z

Young Writers Society

The Haunting Hour: Don't Think about it

21 Reviews

Reviews: 21
Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:48 pm
Blift says...

This story is actually an adaptation made by me which is based on a movie. I have written a story about it, here it is:

Max was scared. The door was creaking open, so he got out of bed. The door handle was rattling. Out came a slimy green hand. Max screamed. His sister emerged from the closet. “Mom! Cassie was scaring me!” Max’s parents came into his room and scolded Cassie.
“Don’t scare him!” Cassie went to her room and got books out. She looked quite scared.
The next day, Cassie’s mom was calling her. “Cassie! You’re gonna be late for school.” Cassie came out of her room, dressed like a Goth. “Right.” she said sarcastically. She went to her school, Knoxville Jr. High. She went to her locker and saw two boys, who were messing about with a shocker pen. One of them was Shawn. There was a poster which read: Vote Priscilla Wright for Pumpkin Queen.
It was lunchtime. Shawn was telling his friend that he had to read Edgar Allan Poe’s book. Caddie said, “I’ve read all his books, it’s like a horror convention.”
“Wow.” said Shawn. Cassie said, “I’m in your English class, my name is Cassie Keller.” Shawn said, “I’m Shawn.” Priscilla came and said to Shawn, “I could be your tutor.” Then she looked at Cassie. “Didn’t anyone tell you, Halloween dance is next week?” Cassie got up and bumped into a girl. She dropped food all over herself. Everyone laughed.
At home, Cassie read a book. Then max jumped in a leaf pile. Cassie said she was going to the library. But her mom said “Monday night, Halloween. Take Max trick-or-treating.”
Cassie was walking on the streets, and she found a dead-end. She walked to the cul-de-sac and found a Halloween store. She went inside and saw skeletons and jars. She touched a rope and saw three candles. In the room, there was an old man. “You like scary things C’mon you love it. I see you like to read.” Cassie said, “I do. I have to go.” She went to the other room and the stranger appeared there. He showed her a book called “The Evil Thing”. “Sounds scary,” said Cassie. “May I see it?” She held the book, and it was locked. “How much?” she asked. But she just gave five dollars to the man.
She took the book and the key, and then left the store which was now closed. She unlocked the book, and found blank pages. But one said, “DO NOT READ ALOUD.” A storm gathered and it was cloudy. Cassie closed the book.
School. There was a tannoy: “The winner of Pumpkin Queen is: Priscilla Wright!” Shawn’s friend said to him, “Guess that makes you Mr. Pumpkin King.”
Cassie asked the dinner lady, “Why do people like the Pumpkin Queen?” The dinner lady said, “The poetry, the music, and the piñata. It’s so festive. Only the Queen is allowed to hit it.”
Home. Max was scared of a video game. His mom said, “Max, it’s a squirrel.” The door bell. Cassie got a delivery, “For the dance.”
At school, people were screaming at the party. They were also dancing. Cassie came in, wearing a mask. Priscilla was dancing with Shawn. Cassie looked around and went inside a room. Some boys were decorating the piñata. “Hey guys,” she said. They left.
Cassie put something in the piñata. There was a round of applause. “Let’s welcome the Pumpkin Queen.” Priscilla came on the stage. She wore a crown. Everyone was yelling, “SMASH THE PINATA!” Priscilla hit the piñata. Cockroaches came out. Priscilla screamed and fell on the cake. Cassie started laughing and so did everybody else.
On Halloween day, Priscilla was angry and everyone laughed at her. She found Cassie. “YOU ARE SO DEAD!”
It was class time. “Halloween started with the Celts,” said Cassie. Priscilla passed a note which said, “Get her diary.” Priscilla opened “The Evil Thing” and leaves flew about.
It was Halloween night, and Cassie was trick-or-treating with Max. They went and heard evil cackles and scary howls. “I don’t like that music.” Max was scared so they went home. “Be nice!” said their mum, since she and their dad were going out. “Put the roast in the refrigerator.”
Priscilla and Shawn were hiding outside their house. Priscilla said, “Put that shocker pen away, it’s so retarded!”
Cassie was on the computer, typing. Max came in. Cassie said, “I’ll read Berenstein Bears.” “I hate Berenstein Bears,” protested Max.” He touched “The Evil Thing.” Then he accidentally turned off the power.
“YOU MADE ME LOSE HOURS OF WORK!” Cassie shouted. Then she said, “I’ll read “The Evil Thing.” ‘The Evil Thing is a gruesome beast. It loves to feast, it is two-headed. One head sucks your blood; one head chews your meat. It has slimy eggs, the babies are hungry. Poor victim…birthday. Don’t worry; The Evil Thing isn’t real, unless you think about it. Don’t think about it.’ Goodnight.”
Max was scared. “I thought about it!” Cassie said, “Uh-oh, now it’s gonna get you. I’m kidding, it’s not gonna get you. It’s not real, I wanted to scare you.”
