z

Young Writers Society

Help?

Reviews: 2
Thu Mar 05, 2009 3:14 pm
freewriter says...

Well, I want to write a novel. Really bad. So I've decided to write a story about foxes, like fiction foxes they will talk and probably be much smarter than the average fox. This may even become a series. Im just wondering if you would read it, what you think etc. Thankies!
"Mommy, why does that man smell like cheese?"

160 Reviews

Reviews: 160
Thu Mar 05, 2009 6:05 pm
Krupp says...

First, just concentrate on writing it before you worry about what other people think. The actual writing is more important than anything else.
I'm advertising here: Rosetta...A Determinism of Morality...out May 25th...2010 album of the year, without question.

239 Reviews

Reviews: 239
Fri Mar 06, 2009 12:00 am
MeadowLark says...

I agree with Krupp. Develop your idea more and begin writing on it. Once you've worked with it lots and whether you think it is a good idea, then perhaps you could ask this question. Also, it depends on how it is written.

Meadow
Purple light in the canyon
that is where I long to be
With my three good companions
just my rifle, pony and me

--- "My Rifle My Pony and Me"

Random avatar

Reviews: 20
Sat Mar 07, 2009 2:27 pm
MySunshine says...

Same here. The one you want to impress most with your story is (or should be ;)) yourself first.
If you don't like it, then there's only a slight chance others will, right?
So I would focus on writing first.

I agree with MeadowLark - whether I'll be interested in reading depends on how it's written.
I generally don't really like supernatural stuff and fantasy, but if it's written well, then I'm more willing to read it.

Good luck ;)
MySunshine
♥And if you go, I wanna go with you. And if you die, I wanna die with you♥

115 Reviews

Reviews: 115
Sun Mar 15, 2009 4:43 pm
mhmmcolleenx0 says...

I agree with everbody else. What is going to happen to these foxes will determine if I'd read it or not. If it's just about some random foxes who go around talking to each other then I wouldn't read it. I'm not that into fantasy but if you write it well...then it's a different story.

Just work on developing it a little more.
"Can't stop, won't stop. I must be dreaming."

369 Reviews

Reviews: 369
Wed Mar 25, 2009 2:41 am
Conrad Rice says...

Sounds good. Just try to make your story unique. There is a series called Redwall that is rather similar, and if you don't try to make yours different people are just going to call it a copycat and overlook it.
Garrus Vakarian is my homeboy.

245 Reviews

Reviews: 245
Wed Mar 25, 2009 2:51 am
LowKey says...

^^ There's also a series called Warrior Cats -- maybe you've heard of it? I think we might have a club for it somewhere on here. Same idea, but talking cats.

Talking foxes sounds like it'd be a fun read, but what happens? What's the plot? The story could have aliens from Mars and tap-dancing Elvis clones, but it's the plot that would determine whether or not I would read it. :) Go for it, though! If you post any of it, I'd definitely like to read it. I'd be more than happy to critique it for you. ^_^ Just toss me a PM, yes?
Necropolis SB / Necropolis DT

Once was Dreamer, is now LowKey_Lyesmith.

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.

206 Reviews

Reviews: 206
Wed Mar 25, 2009 4:56 am
Lil_Pau says...

Foxes huh? Sounds cute. I look forward to reading it. Good luck on developing the plot! ^^
Hope for the best, but prepare for the worst.

I understand what you're saying, and your comments are valuable, but I'm gonna ignore your advice.
— Roald Dahl