z

Young Writers Society

YWS Fanfiction [Please Read]

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:26 pm
Rydia says...

In the past, YWS Fan-fiction was moved to a different place, which no longer exists. So, feel free to post YWS Fan-Fiction in this forum. -Grif

If you have written or are considering writing a piece of YWS Fanfiction then please note that this is not the place to post it. All YWS Fanfiction now belongs in the YWSF usergroup.

If a piece of YWS Fanfiction is posted here, it will be moved immediately to the group. Previous works will also be moved though please note that this might take several days to accomplish.

If you have any querys, please feel free to PM me.
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

318 Reviews

Reviews: 318
Fri Jul 31, 2009 6:22 pm
Abigail_W. says...

I have one question about fanfiction. When a person is attempting to publish fanfiction, does he/she need permission from the producer of the book, movie, or show the idea is being taken from? I know there has been a bit of confusion about the extent of similarities that fanfiction can have to the original plot, and I'd just like to clear that up. Thank you for reading this message thus far!

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Fri Jul 31, 2009 8:32 pm
Rydia says...

Well fan-fiction isn't often published and I can only think of one or two examples off the top of my head but I've done a little research for you as I wasn't aware of the answer myself and from what I've read it has to be authorized by the original author. However, I'm not sure if that's always the case as Wide Sargasso Sea was written after the death of Charlotte Bronte and yet is a perfectly accepted novel.
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

83 Reviews

Reviews: 83
Mon Nov 16, 2009 5:10 am
Fruits_Basket99Tohru says...

About the YWSF usergroup thing, I couldn't seem to make a new topic for my fanfiction. So I just posted it here. Can you really post entries in the YWSF usergroup? Because I didn't see anything like 'New Topic' when I visited.
"We're all born with selfish desires, so we can all relate to those feelings in others. But kindness is something made individually by each person...so it's easy to misunderstand when others are trying to be kind to you."
--Fruits Basket Book 1, page 134

Do you need a review?

1464 Reviews

Reviews: 1464
Mon Nov 16, 2009 6:16 am
Juniper says...

You have to join the group, Fruit. At the top of the page, you may see a link that says 'Join this group'; click it. :)

June
"I'd steal somebody's purse if I could google it and then download it." -- Firestarter

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:54 am
FourteenthTarget says...

Forgive the newb but what is YWS fanfiction specifically?

537 Reviews

Reviews: 537
Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:03 am
Evi says...

Haha, no problem. YWS Fanfiction is writing that uses elements from this website-- members as characters, YWS inside jokes, literature and community forums for the setting, etc. ;)
"Let's eat, Grandma!" as opposed to "Let's eat Grandma!": punctuation saves lives.

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Thu Jan 07, 2010 4:00 am
FourteenthTarget says...

That's what I was thinking. ^-^ Thanks!

1464 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1464
Sun Sep 26, 2010 10:33 pm
JabberHut says...

The group doesn't exist anymore. If you have a YWS fanfiction, feel free to post it in the fanfic forum with "YWS Fanfic" or some such notice in the title of your post. :)
I make my own policies.

"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere."
— Martin Luther King Jr.