z

Young Writers Society

When writing, what is your most difficult challenge?

8 Reviews

Reviews: 8
Wed May 15, 2013 9:06 am
MagmaLlama says...

My problem is keeping it to the point, and having a use for characters once their main purpose is served. I mean, I know what they're going to do later on, but I worry about whether or not the reader is going to remember them. Also editing.
You can call me a geek,
You can call me a freak,
But if you do,
I'll kick you into next week.

47 Reviews

Reviews: 47
Sat Jul 06, 2013 10:36 pm
ForeverRebel says...

I typically will have trouble with two things in writing: writing the beginning of the story and coming up with characters' names.

I find it difficult to get the story rolling, and I often want to skip ahead to say, the middle of the book and start from there. It's kind of confusing to explain. I simply do not like writing the beginning.

As far as characters' names go, I can spend half an hour thinking of names for my characters. I'm extremely indecisive, so when I think I've found the perfect name for a character, I think of another name that I absolutely love. :?
"Think and wonder, wonder and think."

53 Reviews

Reviews: 53
Sun Aug 25, 2013 3:52 am
lyricalrebel says...

That would be finding the right words to describe a place or person. I can't seem to know which description should be omitted and regarded as nonsense
"Monsters are real, and ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes, they win."
—Stephen King

565 Reviews

Reviews: 565
Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:24 am
Stori says...

Padding the story out with details about the setting.

Reviews: 4
Wed Nov 26, 2014 1:36 am
TheKomodoDragon says...

Not erasing and starting over. I'm such a dang perfectionist it hurts...
Life is short. Creativity is forever.

94 Reviews

Reviews: 94
Thu Nov 27, 2014 1:51 am
View Likes
mephistophelesangel says...

Dialogues. The stupid dialogues that sound like something from a thousand years ago.

56 Reviews

Reviews: 56
Thu Nov 27, 2014 2:12 am
View Likes
methrirr123 says...

Continuing stories. It's all there, in my head, but having the discipline to write every bit of it... Isn't it enough just to assure people that it's a good story for them to enjoy it?

From the ashes a fire shall be woken,
A light from the shadows shall spring;
Renewed shall be blade that was broken,
The crownless again shall be king.

254 Reviews

Reviews: 254
Mon Dec 01, 2014 6:38 pm
IamTraunt says...

Probably trying not to use too much dialogue. Sometimes I go overboard and lack description.
Before you judge me...
Make sure you're perfect.

"Good friends, good books, and a sleepy conscience: this is the ideal life.”
― Mark Twain

170 Reviews

Reviews: 170
Mon Dec 01, 2014 7:25 pm
deleted5 says...

Dialogues sound really out of date and either having too little detail or too much. :/
I AM YOUR GOD. -AlexSushiDog
Checkmate Atheists.

36 Reviews

Reviews: 36
Mon Dec 01, 2014 8:29 pm
carmenbluestar says...

Some times I have a great idea, then when I've been writing for a bit I make the realization that there is no real plot and I'm sent back to square one.

36 Reviews

Reviews: 36
Mon Dec 01, 2014 8:36 pm
carmenbluestar says...

[quote="carmenbluestar"]Some times I have a great idea, then when I've been writing for a bit I make the realization that there is no real plot and I'm sent back to square one.

-Return to square one do not pass go,
Do not collect 200$

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Tue Dec 09, 2014 11:23 pm
Rosendorn says...

Hah. It's actually fun to look back and see what my old writing challenges were, because they've changed.

I now have more of an issue not repeating myself and committing completely to the repercussions of each emotional action. Subtlety and infodumping aren't anywhere near as much of an issue for me as they used to be.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

8 Reviews

Reviews: 8
Wed Dec 10, 2014 5:06 am
TurquoiseLion says...

LittlePetRock wrote: What is your most difficult challenge, and how are you changing it?
Probably... everything! Lol. Actually, it's hard for me too write relationships. Since I'm chronically single, I don't really have loads of experience and end up plagarising.
"Harry Potter is about confronting fears, finding inner strength and doing what is right in the face of adversity. Twilight is about how important it is to have a boyfriend." -Stephen King

110 Reviews

Reviews: 110
Wed Dec 10, 2014 5:20 am
Zolen says...

subtly levels, sometimes I say things that I think are clever but possible to figure out but nobody else spots without it being pointed out to them.
Self quoting is the key to sounding wise and all knowing.

It's Monday and you folks are beginning to wonder about the show, aren't you
— David Letterman