z

Young Writers Society

Would you read more?

19 Reviews

Reviews: 19
Fri Nov 25, 2011 2:22 am
volleyball13 says...

Prologue
Seventy-five years ago, a little girl lived in a house by the river. When she was five she was given a golden locket in the shape of a heart. She loved it and wore every day until she died, which sadly was not long after she obtained it. This little girls name was Cynthia. One day Cynthia went out to play in the yard like every day, and she was wearing the locket. This day was different, when her mother called out for her to come inside there was no response. When her parents looked for her, they had found her drowned in the river. The locket Cynthia loved was gone, and had remained missing until now.
Chapter 1
Chloe was sixteen and had just moved into a new house in Long Creek, Oregon. The town was small yet quaint. When she walked into her new room, she took a moment to take it all in when she saw something shining on the wood floor. As she got closer, Chloe found it was a golden locket in the shape of a heart. On the back it was inscribed, “Cynthia, 1936.” When Chloe opened the locket, a breeze of cold air seemed to rush out of it, and then the window suddenly opened and closed with a loud bang. Chloe fell back astonished. She knew something odd had happened but her mind was determined that it was just wind, so she quickly shoved the locket into her pocket while trying to put the odd incident out of her mind.
"Crowded classrooms and half-day sessions are a tragic waste of our greatest national resource - the minds of our children."
Walt Disney

565 Reviews

Reviews: 565
Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:58 pm
Stori says...

Yes, I would.

13 Reviews

Reviews: 13
Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:47 am
heather321 says...

I would, it's definately an interesting idea and made me want to know more right from the begining! Though maybe add more imagery because i was having a hard time picturing it all in my mind. But great start!

I was never insane except upon occasions when my heart was touched.
— Edgar Allan Poe