z

Young Writers Society

What is your favorite atribute in a charcater?

71 Reviews

Reviews: 71
Mon Dec 29, 2008 6:28 pm
fragile_heart(!) says...

I love love love sarcasm and humor. I guess since I use it so much I'm just attuned to it, but it just really brightens up a story.

For example, (some dialoge from my current story):

Adam: "How could I, or anyone for that matter, enjoy seeing someone in pain?"
Veronica: "You'd be surprised at how many Canadians and Americans watch wrestling."
Adam: *rolls eyes* "Not what I meant."

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Mon Dec 29, 2008 8:24 pm
Rosendorn says...

I'm with you there. I love Neal from Protector of the Small (Peirce). Some dialogue:

Neal: You are an education, Keldry of Minderlan.
Kel(dry): I'm not sure that's a complement.
Neal: Neither am I.

I also love, fire. A desire to get things done for the right reasons, and because you care enough about the task.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

263 Reviews

Reviews: 263
Tue Dec 30, 2008 9:27 pm
Angels-Symphony says...

I like sarcasm and humor too ^^

But I also like the characters that are shy and don't know how to show how they feel so they end up sounded obnoxious and idiotic. xD
You cannot dream yourself into a character; you must hammer and forge yourself into one.

The writer, when he is also an artist, is someone who admits what others don't dare reveal.

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Tue Dec 30, 2008 11:43 pm
Feminition says...

I love it when society's antagonists are turned into protagonists. That's why I loved the HBO miniseries House of Saddam, as it made me actually like and pity Saddam and his sons. That's pretty damn good scriptwriting, if you ask me.

Characters that are good at technology and either bad or average at everything else yet manage to be okay socially really interest me, because y'know, techies, yum, etc.

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Tue Dec 30, 2008 11:46 pm
Ducati says...

Weakness. I find it so compelling.
When you look at your life, in a strange new room, maybe drowning soon, is this the start of it all?

160 Reviews

Reviews: 160
Wed Dec 31, 2008 12:17 am
Krupp says...

Grit. I rarely write about this kind of person, because I'm worried that it'll end up with a flawless character, and I don't want that. Maybe some day I'll write about a guy or gal with real grit that doesn't fit the stereotypical kind of gritty person.
I'm advertising here: Rosetta...A Determinism of Morality...out May 25th...2010 album of the year, without question.

122 Reviews

Reviews: 122
Tue Jan 06, 2009 1:07 am
WaterVyper says...

I like compassion in a character, as well as a bit of tragedy. That makes things a lot more fun. I don't like the 'out for revenge' character as that is much too cliché. And yeah, I agree with most of the above. Sarcasm is fun too.
There once was a cat.
He wasn’t particularly fat.
Fuzzy was his favorite mat.
And really, that was that.

Oh, but did you really think so?
Keep reading, it’s just the start of the show!
And as for how far this tale will go…
Well, even the cat doesn’t know.

108 Reviews

Reviews: 108
Tue Jan 06, 2009 9:25 pm
KailaMarie says...

I love when love stories are a little awkward. It's so cute!
... :D ...
[url]spottedturtle.tumblr.com[/url]

78 Reviews

Reviews: 78
Tue Jan 06, 2009 9:38 pm
thefireinmeisJC says...

I like a number of characteristics in characters (tongue twister...) namely humor, caring, and nerdy. Nerdy can get stereotyped a lot like Lord of the Rings obsessed, computer geek, glasses, braces, weird way of talking, and totally socially challenged. Though I can't help but remember the Gordy from "The Absolutely True Diary of a Part Time Indian".
Ex. dialogue

Junior: So want to be friends?
Gordy: I assure you, I'm not a homosexual.

Ok...I guess you have to read it in context xD :P
Give hugs not bombs or whatever that saying says

287 Reviews

Reviews: 287
Wed Jan 07, 2009 3:03 am
Maki-Chan says...

My favorite thing about characters is not being perfect. I hate characters whom seem like everything is perfect and nothing bad can ever happen to them. I would rather read about a character with an anger problem or a character who is a coward!
check out my deviantart account ^_^
http://maki121.deviantart.com/

160 Reviews

Reviews: 160
Wed Jan 07, 2009 3:19 am
Loose says...

Red hair.

I know that's a weird thing to love, but it's true.

Having been a fellow red head myself (now I've been told my hair is a strawberry brown) I find myself bonding more towards my red characters than any others.

At the minute I am writing a story whose main character is blonde and she has a red friend. The red is by far my favourite, which will make it hard to develop the blonde as the MC. XD

10 Reviews

Reviews: 10
Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:47 am
ButterFlyInk says...

I LOVE intellegence.Its hot!!!! especially the character(s) Dr. Spencer Reid and Penelope Garcia from criminal minds XD

Characters like them are awesome, unfortunately i can't create them that well. :P
["DD:why are you wearing 2 hats? GM: because i have 2 hats!" XD ]

"my mind isn't working properly..and so my fingers are following the trend." ~ Me

6 Reviews

Reviews: 6
Wed Jan 21, 2009 8:50 pm
Hotaru-Kun says...

Insanity :D And I'm a love characters who provide a kind of Cassandra truth. ^^
Sometimes you have to look beyond what you see, if that fails... Just listen to Cher.

565 Reviews

Reviews: 565
Thu Jan 22, 2009 12:00 am
Stori says...

Perseverance. Plain and simple.

Reviews: 3
Tue Feb 10, 2009 2:30 am
Syuka says...

My favorite attributes are definitely: intelligence, humor, compassion, maybe a little sarcastic and shy around new people
if you would be a writer - then write!

When a body moves, it's the most revealing thing. Dance for me a minute, and I'll tell you who you are.
— Mikhail Baryshnikov