z

Young Writers Society

When is the perfect weather?

192 Reviews

Reviews: 192
Tue Aug 19, 2008 2:38 am
Livinginfantasy says...

Is there any type of weather where you prefer to read or write? Sunny, Cloudy, Humid...

I don't know, this may seem like a strange question, but maybe some of you have a preferred writing/reading type of weather.

I prefer when it's raining; pouring actually. It doesn't matter if it's the happiest thing on earth... I like the steady patter of rain while I'm writing or reading.

How 'bout you? :)
Last edited by Livinginfantasy on Tue Aug 19, 2008 2:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

402 Reviews

Reviews: 402
Tue Aug 19, 2008 2:45 am
Clo says...

When I write to tend be all closed up somewhere and don't even notice the weather. I suppose not sunny - then I would be outside!
How am I not myself?

277 Reviews

Reviews: 277
Tue Aug 19, 2008 4:17 am
Black Ghost says...

It's funny, I also really enjoy the rain. ^_^

I don't know, there is something so calming about having it rain outside, that I always feel so at peace. It's weird, since while everyone is gloomy during the winter, I'm the happiest out of the whole year.v :P So yeah, I would prefer to write when it's raining, especially if I was right next to a window, so I could see the rain hitting the glass.

Wow, just thinking about it make me feel like writing something. xD

[s]BlackGhost[/s]
Last edited by Black Ghost on Tue Aug 19, 2008 4:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

504 Reviews

Reviews: 504
Tue Aug 19, 2008 4:23 am
Dream Deep says...

I like summer rain, heavy downpours which last all day - or better yet, start the night before. You wake up to a pale morning with the sound of droplets on the roof, get to watch the deluge from the window or a covered porch, feel the freshness washing down from the clouds. This feeling is especially poignant in the country, when the moisture heightens the smell of the grass and of the forest.

It is truly the epitome of natural tranquility. To be able to write in that atmosphere is amazing, as if the Muses themselves wandered down from on high to pay you a special visit.

[It is, in my mind, the very best weather to have, outdoors or in. I like getting caught in the rain as much as I like watching it. Only, not getting caught in the rain with books or paper. That would be a tragedy. ... I think I would do very well in England.]

192 Reviews

Reviews: 192
Tue Aug 19, 2008 4:36 am
Livinginfantasy says...

Black Ghost wrote:So yeah, I would prefer to write when it's raining, especially if I was right next to a window, so I could see the rain hitting the glass.

Same here. I do that all the time... my brother thinks it's creepy. :lol:

Dream Deep wrote:It is truly the epitome of natural tranquility. To be able to write in that atmosphere is amazing, as if the Muses themselves wandered down from on high to pay you a special visit.

I couldn't of said it better myself! Beautiful way of putting it, Deep (if I may call you that; after that comment it seems to fit you).

47 Reviews

Reviews: 47
Tue Aug 19, 2008 3:19 pm
ProfessorRabbit says...

Not rain...

I like it when the air is crisp and wet because it's rained recently, but the skies are starting to clear up, and it's starting to get dark out, and it's all just so perfect.

:P

I also like fog.
Frylock, please, no books! I can't read; I'm not a loser!
-Master Shake

125 Reviews

Reviews: 125
Thu Aug 21, 2008 5:50 pm
PerforatedxHearts says...

When everything's cold and sloshy and incredibly pouring/thundering/lightning-display-ing.

Because I live in Texas and we are so, so deprived of that privilege. I should just move to England or something.
"Video games don't affect kids. If Pacman had affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills, and listening to repetitive electronic music." --anonymous/banner.

26 Reviews

Reviews: 26
Thu Aug 21, 2008 8:40 pm
patience_isnt says...

Not when it's storming really bad, because then I have to watch the lightning and listen to the rain on the grass. And when it's nice out, I want to be outside. I guess if it's dealthy hot or snowing or something that I don't want to be outside, I'll write. But I'm usually closed up so I don't know what it's like outside.

But just recently, I had to discribe a storm outside, so I'm still waiting for a really good thunder storm to hit the city. (Not that I've never seen one before, but it's so much easier to discribe something if you're seeing it live.)
"Whoa, whoa, whoa! What are you girls doing?"

"Peeing on a stick, you wanna try?"

-My C, Nick, and MC, Kayla.

160 Reviews

Reviews: 160
Thu Aug 21, 2008 8:55 pm
Krupp says...

I hate weather. I'm constantly depressed when it rains; that's when I can never write anything. So I really don't care about weather especially, and if it rains, I usually just get angry and bitter about everything.

It's a good thing I don't live in Harrogate, England anymore...I might've killed someone if I was still there right now.
I'm advertising here: Rosetta...A Determinism of Morality...out May 25th...2010 album of the year, without question.

17 Reviews

Reviews: 17
Fri Aug 22, 2008 5:37 pm
Lena says...

I don't have much a choice, it rains almost every day where I live, even in the summer. I don't pay much attention to it, but I am more likely to be outside playing soccer or playing with my dogs when it's sunny. When I do right, I always lock myself in my bedroom and draw the shades, I don't pay much attention to the writer.
she's a runner, rebel and a stunner, lookin' down the barrel of a hot metal .45, just another way to survive...

myspace? http://www.myspace.com

19 Reviews

Reviews: 19
Sat Aug 23, 2008 12:18 am
Anijumper says...

Weather doesn't really affect me that much (it mostly rains here anyway...). Temperature, however, is bothersome. My room is always the coldest/hottest in the house. I can write when it's cold (the laptop warms me up lol), but when it's too hot, forget it. I can't do anything when it's burning outside (don't have air conditioning).

438 Reviews

Reviews: 438
Sat Aug 23, 2008 3:08 am
JFW1415 says...

I read in the rain, write during perfect weather, so when I'm stuck I can lie on my bed and look outside and get inspiration.

~JFW1415

758 Reviews

Reviews: 758
Sat Aug 23, 2008 3:09 am
Cade says...

Reading is actually the only time I'm happy during the winter...I mostly don't care for winter. It's terribly cold here, and terribly snowy, from late October/early November to March. It's dreary and not very sunny and it's depressing...most normal activities become unhappy. But reading when it's cold outside is wonderful.
"My pet, I've been to the devil, and he's a very dull fellow. I won't go there again, even for you..."

8 Reviews

Reviews: 8
Wed Aug 27, 2008 4:15 am
Rakun says...

Sincerely, I prefer the autumn season.
Don't matter what, just WRITE!

Do you YWS?

157 Reviews

Reviews: 157
Sat Aug 30, 2008 11:02 pm
alwaysawriter says...

I don't really have a prefeered weather, since I'm rarely outside (unless you count walking to and from the bus top, which I'm out there for about twenty minutes) I'm normally in my room and don't pay much attention to the outside weather. It's nice when it rains, sometimes, but other times, the rain won't let me think--the pitter-patter annoys me. If it's hot, however, I won't write. I guess if it's at an inbetween--not too hot and not too cold.
Meshugenah says to (18:12:36):
Kat's my new favorite. other than Sachi.

WWJD: What Would Jabber Do?

The illiterate of the 21st century will not be those who cannot read and write, but those who cannot learn, unlearn, and relearn.
— Alvin Toffler