z

Young Writers Society

Fare to Midland

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:35 am
ridersofdamar says...

so i am writing a story for school and i need a little help with it. I dont want to post it on here until I'm done and that creates a problem. I want help but I dont know exactly what I need. I know what the plot is, and I know how I want it to go. I am just at a hard part because I dont have a writing style. I don know which style of writing works best for me and that makes it hard to write. Each piece i write seams as if its writen by another person and its driving me crazy. anyway if you have any way that you can help then Id be glad to have some advice.
Words - so innocent and powerless as they are, as standing in a dictionary, how potent for good and evil they become in the hands of one who knows how to combine them. ~Nathaniel Hawthorne

312 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 312
Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:41 pm
Mars says...

Well...there's not much we can do unless you post it up. And don't worry about criticism, because we'll all do our best to help. But anyway, if you're worried about writing style, it isn't something that you can just decide, you know? Everyone's is different, and the only way to discover your voice is to write as much as you can. It will make itself known.

Good luck!
'life tastes sweeter when it's wrapped in poetry'
-the wombats

critiques // nano

115 Reviews

Reviews: 115
Wed Feb 18, 2009 12:23 am
mhmmcolleenx0 says...

Nobody is going to say "Oh that sucked." Trust me. So post it up and people will help.
"Can't stop, won't stop. I must be dreaming."

'Hush, hush!' I whispered; 'people can have many cousins and of all sorts, Miss Cathy, without being any the worse for it; only they needn't keep their company, if they be disagreeable and bad.
— Emily Bronte, Wuthering Heights