z

Young Writers Society

Writing ideas?? Plz urgent

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Sat Dec 21, 2013 3:19 am
Chayson says...

Does anyone have any ideas for writing a play where cheese is the most important thing in the world? This is a school Drama assignment. Any help would be very appreciated please. Thank you!

23 Reviews

Reviews: 23
Mon Dec 23, 2013 4:25 am
View Likes
CowLogic says...

Perhaps it's discovered that the mold that grows on cheese when it's been left out too long actually has chemical properties that can kill entire tumors of cancer cells. Cheese would then become more valuable than gold. They would have to rewrite the economy. Money is now perishable. Rather than the Gold Standard, they have the Cheese Standard. A sandwich will now cost two slices of Swiss. You will pay for larger purchases with Wheels.
The course skin of a thousand elephants sewn together to make one leather wallet.

933 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 933
Mon Dec 23, 2013 5:18 am
View Likes
Iggy says...

Second season of Glee, third episode - Finn makes a grilled cheese sandwich that looks like Jesus Christ and believes it is a sandwich sent my God. He uses it to pray and it was quite honestly one of the best Glee episodes I have ever seen. (This is a copyrighted episode, just so you know ;))

My point -- get creative. Anything you can think of will work; you just need to find a way to make it work. Take two prisoners and a piece of cheese. Do they fight to the death over it? Do they share it? Does a third prisoner steal it while they fight? Base it off a fandom -- say, The Walking Dead. A human faces dozens of Walkers inside an abandoned house to find supplies, yet once they get inside, all they find is a moldy piece of cheese. Will they make it out alive? Will a Walker kill them? (Sorry if you don't understand the TWD reference)

Just think of anything. You could do a number of things with a piece of cheese and a story. :)
“I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
- Lewis Carroll

You unlock this door with the key of imagination. Beyond it is another dimension: a dimension of sound, a dimension of sight, a dimension of mind. You’re moving into a land of both shadow and substance, of things and ideas. You’ve just crossed over into… the Twilight Zone.
— Rod Serling