z

Young Writers Society

Flash Fiction--Can't Stop Writing It

50 Reviews

Reviews: 50
Sun Jul 30, 2006 5:40 am
mystical*dragons says...

Okay, so here's the problem, I'm addicted to writing flash fiction. Seems like it's the only thing I can write these days. I thought it was a phase that would just pass, but it's been almost a year and I can't stop. I'm constantly bombarded with ideas and I keep on coming with flash fiction. I just can't make myself sit and write something longer than 600 words. :(

And the thing is, I have an idea for a novel, but whenever I start writing it, I end up writing it like a flash fiction and that just does not work. Does anyone have tips on how to get over this? I really need to get started on my novel.
....and so they lived happily ever after

moral: the faerie lies

1258 Reviews

Reviews: 1258
Sun Jul 30, 2006 5:54 am
Sam says...

Try writing your novel as a series of flash fiction stories. It might not be exactly what you were going for, but hey...you've found what you're good at and can compromise to show that off.

So, yeah! A 600-word chapter isn't that bad- just make sure your characters remain pretty steadfast. The loose, interconnectedness would be really neat.
Graffiti is the most passionate form of literature there is.

- Demetri Martin

50 Reviews

Mon Jul 31, 2006 6:49 am
mystical*dragons says...

I think that is a good idea. I'll give it a try. Thanks Sam :)

164 Reviews

Reviews: 164
Mon Jul 31, 2006 6:55 am
Ares says...

Sam gave you a good idea. I can't do long stories either, so I'm just trying a novel of short stories.

50 Reviews

Mon Jul 31, 2006 7:47 am
mystical*dragons says...

I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one suffering from this problem...:)

It's crazy how your life can be twisted upside down inside out and around and you can get sushi from safeway still looking like a normal person
— starchild314