z

Young Writers Society

Fantasy story using snowflake technique

Random avatar

Reviews: 13
Tue Aug 15, 2006 10:49 pm
turtlechow says...

I definitely like the sounds of things so far. I've never heard of the snowflake technique myself (research time!!!). Normally I just whip open a Microsoft Word document and begin filling it as quicly as possible with every mundane thing that pops into my head in the most methodical manner I can conjure up. Of course, I only have one novel in the fantasy genre for a moment, and the only reason I deem it any good is because it has been an ongoing six year project (Version 7.0!!!) because I keep improving.

As for other novel ideas I've had that are outside of the fantasy genre, I normally write a brief summary and significant character info. down so that if I ever get finished with this fantasy thing, I can go back to it. So, yeah, I'm not a notetaker, but I'm starting to think that due to the complexity of my book, I should probably start. ^____^' And this idea: you MUST use it!!! Redundant, yes, but also very encouraging. I hope I helped!
Eat, sleep, write... and when you think you've written enough, then write some more.

Cheat your landlord if you can and must, but do not try to shortchange the Muse. It cannot be done. You can’t fake quality any more than you can fake a good meal.
— William S. Burroughs