z

Young Writers Society

Witch hunters

121 Reviews

Reviews: 121
Tue Jul 07, 2009 12:42 am
PhoenixBishop says...

So I had a idea. In my book their are witch hunters. Witch hunters are created by a average human drinking the blood of a witch or wizard, which gives them inhuman strength, speed, and anti wizard powers. Such as absorbing magical blows. I further thought since they drink blood that maybe their vampires. You see in my world vampires don't exist and witch hunters were mistaken as demons many years ago and thus the legend of vampires.

Obviously since their not true vampires they wouldn't be subjected by all the things that supposedly kill them. No bursting in the sun or pale skin. They look and like regular humans. And I have devised reason for most of the stereotypes about vampires. Note they do not call themselves vampires, and they aren't because vampires don't exist.

Also I was wondering if I should give them fangs. It would tie into to them being the base of the vampire legends.

I was just wondering if die hard vampire fans would be mad at me for trouncing on all the legends.

Is this a good idea
This is one little planet in one tiny solar system in a galaxy that’s barely out of its diapers. I’m old, Dean. Very old. So I invite you to contemplate how insignificant I find you.

Death~

25 Reviews

Reviews: 25
Sat Jul 11, 2009 4:48 pm
Dark Eyed Pixie says...

It's your story and your idea, so no one could tell you you were wrong.
Maybe, since drinking the blood causes changes in them, it could change their teeth to, making them more perfect (like the kind you'd see in an airbrushed photo) and the canines more prononced. People could maybe mistake them for fangs.
Hope this has maybe given you a few use-able ideas!
xxxx
Meet me here beneath the burning skies....

15 Reviews

Reviews: 15
Thu Jul 16, 2009 5:39 pm
wolf4 says...

I think that this sounds like a really neat idea! I hope that you stick with it and post it on YWS some time.

~Wolfy
Don't follow in my footsteps. I run into walls.

Sometimes, it's best not to question your friends. Just help them dump the body into the river.

Even if the voices aren't real, they have pretty good ideas.

Writing isn't an excuse for insanity. It's a reason.

53 Reviews

Reviews: 53
Sat Jul 18, 2009 9:18 pm
defendthelegend says...

I think it is a really good idea
but don't ever doubt your idea, because you will doubt your whole thing not good.

lol
but trust me it's a strong Idea and I thought this about all mine, as long as you are happy and you like the idea, and you think it will go well then it will. Not everyone's going to like it and thats fact, but as long as you are proud of it at the end then thats what matters

so stay true and proud and go with the flow :wink:
I wrote your name in the sand and the sea washed it away! I wrote your name in my heart and there it will stay.

15 Reviews

Reviews: 15
Mon Jul 20, 2009 5:55 pm
Aina says...

You said vampires don't exist in your world so in my opinion it is perfectly fine to give vampire roumors a source other than vampires.

I love vampires in almost all thier forms.
What I like the least are: Clicé vampires unless the book is the source of the clicé (like Dracula)
What I like the most are: Vampires that defy clicé in every possible way. Even if that means they arent vampires! - Like your witch hunters

I love your idea so much that I am going to ask you:
Will you please, please PM me when you post the first part of this?
"Do you choose the path you walk upon or does it choose you?" - Abhorsen by Garth Nix

(freely translated form the language I read it in)

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Mon Jul 20, 2009 6:16 pm
ridersofdamar says...

Im going along with Aina, your idea is brilliant because it would actually happen. If there were legends of a monster, people naturally try and pin it to something, and your witch hunters seem a natural choice. I think its a great idea, and I too would like a PM when you post it.
Words - so innocent and powerless as they are, as standing in a dictionary, how potent for good and evil they become in the hands of one who knows how to combine them. ~Nathaniel Hawthorne

gonna be honest, i dont believe in the moon
— sheyren