z

Young Writers Society

Annoying?

6 Reviews

Reviews: 6
Sat Apr 24, 2010 4:49 am
TNOandXadric says...

It's UK v US usage.

Is it? I'm from the U.S. and I think the -t looks much more... right than the -ed.
April: Um. What's with the weird special effects?
King Thing: Either it's an effect of the broken dream barriers or the fact that this was written with massive budget cuts in mind!
April: Wait, what?

36 Reviews

Reviews: 36
Thu Jun 03, 2010 2:01 am
MadameX says...

I tend to use smelled and smelt interchangably, depending on the voice of my character. Actually, spelt is a type of grain (a synonym for wheat I think), but it can also be used as the past tense of spelled. I think it just depends on preference. Use whichever you think is appropriate.
[url]thelibrarygirl.blogspot.com[/url] Everything Weird Happens at the Library

675 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 675
Thu Jun 03, 2010 2:56 am
lilymoore says...

That is something that took me a long time to figure out too, especially with the whole color/colour thing. That drove me nuts. I used to just think there were a whole lot of really stupid UKers out there...no offence.
Never forget who you are, for surely the world will not. Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness. Armor yourself in it, and it will never be used to hurt you.

240 Reviews

Reviews: 240
Thu Jun 03, 2010 4:32 am
Kaedee says...

American here uses the 't' instead of the 'ed'. Using 'ed' just looks...wrong! :P That's all I can say. And we're taught (where I live) that using the 't' is correct and the 'ed' is incorrect. I think. I thought it was like that for everybody, but...
Perfect things in life aren't things.
Spoiler! :
*_______*

411 Reviews

Reviews: 411
Thu Jun 03, 2010 10:58 am
BenFranks says...

lilymoore wrote:That is something that took me a long time to figure out too, especially with the whole color/colour thing. That drove me nuts. I used to just think there were a whole lot of really stupid UKers out there...no offence.

Well, it's our language ;)

It is better to deserve honors and not have them than to have them and not deserve them.
— Mark Twain