z

Young Writers Society

Creating a Story

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Tue Mar 10, 2009 5:26 pm
Amber says...

[size=x-small]I have been trying to think of some ideas for a story i iwant to write but i cannot think of anything. If any of you have any ideas at all if would be very helpful.
Thanks.[/size]
-Amber

108 Reviews

Reviews: 108
Tue Mar 10, 2009 7:09 pm
KailaMarie says...

Well what kind of stuff do you like to write about?
... :D ...
[url]spottedturtle.tumblr.com[/url]

146 Reviews

Reviews: 146
Sat Mar 14, 2009 1:45 am
SeleneForeverDream says...

Oh, if you want to get a story idea just take a shower. That's strangely where all my good stories originate from, or if you remember what you had dreamed and write it down, because that works too.

Don't be afraid to think outside the box, because your idea could be anything you want and it's you who decides. Sorry, I'm just talking about how wonderful writing is, but the beautiful part is that it's your own words and is unique in every way. So have fun coming up with an idea!

And welcome to YWS! :D
Got YWS?

You judge others upon their actions, but you judge yourself by your intention.

1464 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1464
Tue Mar 17, 2009 12:59 pm
JabberHut says...

Hmm...

I told a friend this not long ago, but what I do is think "What if" questions. ^_^

Like... my cell phone. It's on vibrate; whenever I get a message or a call, it's gonna vibrate. Well, what if it vibrates but I don't get either a message or a call? It just randomly vibrated... o_o Or what if it when it vibrated, I opened it, and it exploded like a bomb, ending my life then and there. o____o

Otherwise, inspiration just kinda comes. Sometimes I'll watch movies or read the backs of books at the store/library. If I can gather multiple ideas and throw them together into one story, no one will know I stole them. ^_^

Have fun! =D

Jabber, the One and Only!
I make my own policies.

122 Reviews

Reviews: 122
Tue Mar 17, 2009 1:34 pm
WaterVyper says...

Like Jabber said, What If questions are great for this sort of stuff. Also, I tend to grab a sheet of paper and scribble on it for a while. One day, I made a scribble that looked like a butterfly with a clown face and many ideas ame from that. But whatever strategy you use, the best thing to do is write. Just jot down a random sentence and see what you can gather from there.

Good luck!
There once was a cat.
He wasn’t particularly fat.
Fuzzy was his favorite mat.
And really, that was that.

Oh, but did you really think so?
Keep reading, it’s just the start of the show!
And as for how far this tale will go…
Well, even the cat doesn’t know.

157 Reviews

Reviews: 157
Tue Mar 17, 2009 5:36 pm
alwaysawriter says...

Look up "writing prompts" on Google. You can look around for ideas on LiveJournal or even use the plot game we have on here (go to Community then press Download and Games). :)

-alwaysawriter
Meshugenah says to (18:12:36):
Kat's my new favorite. other than Sachi.

WWJD: What Would Jabber Do?

160 Reviews

Reviews: 160
Wed Mar 18, 2009 11:52 pm
Krupp says...

Just come up with some concepts. Put yourself in a situation that is not typical. Place yourself in the heat of a critical moment in life that can change the lives of many.

These are just ways to figure it all out. Seriously, coming up with ideas is probably one of the best parts about writing.
I'm advertising here: Rosetta...A Determinism of Morality...out May 25th...2010 album of the year, without question.

11 Reviews

Reviews: 11
Tue Mar 24, 2009 5:43 pm
norm91 says...

All these tips are some good ideas about how to conjure good ideas!!

I have one that I am going to write in the summer, it basically is taken straight from my own life with little twists. Basically, its about a guy who is stuck in the past and is missing all the great chances that he could have had by being stuck in the past. This is roughly from my own life over the past two years of being hung-up on a girl and missed other great chances!

So there's my tip. What's the main issues and points in your life? Use them!!

Oh.. failing that, always good to work up ideas when on the "throne"..

365 Reviews

Reviews: 365
Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:01 pm
Fishr says...

Lol at the "throne." Eh, if I started getting ideas on the toilet, I'd say I've reached rock bottom - no offense.

Well, you could alway do what I did. Stick your left foot into the fan while it was running at full power! It was purely accidental but hey, it sure was ... erm, [insert adjectives here].
The sadness drains through me rather than skating over my skin. It travels through every cell to reach the ground. I filter it yet strangely enough, I keep what was pure and it is the dirt that leaves.

369 Reviews

Reviews: 369
Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:34 pm
Conrad Rice says...

Go for a walk and let your mind wander. I've found that often helps me when I'm needing a story idea. Really, just clearing your mind and then thinking about the first thing that comes along is rather helpful.
Garrus Vakarian is my homeboy.

206 Reviews

Reviews: 206
Wed Mar 25, 2009 5:00 am
Lil_Pau says...

OK...um...let me see...

-Try listening to music. Maybe you can get an image from the song and form some sort of story.

-Ask yourself 'what if' questions. They can really stimulate a story.

-Try looking through newspapers. Maybe the articles can inspire you to write something. ^^

I hope this was helpful. Good luck! :)
Hope for the best, but prepare for the worst.

277 Reviews

Reviews: 277
Thu Mar 26, 2009 7:31 pm
Master_Yoda says...

Hey Amber,

I just wrote an article about story building. I really hope that it helps. Here's the link:
http://www.youngwriterssociety.com/viewarticlebody.php?t=45759

Good luck with the writing! :)
#TNT

The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep.
-- Robert Frost

I review your reviews: viewtopic.php?f=188&t=94522

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Tue Mar 31, 2009 8:07 pm
Chloe(: says...

Watch TV. Even if the only thing on is Sesame Street. Ask yourself questions; what if Baby Bear's mom had to have an abortion while pregnant with Curly Bear? What if Dorothy got sick?
What if's help me. Same with whys' and hows'.
So start questioning!
Formerly known as Vivacious.

Full of Cliches:a challenge to see who can write a piece with the most cliches.

I am proud of my self, the reason why some of you might disagree with me a little with, but nevertheless I still proud.
— Oxara