z

Young Writers Society

Lyra's Father vs. Mrs. Coulter - who would win?

In a death match, who would win?

Lyra's father
33%
Mrs. Coulter
27%
Neither... Snoink would win because she's so awesome.
40%

Total votes : 15

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Mon Apr 10, 2006 6:08 am
Snoink says...

Ah yes... His Dark Materials bestest characters ever.

There's Lyra's father, who is awesome. No, scratch that; he's totally awesome. At the start he is a commanding character. After all, doesn't he slap Lyra around? He's the only real one she ever fears. And then he has that big cat hanging around him... just awesome.

Oh yeah, and he's helping the angels. Hehehe...

And then there's Mrs. Coulter. Lyra's mother, to be exact. She's mean and nasty... or is she? After all, she's only zombifying young children. Or is there something more to it? And will she have the guts to do it for Lyra?

So... yeah.

In a death match, who would win?
Last edited by Snoink on Fri Dec 01, 2006 12:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

Random avatar

Reviews: 665
Mon Apr 10, 2006 6:39 am
deleted6 says...

I've read the first one and prefer Lyra father, cause he is not as bad as Mrs Coulter, cause she first tries too make Lyra into a pet pretending she can her a perfect daughter then when she realizes then she can't so she want Lyra as a assistant, but that fails.

While her Father tried too keep her out as long as he could but realizes fast he can't.

Ps her Father name is Lord Asriel.
We get off to the rhythm of the trigger and destruction. Fallujah to New Orleans with impunity to kill. We are the hidden fist of the free market.
We are the ink, we are the quill.
[The Ink And The Quill (Be Afraid) - Anti-Flag]

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Apr 10, 2006 6:44 am
Snoink says...

Well... he still *did* kill her best friend, so he wasn't exactly the nicest guy either... *huggles*

And if you think Mrs. Coulter was bad in the first book... :roll:

Though she is cool in the third book (I think?) when she and Lyra's dad (okay... Lord Asriel) are talking together and then she makes him all excited about the mech warriors thingies he had. That was cute... needless, mind you, but cute.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

459 Reviews

Reviews: 459
Mon Apr 10, 2006 5:59 pm
Poor Imp says...

...Have to be Mrs. Coulter. Though it's been a couple of years since I've read the books - Mrs. Coulter always creeped the bloody heck out of me.

She'd win somehow...

But then if you put Snoink into the equation, you never know what might happen. :wink:
ex umbris et imaginibus in veritatem

"There is adventure in simply being among those we love, and among the things we love -- and beauty, too."
-Lloyd Alexander

506 Reviews

Reviews: 506
Mon Apr 10, 2006 6:12 pm
Sureal says...

Mrs Coulter, as it is repeatidly stated that she is hot.

One of the great things about those two characters is that they are not evil incarnate, nor are they all good. They are both shades of grey, doing both good and evil. Which certainly makes a nice change from most stories.
I wrote the above just for you.

122 Reviews

Reviews: 122
Mon Apr 10, 2006 6:27 pm
Karma says...

They're both so evil... but they were married once, would that count for anything?
I LOVE the books!!!
Muahaha :twisted: I will force people to read them!!!
*ummmm...heh heh heh?*
My Karma Ran Over My Dogma
^------^
( 0 . 0 )
---------
Meow

459 Reviews

Reviews: 459
Mon Apr 10, 2006 6:30 pm
Poor Imp says...

Sureal wrote:Mrs Coulter, as it is repeatidly stated that she is hot.

Oh well...that's the scary thing, isn't it? She looks so nice... :shock:
ex umbris et imaginibus in veritatem

"There is adventure in simply being among those we love, and among the things we love -- and beauty, too."
-Lloyd Alexander

Random avatar

Reviews: 212
Sat Apr 29, 2006 6:01 pm
timjim77 says...

Actually, the giant polar bear would win. But I voted for Mrs. Coulter. I love those books. I don't even like fantasy in general. Those books were brilliant. The Amber Spyglass is the best.

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Dec 01, 2006 12:15 am
Snoink says...

Hahaha... no. The Amber Spyglass sucked. I mean, how preachy can you get? It just went on and on and on... and DUDE. The character deaths were SOLAME.

Yeah.

The Golden Compass was the best one, by far.

189 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 189
Fri Dec 01, 2006 12:29 pm
tinny says...

Snoink wrote:The Golden Compass was the best one, by far.

Is that one Northen Lights? It was the only book out of the triliogy I actually liked. I did read the subtle Kinfe but never managed to get through the amber spyglass. I was distraced by other things.

Mrs. Coulter... she always scared me so...
please grant me my small wish; (love me to the marrow of my bones)

29 Reviews

Reviews: 29
Fri Dec 01, 2006 6:21 pm
The Jesseble says...

did you know that in the new movie Mrs Coulter is played by Nicole Kidman? I saw a picture and they have made Mrs coulter have blonde hair!! I swear she always had brown hair! Lord asriel is played by Daniel craig *hotness*

In a battle...i think Lord Asriel would win i mean...his dæmon is a snow leopard...which rocks my socks. Mrs Couler has a golden monkey who is evil and has no-name!! Bah...he scares me more than Mrs Coulter herself *shiver*
***The Jesseble***

Cheese Hat

506 Reviews

Reviews: 506
Fri Dec 01, 2006 6:50 pm
Sureal says...

Snoink wrote:Hahaha... no. The Amber Spyglass sucked. I mean, how preachy can you get? It just went on and on and on... and DUDE. The character deaths were SOLAME.

Yeah.

The Golden Compass was the best one, by far.

Although I agree that the Northern Lights was the best of the books, I felt the Amber Spyglass was a close seconds - 'twas cool.
I wrote the above just for you.

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Dec 02, 2006 2:15 am
Snoink says...

Nah, Mrs. Coulter has always been blonde to me. ;)

Close second? Bah! The lame character deaths and random stupid character moments outweighs the actual coolness. Did I mention the preachiness? *stabs*

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Sat Dec 02, 2006 5:28 pm
Firestarter says...

Lord Asriel, because he's awesome. I mean, he killed Mrs.Coulter's husband, by slapping the gun out the way, knocking him to the ground with one punch, and then turned the gun on him and shot him! And there's other things about his heroism, saving people from drowning, etc.

All Coulter really has is her stupid daemon monkey. Asriel = gun = monkey stew!
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Sat Dec 02, 2006 5:29 pm
Emerson says...

I've never read His Dark Materials but I have a friend who was reading the...second one I think? She said it was good. So maybe I'll pick it up.
“It's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

Remember the rain that made your corn grow.
— Haitian Proverb