z

Young Writers Society

Need assistance.

198 Reviews

Reviews: 198
Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:28 pm
Dreamworx95 says...

A while ago I wrote a fantasy story up to 16 chapters before I decided to trash it completely and start from scratch. The new story I have has the same characters, but is set about 200 years later, with a different plotline. I'd like to post a few chapters up here for critique, but I don't want it getting mixed up with the former story. I was hoping a moderator could help me delete the original completely?

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:36 pm
ridersofdamar says...

that might not be completely necessary, but if thats what you want to do, look on the forum that it belongs in and there should be a list of people you can PM. If it as long as you say it is, you may want to upload it to Advanced Critiques, which is for longer stories.

What I recommend is to merely change what you call it, and in the first chapter offer an explanation (what you said here) that way no one gets confused.
Words - so innocent and powerless as they are, as standing in a dictionary, how potent for good and evil they become in the hands of one who knows how to combine them. ~Nathaniel Hawthorne

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:46 pm
Rosendorn says...

If you want to get rid of confusion, change your titles so they don't show up in "Related Works" feature. Label them "[old]" or something similar, or just delete the title and replace it with [old] or [deleted]. :)

In actuality, moderators don't delete whole threads to preserve old reviews. You can delete the text as well as changing the title.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

537 Reviews

Reviews: 537
Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:51 pm
Evi says...

In addition to what Rosey said (editing the text so it's deleted and changing the title) you can also lock your threads in the literary forums. Go to the bottom right of each thread where it says "Quick Mod Tools" under the "Jump to" option, and click 'go' to select Lock Topic. Having a topic locked means no new posts cane be made, and therefore the thread can't be bumped.

Also, you can edit your portfolio to make the old story invisible from there, if you totally want to wipe it out. ;) Under the editing part of the portfolio, you'll have an option to "Make _____ invisible to others" Click that, and you should be all set!
"Let's eat, Grandma!" as opposed to "Let's eat Grandma!": punctuation saves lives.

Act in the valley so that you need not fear those who stand on the hill.
— Danish proverb