z

Young Writers Society

Not sure about book subject

14 Reviews

Reviews: 14
Fri Jun 06, 2008 3:37 pm
Mathlete says...

I can't decide whether or not I should write about this next. My friends have liked the idea, but I'd like to know other peoples' opinions. Here's a description of it:

Supercomputer

It is age of technology and because of this, a civilization thrives. The civilization, though, is not our own. Computers have incomprehensible speed and capabilities. They could even creates something as complex as an entire universe, so that’s exactly what the programmers did. They created a vast digital universe. After several decades of work, the result was so unbelievably accurate. So accurate, in fact, that we, its randomly programmed inhabitants, never even noticed… until one day a scientist fresh out of college began working on the concept of a device capable of sending people hundreds of miles by merely scanning them for a few seconds. Trying it for the first time on himself, he was sent into the real world. He soon discovers that he is the only one who can stop a sinister alien race from marketing the program as a video game and ending the world as we know it.

Feel free to comment on it.
9/5ths of the population aren't good with fractions

Random avatar

Reviews: 56
Sat Jun 07, 2008 3:00 am
thunder_dude7 says...

Wait...so this scientist is in the digital world, and he travels to the real world?

Sounds pretty interesting, but you need something that makes it stand out from other save-the-world sci-fis. We need that one little...thing that is completely new to us. We can easily predict now that he will somehow stop the production of them in a factory or something, but there needs to be a dramatic twist in the plot that we don't see coming.

565 Reviews

Reviews: 565
Sat Jun 07, 2008 5:08 pm
Stori says...

I agree about it being cliche; the first words that came to mind were "Code Lyoko." Having said that, though, I still think it's a great idea.
"The one thing you can't trade for your heart's desire is your heart."
Miles Vorkosigan

"You can be an author if you learn to paint pictures with words."
Brian Jacques

Reviews: 1
Sun Jun 08, 2008 7:04 pm
kls night says...

I think it sounds pretty interesting. The title wouldn't grab my attention , if you were thinking of calling it Supercomputer. I would definatly read it though!
"When all think alike, no one is thinking very much."

If you can't get out of your comfort zone, you'll never find what you're looking for. Don't make things quick and easy to feel better short term. Make a change and then you'll feel better longer term.
— Frinderman