z

Young Writers Society

Fantasy Writers, Stand Up!

565 Reviews

Reviews: 565
Sat Feb 06, 2010 5:06 pm
Stori says...

Animal fiction, much? I'm planning a story with those oh so popular beasts:
wolves. Plus a little "magic" which is really the characters fooling around.
It's all good.

66 Reviews

Reviews: 66
Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:43 am
CelticaNoir says...

I, Fantasy. :3
I am the workingman, the inventor, the maker of the world's food and clothes.
I am the audience that witnesses history.
- Carl Sandburg, I am the People, the Mob

117 Reviews

Reviews: 117
Sat Mar 13, 2010 6:17 pm
napalmerski says...

Fantasy and Sci-fi have been my deepest loves since I was... eight. Sci-fi that is. Fantasy appeared at ten in the guise of the fellowship of the ring.
And then at 12 Zelazny, Moorcock and Howard became very close friends.
I tend to rant and gibber about fantasy, what's good, what's bad, what's quality and what's soap opera, but in the end - all fantasy is welcome. The more the better. With and without elves.
she got a dazed impression of a whirling chaos in which steel flashed and hacked, arms tossed, snarling faces appeared and vanished, and straining bodies collided, rebounded, locked and mingled in a devil's dance of madness.
Robert Howard

6 Reviews

Reviews: 6
Sat Apr 24, 2010 4:35 am
TNOandXadric says...

I have always loved fantasy, and science fiction to a lesser extent (though I absolutely adore steampunk). I didn't really start reading until I was about eight and discovered the genre, so it's always sort of stuck with me. As such, most of my own work ends up being fantasy set in a vaguely steampunkish society. Usually my worlds are also complete crapsacks because it's completely legal to take out my sadistic urges on fictional characters. If I'm feeling really malicious I'll shoot for dystopian.
April: Um. What's with the weird special effects?
King Thing: Either it's an effect of the broken dream barriers or the fact that this was written with massive budget cuts in mind!
April: Wait, what?

41 Reviews

Reviews: 41
Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:27 pm
tanith14 says...

Joined.

Not really a high fantasy guy but I do love gritty, dark fantasy
If there is one thing in the world I CAN'T stand it is the Redwings.

31 Reviews

Reviews: 31
Fri Apr 30, 2010 1:17 pm
austenite says...

Hippie wrote:I mostly read YA stuff like The Hunger Games and Unwind. I read a bit in the crime and action genres as well. Don't like literary fiction.

That's the same with me, I love the Hunger Games and that style of fantasy. I love A Great and Terrible Beauty and The Mortal Instruments as well!

I wrote a novella of the fantasy kind once, about far off lands, princes, trolls and dragons and such.

My current writing project is a mixture of Victorian and urban fantasy, about immortality and guardians etc.

Group joined!
I will eviscerate you in fiction. Every pimple, every character flaw. I was naked for a day; you will be naked for eternity.
Chaucer, A Knight's Tale

Deceiving others. That is what the world calls a romance.
Oscar Wilde

12 Reviews

Reviews: 12
Mon May 17, 2010 9:46 am
Kibble says...

I'm more of a sci-fi person myself, though my Nanowrimo had some mystical elements to it. I like reading urban fantasy especially, but I seem to fail at writing it.

I have an idea for a fantasy novel, but I really need to read more fantasy to get "in the mood" to write it.
"You are altogether a human being, Jane? You are certain of that?"
"I conscientiously believe so, Mr Rochester."
~ Jane Eyre

45 Reviews

Reviews: 45
Wed May 19, 2010 12:23 am
Earthfire713 says...

Fantasy is the best!

Even strength must bow to wisdom sometimes.
— Rick Riordan, The Lightning Thief