z

Young Writers Society

Looking For A Partner

402 Reviews

Reviews: 402
Thu Dec 27, 2007 8:02 pm
Wiggy says...

Acoustic, you should write your own story. :) Trust me, it's the only way it'll get written right. :D
"I will have to tell you, you have bewitched me body and soul..." --Mr. Darcy, P & P, 2005 movie
"You pierce my soul." --Cpt. Frederick Wentworth

Got YWS?

516 Reviews

Reviews: 516
Sun Jan 13, 2008 10:50 am
chocoholic says...

Yeah, I'd love to do a co-author, but I've been told I'm hard to work with.

I pretty much do anything apart from sci-fi or horror.

PM me if you're interested.
*Don't expect to see me around much in the next couple of weeks. School has started again, and it'll be a couple of weeks before I've settled in. If you've asked me for a critique, you will get it, but not for a little while. Sorry*

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Fri Feb 01, 2008 3:58 am
Black Zawisza says...

If there are any Star Fox fans on this forum (which I highly doubt), I would be interested in writing a fanfic based off of it. PM me for details.

13 Reviews

Reviews: 13
Thu Feb 14, 2008 8:57 pm
Ten Sweet Bliss says...

I'd like to co-author a short story or novel (which ever one) that centers around a fictional hard-rock band and their life on tour. If anyone's interested, please PM me, and we shall talk over hypothetical tea. :)
Holy cow... Niagra Falls... has stopped flowing...
-- Jared Leto

233 Reviews

Reviews: 233
Wed Aug 13, 2008 2:53 pm
Chirantha says...

Can anyone tell me that if someone is co-authoring a story, won't it be like copying an idea.I mean one person write a chapter and post it while the second chapter is written by the co-author.Won't it seem like copying?

If not I got a first person story, but told by two persons (both boys).

Firestalker, you are invited.
Warden: "If you want to lead, all you have to do is ask."
Alistair: "What? Lead? Me? No, no, no. No leading. Bad things happen when I lead. We get lost, people die, and the next thing you know I'm stranded somewhere without any pants."
- Dragon Age

Need a review?

157 Reviews

Reviews: 157
Sat Aug 30, 2008 11:06 pm
alwaysawriter says...

You're not copying; you're playing off each others' ideas. I don't really know how to explain it.

I'm looking for a writing partner. I basically stick with Romantic Fiction and Other Fiction so PM me if you're interested. :)

-alwaysawriter
Meshugenah says to (18:12:36):
Kat's my new favorite. other than Sachi.

WWJD: What Would Jabber Do?

695 Reviews

Reviews: 695
Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:03 pm
Angel of Death says...

If anyone wants to collaborate on a book, story or anything I'm your gal. PM me if anyone wants to work on something.
-Angel :D :D :D
True love, in all it’s celestial charm, and
star-crossed ways, only exist in a writer’s
mind, for humans have not yet learned
how to manifest it.

135 Reviews

Reviews: 135
Mon Oct 27, 2008 1:42 pm
niccy_v says...

i think i shall pass.

2 people do it at my writers group
They EPIC PASS
(opposite of epic fail, right?)
One begins a story, the other finishes it, or adds to it.
How they do it i have no clue but they did have a shocking argument the other day because the girl wanted the guy character to have a bloody punch up while the guy wanted the guy character to be the mediator and settle it.

After witnessing that, which dragged on for over an hour, i'm never ever ever going to share a story. Ever.

They can work, some people are great and goodluck to those who want to!

I'd love to but i know it won't work - i'm too private in the way i write to have somebody constantly reading it and then taking over *shudder*
Writing gives my life purpose

32 Reviews

Reviews: 32
Sun Nov 09, 2008 5:24 pm
Tusker93 says...

I'm writing a survival story at the moment. It's set after a nuclear holocaust, the world only has a few safe 'green zones' and this takes place across a small area in America, where a colony has escaped the WMDs and settled in a Valley with it's own microclimate and ecosystem. The colony has internal problems, foreign problems, the discovery of untouched 'green' farm land causes conflict between colonies, a whole new economy and trade starts between colonies.

I've come to a little bit of a halt on that because I suddenly became interested in another project, currently I've written 8000 words on 'Hope Valley' and if someone's willing to co-author, mentor or even just offer help it would be greatly appreciated.

