z

Young Writers Society

Help me YWS! T_T

220 Reviews

Reviews: 220
Sat Jul 05, 2008 10:52 pm
Sleeping Valor says...

This is for my novel Kidnapped. When Lara is kidnapped as part of a practical joke, things turn a little ugly and someone dies. Since she's a witness, the killer won't allow her to go home and takes her with him when he goes to someone who can help him 'dissapear'.

Problem: In the custody and under the threats of a very scared, slowly going crazy killer (because you'd be off your rocker too if you'd accidentaly killed someone. I think >_>) I can't see Lara as being terribly relaxed. But I also don't want her to spend the first 80% of the novel scared out of her mind.

The story is also written from first person.

Choices:

a) She gets angry, thus fear is forgotten.

b) She, for some reason (help?), becomes confident and brave. Maybe she sucks it up and realized wimpering won't save her butt?

c) I can write it all (it's first person, btw) after the fact, so she could say 'I was scared' without the tone of the writing actually needing to be scared. ish. >_>

d) Other suggestions??

I need to get over this hurdle if I want to start the novel with its new plot. Please and thank you everyone!
I'm like that song stuck in your head; I come and I go, but never truly dissapear.

And apparently I also write a blog.

160 Reviews

Reviews: 160
Sat Jul 05, 2008 11:06 pm
Krupp says...

I would suggest a combination of options A and B....seeing as that is how I would be anywhow.
I'm advertising here: Rosetta...A Determinism of Morality...out May 25th...2010 album of the year, without question.

713 Reviews

Reviews: 713
Sat Jul 05, 2008 11:49 pm
BigBadBear says...

I think this would be amazingly good if she was terrified. I mean, if you are kidnapped, you're gonna be scared. You could make this a very intense thriller.

-Jared
Just write -- the rest of life will follow.

Would love help on this.

We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.
— Arthur O'Shaughnessy