z

Young Writers Society

Disney's Sleeping Beauty

10 Reviews

Reviews: 10
Wed Nov 05, 2008 1:03 am
The-Phantoms-Thorne says...

I quite liked this piece and I'm sure that there isn't anything I can say that other have said already.

One thing, though. Maleficent didn't have green skin, it was more of a grey hue. Perhaps you were thinking of the Wicked Witch from The Wizard of Oz?

Other than that, I was pleasantly surprised at the quality of it. A job very well done. Have you considered re-writing some more?
~@ Hyde's Classic Lines @~
“I must say, I enjoy a bit of carnage in the evening.”
“Well, this is the oddest angle I've seen London at, I must confess.”

25 Reviews

Reviews: 25
Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:59 pm
cnvalambrosia says...

"pools of blue"?
it would make sense that you mean her eyes here, but then it doesn't when you realize that she's sleeping and her eyes are closed. Unless you were going for a creepy, open-eyed, staring into the abyss which is mine kind of sleep. In that case that's cool to.
~C.N.

"Out here, I believe in everything. Every leaf, every flower. Birds, the air. Just a feeling that I cannot explain."Green Mansions(1959)

31 Reviews

Reviews: 31
Sat Jul 04, 2009 12:09 am
huggybear123 says...

I loved this! It was so descriptive and a more realistic, darker ending to the Disney version. Disney ruined the Brothers Grimm stories. You know how the prince woke the princess in Sleeping Beauty? By having sex with her! Plus Cinderella was based on Ashputtle which was a very bloody, morbid tale.

106 Reviews

Reviews: 106
Tue Jul 14, 2009 9:46 pm
Flux says...

Oh dear, I am overcome with jealousy. I guess I'll start with the faults to boost my ego a bit ;)

The crimson liquid that kept him and all other mortals alive dripped down the paling skin of his back.

So, I'm not sure if this has been mentioned before (since I am too lazy to read through other reviews) but the "and all other mortals" doesn't need to be there. Since Prince Phillip is mortal, then if the crimson liquid that keeps him alive would be the same for all other mortals. That basically doesn't need to be there.

OVERALL:

I am truly jealous of you. The description you had was amazing! You set the mood from the start. Everything was so vivid to me; I could see it exactly the way you wrote it. You played the seen perfectly.

And as for the gore? Well, the gore is perfect. Not all endings are happy, are they? This adds a delightful twist to the story!

Excellent job! Gold star from me!
"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person.

Give him a mask and he will tell you the truth."

-- Oscar Wilde

Reviews: 4
Sun Jul 19, 2009 6:48 pm
shakira1187 says...

Pretty much everything was already said. To feel you the truth I really expected this to be cheesy, come on its Disney. I was pleasantly surprised by this fanfiction, it was dark and pretty good. I did not expect the ending and it was a pleasant and graffic conclusion.
The only thing that bugged me was the middle where you are describing the fight and the bleeding. It was a bit too wordy for me at times but I think someone already commented in that.
All in all it was written well for a Disney fanfiction, I will never watch Sleeping Beauty the same again :)
The meeting of two personalities is like the contact of two chemical substances: if there is any reaction, both are transformed.
- Carl Jung

Have a biscuit, Potter.
— Professor McGonagall