z

Young Writers Society

The Life and Times of Miss Aurora Beaumont (and Friends)

22 Reviews

Reviews: 22
Sat Mar 01, 2008 8:24 pm
*lilmisswritergal* says...

I need some new characters. If anyone can come up with some characters I would love to have them. There are some rules:

1. Has to be fairytale-linked
2. Part of the Realm Aurora's life is set in
3. No violence, swearing or any other kind of abuse (this is, after all, a teenager/kid's) story.
4. Accepting of the story and fit in well.
5. At least twelve years old (unless it's someone's younger sister/brother or something like that)
Also, if you do come up with a character, leave a comment or PM me, stating their name, age, personality and appearance and i will do my best to put it into the story if I feel that it fits in well.

Thanks,
*lilmisswritergal* Glinda the Good

75 Reviews

Reviews: 75
Sat Mar 01, 2008 11:18 pm
Pickle810 says...

Try the twin children of Rapunzel! They can be any age, really, and it'd be cool if they had some humorous conflicting dialogue, with them fighting, trying to outdo each other, etcetera! Hope that helps!
me: why can we kill for Jesus and not Muhammed?
my best friend: because Jesus is white.
me: that's not fair!
her: and what is?

22 Reviews

Sun Mar 02, 2008 10:54 am

Hi Pickle, would you like to create the characters? After all you thought them up, so I think its only fair that you should create them. I'll put them in once you've finished. Perhaps they can be the crazy cousins of Fauna? She doesn't really have a true role, yet.

Thanks

Holly

1125 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1125
Sun Mar 02, 2008 1:23 pm
StellaThomas says...

The little mermaid! The real one! She can be a really depressed emo type that doesn't speak...

Or, on the subject of not-speaking, do you know of the Wild Swans by Hans Christen Andersen? You can read it on the Internet. Anyway, Eliza in that, doesn't speak and spends her whole time weaving nettles into jackets...

My advice would be to go for the more obscure fairytales...

Hope I helped! (also, I know you've got a new chappie up that I haven't got around to reading! I will do so soon!)
"Stella. You were in my dream the other night. And everyone called you Princess." -Lauren2010

22 Reviews

Sun Mar 02, 2008 9:00 pm

Brilliant, Stella! I'll go and check that now *checks it and then comes back* yep, I've got a good idea. Do you know what the original little mermaid was called? Or should I just make it up? I think you're right, though. She should be friends with Fliss, who is quite a dark, but still good fairy.
Eliza sounds just the sort of girl I want for Cornetia to manipulate. Perhaps instead of the poison apple, Manzana makes Eliza weave a jacket of poison thread, and Snowy, like 'Rora, falls into a deep sleep and is awoken by Charmin?

1125 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Mar 02, 2008 10:33 pm
StellaThomas says...

Hey!

If you need anything fairytale-related, I'm your girl! PM me if you have any questions.

You could also mayhap use the Goose Girl... in the original version she doesn't have a name... but she has long yellow hair, she's a princess in disguise, the goose boy's name is Conrad and the horse's head's name is Falada... there's also the Shannon Hale version too...

So yeah... PM me if you need help coming up with anymore characters!
"Stella. You were in my dream the other night. And everyone called you Princess." -Lauren2010

Random avatar

Reviews: 254
Mon Mar 03, 2008 5:59 am
mikedb1492 says...

The little mermaid! The real one! She can be a really depressed emo type that doesn't speak...

Funny thing, you calling the little mermaid an emo, because in the original story that was a novel she commits suicide after she doesn't get the guy. Yep, she jumps into the ocean and drowns, but then she gets an eternal soul, which apparently only humans have in the story, so it's all good.

For the record, I'm not making this up. Disney changed the little mermaid story a lot from the original.

Here's a website with the entire plot summary.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Little_Mermaid
I know it's wikipedia, but don't worry. I know the story and I'm almost 100% sure that its 100% right. (I'm only saying that for the plot outline. The wrest I don't know).

287 Reviews

Reviews: 287
Thu Mar 06, 2008 10:02 pm
Maki-Chan says...

what about ancient mytholigy? Will that work. YOu know like greek/ roman stuff. :D

1125 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Mar 07, 2008 9:25 pm
StellaThomas says...

mikedb1492 wrote:
Funny thing, you calling the little mermaid an emo, because in the original story that was a novel she commits suicide after she doesn't get the guy. Yep, she jumps into the ocean and drowns, but then she gets an eternal soul, which apparently only humans have in the story, so it's all good.

lol, hunny, you're not alone in reading Hans Christen Andersen! That's what I meant... I've been trying to do my own retelling of the real one lately... I never really liked the Disney version when I found out, though then again, killing yourself because a boy doesn't love you was probably not the best message to be giving little children :D...

I think she becomes a Spirit of the Air, though there's a lot of speculation about whether than piece was added in later...

:D I'm not alone! Woohoo!

210 Reviews

Reviews: 210
Sat Mar 15, 2008 4:36 pm
Meep says...

Stella Thomas wrote:The little mermaid! The real one! She can be a really depressed emo type that doesn't speak...

Does "The Little Mermaid" count as a fairy tale? I've heard it both ways. Some say yes, some say no ...

Anyway, that aside, if you're looking for fairy tale-related characters, why not go through the list of fairy tales at Wikipedia and see if any of the characters in that catch your fancy.
✖ I'm sick, you're tired. Let's dance.

Be careful or be roadkill.
— Calvin