I'm not sure if I'm effectively capturing the emotions of the characters (in particular, the female characters). If anyone with a bit of experience or even just enthusiasm for the project would like to help me push it on then that would be great. It's preferrable you have msn so it would be easier collaborate.

I'd hope to get this published at some point, so let's try and keep that in mind and as a goal while we write and discuss.

PM me if you're interested, hope to hear from you soon.

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Mon Jan 12, 2009 5:26 pm
powerofthree says...

I'd love to write anything with anyone, especially a novel. I'm sure we could work out a genre and plot over PMs. PM me please, if you are interested at all. Thanks!

I write every genre by the way, and write all sorts of forms of writing.
"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality."-Jules de Gaultier

"No man or woman who tries to pursue an ideal in his or her own way is without enemies."-Daisy Bates

152 Reviews

Reviews: 152
Mon Feb 16, 2009 4:41 pm
Musicaloo7311 says...

I'm not really interested in co-writing. I do a bit of it, but I mostly write novels, which I'd like to keep to myself. *laughs* Although, I'm writing a song to put in my book, and a friend is helping me on that one.

Anyway, this reminded me of something my friend told me. Most of my very close friends know I'm a writer, and one told me she was "writing a book for me, so that I could edit and put my name on it." (Those are her exact words.)
Anyway, I love this girl to death, but the story idea was just terrible! Gladly, she hasn't said anything more about it. But I have another friend who's a writer, who was there when she told me. We were holding back giggles. :wink:
Click-ity click! Reviews here. :)
The Completely Evil Plan.

"You treat me badly; I love you madly."
Formerly known as music_lover_7311.

160 Reviews

Reviews: 160
Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:20 pm
Krupp says...

I wouldn't be interested in writing a novel with someone. Maybe later when I feel ready for it; but right now, I have an idea for a poem that I'd love to work with someone, if they're interested. Kind of a split-personality type of poem. Pm me if interested. I wouldn't mind giving it a shot.
I'm advertising here: Rosetta...A Determinism of Morality...out May 25th...2010 album of the year, without question.

71 Reviews

Reviews: 71
Thu Apr 23, 2009 3:53 pm
Luvzi12 says...

Hi! I'm looking for a partner, I have in mind a sort of Sci-Fi TV Series, and I have loads of separate episode ideas, now I need to concentrate on the theme that runs throughout the series, you know like how the X-Files had Mulder & Scully etc. I have one that is similar to The 4400, but I just need a bit of help, maybe separating my two ideas, or combining them :P

Also, I'm going away over Summer, so this is only open until the beginning of June. Sorry about that, but I'd love to work with someone for a bit if anyone likes the idea!
Follow me on Twitter

263 Reviews

Reviews: 263
Tue Jun 16, 2009 3:55 am
Angels-Symphony says...

I've co-written once before, but it wasn't anything major. I wrote this adventure "series" with my best friend when we were n 8th grade. It was basically an ongoing adventure story that we'd write through notes and exhange after my algebra class. I keep all of the ones she wrote and she has all of the ones I wrote (I got lucky since her notes are nicer looking xD). I always thought that she was the one who came up with all of the hilariously amazing things in our adventure series, but when I looked back at the notes, I realized that I was the one who started the whole series and proposed most of the ideas. She just elaborated on it and sparkle-fied it.

So in other words, co-writing is really good if your partner supplements you, like vitamins. Lets say you're good at ideas and plot, and your friend is awesome at description, then bam! You've got yourself a good partner. But then again, you could always learn how to do both.

The best way to co-write is by switching off because if you tell each other to write certain chapters, they won't link together. Do it piece by piece, one after the other.

And do it with someone you get a long with, please.
You cannot dream yourself into a character; you must hammer and forge yourself into one.

The writer, when he is also an artist, is someone who admits what others don't dare reveal.

15 Reviews

Reviews: 15
Mon Jun 22, 2009 6:35 pm
Amaryllis says...

I'm willing to co-author with someone. I do sci-fi or fantasy primarily, but I'm also open to any other type of fiction (except horror, I'm no good at it and I have no love for it.). If you're open to it, PM me and we shall commence with an enormous brainstorm.
"It's my timey-wimey detector. It goes ding when there's stuff."

A poet is, before anything else, a person who is passionately in love with language.
— W.H. Auden