearing in his eyes. He was getting a vision.
“What do you see?” I asked.
“Your mother is going to tell you something somewhat life changing at the reception.”
“What is she going to say?”
“Just wait, okay? And don’t let it be the only thing on your mind at the reception. Just try to enjoy it.”
“Okay.” I tried reading his mind, but he had put up a mental block. I grunted, but quickly got over it and decided to enjoy the twenty minutes of almost alone time that I had with him. But what he saw kept coming to back to mind. I listened to the music filtering through the speakers and began to hum along.
“Colors. I love this song,” I said after realizing what it was. I began singing along. When I was human, I absolutely loved alternative music. I still did, but I had incorporated some classical and rock. Joe pulled me closer to him and I slipped off my heels. I wished I could skip the reception and go straight to the honeymoon. Only one problem though: I had no clue where we were going. Joe wanted it to be a surprise.
“I love you,” I whispered to him.
“I love you, too,” he whispered back.
“We’re here,” the driver announced.
“Thank you,” we said simultaneously while exiting the car. A huge white tent had been set up. I lifted up my skirt and walked alongside Joe to the entrance.
All eyes were on us as we entered the tent. Family, friends, all in a happy mood. In a far off corner, I saw Jasper with Alice. He smiled and the room became excited, everybody applauding.
‘Thanks,’ I thought at him.
‘No problem,’ he thought back. Onstage was Ross, who would be the DJ for the night. Joe and I gave him a quick nod as we approached the dance floor and he began playing the song for our first dance. About halfway through the song, he began mixing in Thriller and we smiled at each other. We then broke into the dance. Nora took over DJing and the rest of Tally Hall and the P.C. joined in.
The song ended as Joe did the moonwalk and I laughed while we all applauded.
“Fantastic job, guys!” I said to the bands.
“It was so much fun,” Laurel said.
Over the next hour or so, we cut the cake, danced, and talked. Both of the bands, my family, and Joe’s family made the most heartfelt toasts to our marriage.
At dessert, I was talking to Ashley and Zubin when my mom came over.
“Annie, I need to talk to you outside the tent,” she said, a bit of concern in her voice.
“Umm, okay.” I slid out of my seat and followed her out. Then I remembered what Joe said.
“Annie, people are starting to become suspicious.”
“Suspicious of what?”
“Suspicious of the fact that I am supposed to be in my forties, look like I’m still twenty-two, and have a nine year old daughter.”
“But she isn’t actually your daughter.”
“Exactly. But nobody knows that. People are starting to question my and your father’s age. Which is why I’m asking a big favor of you.”
“What?”
“I need you to adopt Jazzie.”
“What!?”
“I’m being serious.”
“But I’m going to be busy with the band and recording. How am I going to take care of her?”
“Annie, you’re not thinking logically. She is a nine year-old stuck in an eight year-old’s body. She is very mature for her age. Just please do this for me.”
“Fine,” I agreed reluctantly.
“Thank you so much,” she said while hugging me.
“Does she know?”
“Mhmm.”
“Okay. Now let’s go back inside.” We walked back in and I seated myself back in between Joe and Ashley.
“Was it a surprise?” Joe asked while putting one arm across my shoulders.
“Yes. When does the reception end?”
“In about an hour. Be patient,” I groaned, “Why so irritated?”
“I want to know where you’re taking me on our honeymoon.” I scooted lower in my seat so my head was on his shoulder. Jazzie approached us.
“Did mom tell you?” She asked, her eyelashes fluttering.
“Yes. When will you be coming to New York?” I asked while she climbed onto my lap.
“When you get back from your honeymoon,” she said while resting her head on my shoulder. Abby snapped a picture of us.
“Hey, can you take a picture of us and the rest of the bands outside the tent?” I asked.
“Sure.” In five or so minutes, we were outside posing for Abby and Tommy, having a blast. For a few pictures, Jazzie was on Joe’s shoulders and he gave her a quick piggyback ride. I was starting to get excited about her becoming my daughter. She was a bundle of fun, yet she was very mature.
The last hour of the reception passed by fast and soon enough, I was hugging goodbye to my family and my closest friends, then hopping into the car that we had arrived in.
We rode to the nearby airport and hopped onto an airplane. Joe still wouldn’t let met know where we were going. I was starting to get a bit anxious.
We had first class seats on the Virgin Airlines plane. There were only five other people in first class.
“How long is the flight?” I asked while methodically tapping my fingers on the leather armrest.
“Only two hours,” Joe answered while grasping my hands in his.
“Can we at least watch a movie?”
“Sure.” He pulled out his MacBook and a DVD carrying case. I flipped through it, picking out New Moon, while Joe powered on the laptop. I handed it to him and he smirked while popping it in. He handed me a headphone and popped it into my ear while resting my head on his shoulder.
Two hours later, I was changed and exiting the plane. I wore a Bermuda blue tank top, a white skirt, and gold gladiator sandals.
When we reached the car, a gold convertible VW Bug, Joe stopped.
“I’m gonna need to blindfold you.” He said while pulling out a red bandana.
“Why?” I asked while pulling up my hair.
“I want this to be a surprise, remember?” He said while tying it tightly but quickly.
“Yeah, yeah, yeah,” I moaned. Joe helped me into my seat. Moments later I heard the rurring of the top going down. The warm breeze felt good and the evening sun beat down on my cheeks. I smiled and closed my eyes.
‘This reminds me so much of Florida. I miss it so much,’ I thought. The last time I had been there was on tour, which was in the dead cold of January.
“Don’t worry, it’ll only be a thirty minute ride,” he said, as if answering my thoughts. He turned on the radio and began driving.
The wind whipped my hair into my face, but I chose to ignore it and smiled, occasionally singing along to a song on the radio that I knew.
“We’re here,” Joe said as he parked.
“That soon?” I asked.
“Yep.”
“Do I get to take off my blindfold now?”
“No.” Joe lifted me out of my seat and started carrying me to wherever we were headed. After a few feet, I felt us going up stairs and I could hear seagulls and the lapping of waves on a shore. Suddenly, Joe rested me on my feet.
“Are you ready?” Joe asked.
“I was born ready,” I answered. He untied the bandana and I let it drop to the ground. My hands went to my mouth as I gasped. We were at St. Augustine Beach, standing on the second floor balcony of a three-story building.
“Oh my gosh. I missed this place so much. Thank you for bringing me here,” I exclaimed while hugging him. I breathed in the salty ea air, loving the smell.
“I remember you talking about this place when you were a teen, so I wanted to bring you here,” he said, and then kissed my cheek. I flung my arms around his neck, not sure what to say next. It was a rush of emotions. Then I remembered a quote from a story that I had read on Young Writers’ Society six months earlier.
“May my breath find shelter in your heart. May my life be destroyed in your love,” I whispered. His topaz eyes boared into mine, his body frigid. He was surprised, “Joe, I love you more than you will ever know. Remember that,” I said.
“ I will,” he said while lifting me into his arms and carrying me to the king-sized bed, “I love you, too, my little bull,” Joe said while chuckling, poking fun at my zodiac sign. I chuckled, too.
I was happier than I had ever been.
Sometimes two people fall apart to realize how much they need to fall back together.

Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
— Thomas Edison