z

Young Writers Society

Potential Idea

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Fri Feb 19, 2010 4:13 am
thenextwriter says...

The following is a idea that came to me a couple days ago. I think it has potential how about you?

Its teeth were mingled. They were stained yellow and you could see the blood spots between its teeth. One couldn't believe their eyes. The look was disturbing.

61 Reviews

Reviews: 61
Fri Feb 19, 2010 4:44 am
LittlePetRock says...

I think this is posted in the wrong forum.
It sounds like a good idea, but I don't know enough about the 'idea' to know if I would like it or not. It has too much potential, the beast could be a monster, a rabid dog, or one of those confound vampires I have learned to hate so much.
You should write more, like say the prologue and chapter one.
Then post here.
Welcome to YWS though!
Star light; star bright,
It is time to take flight.
Off I go through the dark of night.
All my hopes and dreams in sight.

182 Reviews

Reviews: 182
Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:18 am
AspiringAuthorA..M. says...

thenextwriter wrote:The following is a idea that came to me a couple days ago. I think it has potential how about you?

Its teeth were mingled. They were stained yellow and you could see the blood spots between its teeth. One couldn't believe their eyes. The look was disturbing.

OK, shifting suddenly to a second person perspective does not work well for this piece, no matter how short.

I do like the basic introduction of it though. I'll be looking in to see if you choose to take this one step further by turning it into a story.

LittlePetRock suggested some good ideas by the way. You might consider looking into those. But, you are the writer, so the choice is all up to you. :wink:

- :smt059
"Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. The one who believes in me will live, even though they die; and whoever lives by believing in me will never die. Do you believe this?”
-John 11:25-26

126 Reviews

Reviews: 126
Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:57 am
PenNPaper says...

Hi, PenNPaper here!
This is the shortest ever story part I have ever seen, just a sentence, this isn't exactly an idea, I don't even know what you're talking about. If you want people to comment on it, make it longer, or else there would be nothing to say about it. You need to work on this, maybe do the prologue first, we would have a better idea if you did.

Good luck and keep writing, all the best! :D
Writing is all about imagination~

922 Reviews

Reviews: 922
Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:08 pm
GryphonFledgling says...

*moved to Fiction Discussion and Tips* You'll get more feedback here.

Hey there!

I agree that you need to expand on this a bit more to give us an idea of what you are going for here. The description seems like it could be cool, but with so little to go on, we have no idea what's happening. Expand a bit so we can give you more help?
I am reminded of the babe by you.

143 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 143
Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:38 pm
LovelessSummer says...

Hi, Loveless here to review your little, mini story, passage...thing.

This was short, but it seems like a good opening to a story. The word teeth in the first sentences seemed forced and was tip-toeing on the edge of repetition. Try finding another words for teeth, or taking out the second use of the word teeth compleatly.
Yes, you should continue a story out of this opening. It would be a very interesting read.

Big kiss, class dismissed!
Muffins 'n' Machine Guns x)
LoVeLeSs I review short stories and novels.

Always remember that you’re unique. Just like everyone else.

The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

We do have funerals for the living. They're called birthday parties.
— Jill Biden (fictitiously), Hope Never Dies