z

Young Writers Society

The Walk of Shame {feat. Alex Gaskarth}

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:07 pm
hottmess792 says...

Please send feedback. I'm trying to post this as many places as possible to try to get a good handful of feedback before I post the second chapter. :smt022

http://quizilla.teenick.com/stories/16114369/the-walk=of-shame-feat-alex-gaskarth

Sitting in math, I looked up at the clock. Or so any given person would think I was. I was really looking at the back of the head of... nobody. He was absent today. This must be one day less of hell for Mrs. Bisanz.

Usually I wouldn't notice things like that. I guess it's one of those things you just notice, like somebody's fly being unzipped or a girl's bra strap hanging out of her shirt. One of those little things that you shouldn't notice, but just do.

As the bell rang, I did what I normally did. I walked over to Maci's desk, and proceeded to my locker.

"Did you notice that Alex is absent today?" I asked, not expecting any specific answer.

"Not until your notification, why?"

"Oh, no reason.."

"Okay Farrah. Speak. What's the deal with this guy?" She asked, hinting that this was her going into guy-gossip-mode.

"Nothing. It's one of those things I just noticed. By the way, your straps hanging out."

"Umm... thanks.. I guess.." She said, fixing her feminine problem. We proceeded to our lockers and finally met up with Kiki.

I had known Maci and Kiki since I moved from Atlanta, Georgia to Maryland in the fourth grade. They were my ultimate best friends. They've been with me through everything. First bad break-up with a guy, firstsleep awaycamp, the many fights with parents I thought would get me grounded for life at the time -- everything.

Maci was the kind of friend that had the maturityto understand any life situation. She was one of the smartest and nicest people I know, and totally deserved her gorgeous looks. Medium-length, wavy brown hair with bangs to her right, a curvy yet petite frame, vibrant hazel eyes, and an utterly flawless complexion. At a first glance, you would most likely perceive her as a white, rich-ass, stuck-up snob, but her personality begs to differ. Kiki is just as gorgeous in her own fashion. Her straight, on-the-thin-line-of-being-black hair with subtle blonde highlights goes down to her mid-upper-arm. She is too, petite, but has a more noticeable athletic frame thanks to her many years of playing softball. Her adorable, round, Asian face fears no make-up, and is thus absolutely flawless, letting her dark eyes shine. I, on the other hand, have my father's dark brown, sun-streaked hair, a less petite frame but still fit body, and eyes ranging from dark brown to hazel depending on my mood.

On this particular Monday at Dulaney High School, Maci, Kiki, and I were each clad in striped knee socks, denim short-shorts, solid t-shirts, and hair in pigtails with bows, thanks to Match-It-Up-Monday. Once a year on the week before Halloween, the student council organizes a Spirit Week, each day with a different theme. The week typically ends with a huge Halloween party held at the household of the richest kid in the student council, thus providing a large house. At this annual 'Halloween Bach', 75% of Dulaney's female attendees either lose their virginity, pass out in a bathroom, make a fool of their drunken selves on the dance floor, or earn a reputation as a slut/whore thanks to desperate hook-ups with complete douches. Thank the luck of Halloween none of this has ever happened to me. At least not at that party... ;)

"Turns out Gaskank merely skipped math today. Let's solve more the more important seven wonders now, Farrah."

"And why would our dearFarrahhave bothered to question of the boy, Maci?"

"No reason," I defended myself, "I just took note of a classmate's absence, that's all."

Alex seemed to be lost. Or at least desperate for someone to talk with at the moment. He seemed to be headed towards us.

"Really now, how can such a man-whore be so gorg- Fay, why is he walking over here?" A look of questionable worry took over Kiki's face.

"Fare, did something happen at that church retreat you didn't bother to tell us?" Little did Maci know he was right behind her when she said that.

"Aw, did Fawwah wose her v-card at church camp?" Clearly mocking me, Alex entered the scene with a sex joke. How predictable could guys get nowadays? "Apparently she didn't tell you about what really happened at last year's Halloween Bach, either. A little too much Corona can go a long way."

"Don't flatter yourself, Gaskarth. What do you want?"

"Math. Farrah, you sit behind me. Did I miss anything?"

I flashed him a smirk as Maci and Kiki started to walk away, "Only this, Sir Scrotum Head!", referring with my hands to what lay under the short-shorts. It was Spirit Week, I could be a tease if I wanted to.

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Sun Jan 31, 2010 9:35 am
Kaylaxxx1 says...

"Aw, did Fawwah wose her v-card at church camp?" Clearly mocking me, Alex entered the scene with a sex joke. How predictable could guys get nowadays? "Apparently she didn't tell you about what really happened at last year's Halloween Bach, either. A little too much Corona can go a long way."

Your story is really good. BUT it has no real cling to it.... it doesnt really want to make me go " Oh this is a reaching story" try add a little spark to it.

Over all.. its great keep it up.

A poet is, before anything else, a person who is passionately in love with language.
— W.H. Auden