z

Young Writers Society

Dream of a Nightmare(2)

11 Reviews

Reviews: 11
Tue Nov 24, 2009 4:23 am
LovexPeacexRandomx3 says...

Sorry if I'm filling up the Fanfiction forum. If I am, yell at me. Tehe.
Not sure if I like this chapter[especially the dream part]... but I'll post it. There's always the edit button

Fork’s Diner was hardly occupied. There were about two other people that were sitting at the stools and drinking coffee. One glanced at me quickly, and then looked back at the man sitting the next to him. They seemed like they could’ve been brothers or son and father—from the back at least.

Charlie’s voice caused me to reluctantly look away from the two men.

“So, what are you going to order, Bells?” Charlie asked while he practically began to pet his moustache. He normally did that when he was thinking. It was weird.

I shrugged. None of the foods offered ever seemed too tempting. “I guess the pancakes. I could’ve made us breakfast back at home, Dad, I wouldn’t have minded,” I told him, hinting at the idea of staying home tomorrow morning for breakfast. Anything but this diner, though I wouldn’t tell Charlie that. He liked this place too much. Probably because Forks’ cops get half-off. “What about you, Dad?” I posed, and plastered a fake, but hopefully convincing, interested look.

Charlie grinned and replied, “The ham, cheese and bacon omelet.”

"Oh, that seems good,” I lied. Actually, it sounded gross.

Before Charlie could reply, a woman named Elaine smiled at us. “What can I get you two today, Charlie?” she asked. I was surprised she hadn’t caught onto my name yet. It was probably because she was old, or maybe because I didn’t come here after work like Charlie.

“I’ll let Bella order first,” he responded and his eyes gestured to me.

“Alright, then, what can I get you, Hun?” Elaine posed, as she held her pencil close to the notepad. It had coffee stains all over it.

“The pancakes and the fresh-squeezed orange juice,” I smiled as she took the menu from my hands.

“Sure,” the woman replied while writing down my order. When she turned to Charlie, I looked back at the two men. When I thought about it, they seemed about my age. Maybe the boy on the right was nineteen. The left boy stared back at me.

Once I saw his eyes, I thought of the figure in the small woods by Charlie’s house. I gasped and the boy shrugged as if the boy next to him told him something. He then fixated his eyes to the window.

Charlie looked at me, “Are you sure nothing is wrong?”

“Oh, right, yeah I’m fine,” I spat out and looked at the dirty tile that might’ve once been a pale yellow, but now a golden brown. “I’m just tired.”

“Well, after we eat I’ll bring you home and you can get some rest,” Charlie said and finished telling Elaine his order.

When we both got into the house, I walked up the stairs. Once in my room, I shut and locked my door. I yanked my converse off and then unbuttoned my jeans. Pulling sweats on, I took off my plaid shirt and put a white tee-shirt on to replace it. Once I freed my hair of the ponytail, I climbed back into bed.

Grabbing the comforter off the carpet, I covered myself with it. I would have shut my window—it was making my room chilly—but I was much too tired. Letting myself drift into sleep, the dreams began to take over my mind again.

“Bella,” the voice called out to me.

"Who are you, exactly?" I asked, but he wouldn't reply.

He stood still, and just looked at me without speaking.

"Why are you here?"

No reply. His topaz eyes looked at my eyes, as if he wanted to say something to me. The figure disappeared.

"Wait, Edward!" I called out. He told me his name was Edward in my first dream.

Edward had already disappeared into the forest. I trailed after him, trying to find where he went off to.

No tracks, no hints, and no way I could find him. For some reason, it frightened me to not be able to see him. I called out his name multiple times, but he must've been gone by then.

After running and gasping for air I somehow ended up at the diner. He was sitting inside, with the same boy I had seen next to him. At the other table, there was Charlie, looking at me and motioning me to come sit by him. Edward's eyes rested on me.

I gasped as I woke up. There was no way... it was not... Edward the vampire must not exist, a figure of my imagination. I shook my head. “You’re just paranoid,” I told my self “and slightly crazy.”
"Tom: What happens if you fall in love?
Summer: Well, you don't believe that, do you?" -(500) Days of Summer
Spoiler! :
My name is Eduardian.

Spoiler! :
Not really, though.

770 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 770
Tue Nov 24, 2009 1:00 pm
borntobeawriter says...

Hi,

I have nothing to nitpick on. I read the Twilight series, and even the chapters from Edward's perspective on Stephenie Meyers website. I am intrigued by where you are going with your Chapters. Do you have a general idea yet, or are you just winging it?

Great read, so far!

Tanya

I love how we all band together to break things...
— Kelpies