z

Young Writers Society

Two-sided Novel

131 Reviews

Reviews: 131
Fri Mar 03, 2006 11:44 pm
Crayon says...

I just finished reading a two-sided novel, every second chapter was from a girls point of view and the other ones were from a guys point of view. I thought it would be pretty cool to try do one, it''s not like the Characters need to madly in love, they don't even have to like each other! But if your interested in trying it out pm me!

I have the main females Character all worked out but thats about it!
Trying to survive "sweet sixteen."
---
<love> is sweet -suicide- and {[you]} are my LATEST a.t.t.e.m.p.t

266 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 266
Sat Mar 04, 2006 12:44 am
backgroundbob says...

Ever read Happenstance by Carol Shields? You read from the start to the middle, which is the husband's story, and then you close the book, flip it over and read inward from the other side, which is the wife's story of the same time frame: absolutely stunning book.
The Oneday Cafe
though we do not speak, we are by no means silent.

131 Reviews

Sat Mar 04, 2006 12:51 am
Crayon says...

Now that sounds cool! The book i was reading was Magenta Orange, It's not a very chananging read and actaully comes from three peoples point of views so they just have a chapter each and the events sort of overlap.
---

324 Reviews

Reviews: 324
Sat Mar 04, 2006 6:24 pm
-KayJuran- says...

'Noughts and Crosses' does the same sort of thing. i've had a similar idea but where the two people are from different times/worlds as well. past/future or something similar so using one POV you could compare something red to the colour of a London bus, the other you couldn't. no idea if it'll work though.

i'm sure your story'll be great. i think it would be interesting for you to work with a male, if you want the other person to do the male's POV. it'd work either way though i'm sure.

798 Reviews

Reviews: 798
Sat Mar 04, 2006 6:42 pm
Areida says...

That sounds really cool... And like Kay said, it would be neat if you and another guy did it, an every other chapter kind of a deal.
Got YWS?

"Most of us have far more courage than we ever dreamed we possessed."
- Dale Carnegie

131 Reviews

Sat Mar 04, 2006 8:03 pm
Crayon says...

I'm glad you guys think that because I've started one with a male so we have both the male and female points of veiw, I'm still keen on doing another one with somebody else though so If anybody else is still interested then im still open...
---

324 Reviews

Reviews: 324
Sat Mar 04, 2006 9:01 pm
-KayJuran- says...

Have you already got a plot, or would we be able to help contribute plot ideas..?

131 Reviews

Sat Mar 04, 2006 10:23 pm
Crayon says...

You can help contribute Plot ideas, I wouldn't want the novel to be my ideas only
---

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Sat Mar 04, 2006 11:09 pm
Jerikas says...

Going on the idea of the book where one half is from the guy's point of view and then you read the other half from the womans point of view you could have a war story or similar where you get the story from one soldier fighting for one side then the point of view of a soldier of the opposing side, you could use it to add a wierd twist like both sides thinking they one or something.
You could also try to do it from the point of view of the government then of a civilian and/or a soldier.
I think it's a really good way of writing bcause you can give the reader things that certain characters don't know which can be hard in other ways of writing.
In some books though I think there were too many points of view like in the Malorie Blackman books. Be careful not to fall into this trap.
I used up all my sick days, so I'm calling in dead.

He's not dead, he's electroencephalographically challenged.

798 Reviews

Reviews: 798
Sun Mar 05, 2006 1:51 am
Jiggity says...

Ha, I am said male who will be co-writing with Crayon. We've pretty much got the main plot figured, its all the little details now that need to be gone over and etc.
I am looking forward to it, should be cool.
Mah name is jiggleh. And I like to jiggle.

"Indecision and terror, thy name is novel." - Chiko

447 Reviews

Reviews: 447
Sun Mar 05, 2006 4:12 am
Duskglimmer says...

I've read books like that, too. I tried to do it once myself, but I got confused between the two perspectives and stopped half-way through.

I'd love to see what you and Crayon do.
The robbed that smiles, steals something from the thief. ~William Shakespeare, Othello
Boo. SPEW is watching.

131 Reviews

Sun Mar 05, 2006 7:07 am
Crayon says...

Oh just you wait dusky its ganna be great, oh and just incase anybody doesnt know its mwa hannah aka shadowdancer, i didnt feel like a shadow anymore :D
---

447 Reviews

Reviews: 447
Sun Mar 05, 2006 8:56 pm
Duskglimmer says...

I figured you were Shadowdancer. You kept your old avatar, so I didn't get too confused.

And I can't wait to read it (the two sided novel, that is)...
The robbed that smiles, steals something from the thief. ~William Shakespeare, Othello
Boo. SPEW is watching.

131 Reviews

Mon Mar 06, 2006 5:01 am
Crayon says...

Lol thats alright then....maybe im just a wanna be shadow...cause shes just so hot! ha ha just kidding, anyway its so cool your like my hero and now you wanna read my stuff *jumps around* w00t w00t!
---

820 Reviews

Reviews: 820
Mon Mar 06, 2006 10:59 am
Myth says...

I like the idea and have read Fingersmith which is about two peoples point of views of an event. I'd like to see what you come up with.
.: ₪ :.

'...'

I support the shrek message.
— MiniGem26