There was a full moon outside. Leaves blew around. A hand came out of the ground. A man delivered pizza, and then went to his car. He saw a shadow and some teeth. “Great costume, you scared me.” The Evil Thing broke the car door. “Take the pizza!” The Evil Thing grabbed the man.
Meanwhile, there was a blown fuse. “Ohhhhhhh!” Cassie groaned. “Quiet!” Cassie said to Max. She carried a torch and took it outside.
Then something dropped on Cassie and she screamed. It was Priscilla and Shawn, and Priscilla had a camera. They got out a radio with some scary noises.
“Now it’s on video,” said Priscilla. “It’s classic, you were so scared.” They went away. Max was eating and Cassie said “Stop eating that!” She looked worried.
In the bathroom, slime dripped down. It was windy. In Max’s bedroom, the door creaked open. It was closing. “Cassie, quit doing that.” Cassie came in the room, then went out. A tentacle wrapped itself around the door. Max hid under the bed. The Evil Beast came inside and ripped a toy monkey’s head off. Then it dragged Max away. Cassie said, “See if I care brat!”
Priscilla was watching the video. “It gets better!” She laughed. “Let me see,” said Shawn. Then he took the cassette away. Priscilla said, “Give that back or I won’t help you with the term paper. You will fail. Shawn you loser.” Then she was alone. She shone her torch. Then she heard a noise. “Shawn quit fooling around.” She was scared. She screamed. Shawn said, “Such a bad actress.” The Evil Thing got Priscilla. Then Shawn saw it. He ran to Cassie’s house.
“Open!” he shouted. “This is no joke, The Evil Thing got your brother.” Cassie got the chicken and joked. “This is my brother.” Shawn said, “It’s got Priscilla too, why don’t you believe me?” They went to Max’s room. He wasn’t there. They found some slime. Shawn said, “Your brother’s toast.” Cassie said, “We’ll have to kill that thing.”
Priscilla was screaming. So were Max and the pizza guy.
Cassie found a slimy shoe. “Max, where are you?” They walked through the woods. Cassie said, “He annoys me. And you think I’m weird.” Shawn said, “You’re…nasty!”
He saw a well. They climbed down a ladder. “This way.” They were in a deep tunnel. Then they arrived somewhere. “Max?”
“Cassie! Help!” They heard Max. Cassie said, “We’ll get you out.” They turned around and found The Evil Thing. Cassie hit it. Then 2 heads appeared. They quickly climbed up the ladder. Then The Evil Thing caught Shawn’s leg. “Shawn!” screamed Cassie. Shawn got out his shocker pen and shocked the beast. Then they escaped. Shawn asked, “Why did you read that book out loud?” They found the Halloween store man. “There was a warning on the start of the book.”
Cassie said, “The Evil Thing is alive!” The old man said, “It happens all the time. And you can defeat The Evil Thing. You brought the Evil Thing.” Cassie said, “You sold me it from the store.” Old man said, “What store?” The Halloween store disappeared. Shawn said, “There has to be some way to kill it.” The old man said, “2 heads are better than one, that’s the way to get the bloody job done.” Then he went away.
“What does that mean?” said Cassie.
Shawn said, “Fight each other, bloody job. With blood!”
Cassie said, “I know where to get some!”
Max was screaming, “Cassieee!” Then The Evil Thing’s eggs throbbed and hissed. They hatched and the babies crawled. They bit the cocoon thing that Max was concealed in.
Shawn and Cassie made some blood, “with its mate” said Shawn. They took the radio to the woods, with some rope. They lowered it, and made the roaring sound on the radio. The Evil Thing came. “Get ready!” said Cassie. Suddenly, the roaring changed to music. “NO!” The Evil Thing broke the radio. “Help!” screamed Max. “Max!” screamed Cassie. “The picture! It’s blood! Throw it! You can do it!” Max threw the blood, and it splattered on The Evil Thing. It was attacking itself. One head bit the other. Then finally, some lights came and flashed. Yellow pus splattered everywhere. They got Max and Priscilla out of the webs.
“Get off me! She’s a witch!” cried Priscilla. “Let’s go Shawn.” Shawn said, “I think I’ll walk Cassie home.” They got the pizza guy out. “Who wants free pizza?” he said.
At home, Cassie put the book, “The Evil Thing” in the fireplace. They watched it burn. But it didn’t burn properly. Shawn said, “What a night. Dang. Hey Max, thanks. You got pepperoni on your shirt.” The he went home. “Stay weird.” Max said to Cassie, “Read me the Berenstein Bears.”
Their parents came home. They laughed. They went to Max’s room and found Cassie and Max sleeping. They went and the Dad said, “What happened to the fireplace?” He got out the book. He read it out. “’DO NOT READ ALOUD. The Evil Thing is a gruesome beast…’” “…’The Evil Thing isn’t real unless you think about it.’ How can you not think about it?”
Slime dripped down and suddenly Cassie woke up.
“HAPPY HALLOWE’EN!”
EMILY OSMENT SANG “I DON’T THINK ABOUT IT!”

WRITTEN BY IBRAHIM SIDDIQUE

[as a roleplayer is feeling sad about torturing her characters] GrandWild: "You're a writer, dear. Embrace it."
— GrandWild