z

Young Writers Society

Does Blood?

441 Reviews

Reviews: 441
Sat Feb 23, 2008 11:58 pm
Gwenevire says...

What's your reaction towards the sight of blood?

126 Reviews

Reviews: 126
Sun Feb 24, 2008 12:05 am
Blue Fairy says...

It doesn't bother me much unless someone's bleeding to death.

What's your reaction Gwen? :D
Formely known as Fairy_twinkletoes_13

Grab a pogo stick and come and....pogo with me!

Brains first, then hard work. That's the way to build a house- Eeyore

241 Reviews

Reviews: 241
Sun Feb 24, 2008 6:37 am
lyrical_sunshine says...

It doesn't bother me. Actually I really like that shade of red. That's what keeps me sane when someone's drawing my blood. Sometimes its easier for me to look at it, because then I'm so absorbed by the color I'm ignroing how it feels.

Am I totally morbid?
“We’re still here,” he says, his voice cold, his hands shaking. “We know how to be invisible, how to play dead. But at the end of the day, we are still here.” ~Dax

Teacher: "What do we do with adjectives in Spanish?"
S: "We eat them!"

79 Reviews

Reviews: 79
Sun Feb 24, 2008 2:59 pm
Cpt. Smurf says...

lyrical_sunshine wrote:It doesn't bother me. Actually I really like that shade of red. That's what keeps me sane when someone's drawing my blood. Sometimes its easier for me to look at it, because then I'm so absorbed by the color I'm ignroing how it feels.

Am I totally morbid?

If you are, I am too. When it's my own blood, and I'm just absorbing it with a tissue, or something, then it's really mesmerising. It's just the, sort of, purest shade of red you can find.

*cough*

It all depends whose blood it is. Mine = OK, animals = fine, a little of another person's = shudders, a lot of another person's = have to look away.

Movie blood is fine, and blood on TV. It doesn't bother me at all.
There's always been a lot of tension between Lois and me, and it's not so much that I want to kill her, it's just, I want her to not be alive anymore.

~Stewie Griffin

189 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 189
Sun Feb 24, 2008 10:48 pm
tinny says...

When I see blood, I normally wonder what I've whacked the offending limb on. Then I try to taste it because I like the iron (which is also why I have very chewed up lips ><")

Animal blood I've seen a lot anyway; I have relatived with a farm so I've seen my share of goo and ooze.

Other people's blood I'm okay with too. Unless it involved surgery. Then I cannot bear to watch, though I think that's more to do with the knives than the blood itself.
please grant me my small wish; (love me to the marrow of my bones)

41 Reviews

Reviews: 41
Sun Feb 24, 2008 11:30 pm
Layleun says...

Stomach of steel here *pats stomach*

I look at blood and I look at the part which is bleeding, then I try to fix it. I don't go all squeamish over blood. Blood makes you live. No shunning of the blood ^.~

~Lupe

441 Reviews

Reviews: 441
Tue Feb 26, 2008 3:19 am
Gwenevire says...

Blood don't bother me much, only if a loved one is bleeding to death, its the guts and barf that triggers my disgust :p

594 Reviews

Reviews: 594
Tue Feb 26, 2008 5:16 am
Crysi says...

I can't look at blood on other people or on animals. But my own? Fascinated by it. Part of the addiction of cutting. And donating blood.
Love and Light

192 Reviews

Reviews: 192
Tue Feb 26, 2008 8:33 am
Aet Lindling says...

Feh, blood.

I look at it the same way I look at water that's dyed red, only with slightly more respect. If someone's dying with lots of blood everywhere, then I'd get freaked out by the blood, but for the sole reason that there was so much of it, meaning they had lost a lot of it.

And yeah... the color is seductive...
dun worry
it's all gun be k

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Tue Feb 26, 2008 8:51 am
Snoink says...

I can look at it, but if I think about it too much, I start freaking out.
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

141 Reviews

Reviews: 141
Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:05 pm
MadHatter says...

I really don't care if there's blood. Doesn't bother me one bit.
Voldemort: You kids! If I ever find out who's calling I will tell the wizard law and you will go to wizard jail and then I'll kill you!

Harry Potter Puppet Pals - Wizard Swears

280 Reviews

Reviews: 280
Mon Mar 03, 2008 10:01 pm
Sumi H. Inkblot says...

*Moved*

Anyway...last year, 'round June, I think, I cut my finger. Just a teeny cut, but it bled like crazy. I wasn't freaked out or swooning or anything...but yes, it's strangely mesmerizing. It hurt like @#$% (especially at four in the morning), but it's hard to understand the...creepy attraction towards the color, unless you've experienced it.

Aside from not being bothered by my own blood, animal blood (or meat in general) I don't mind handling, which is basically the same thing. Other people's blood, hmm...

I refused to skate over a place where some dude on the ice broke his nose, does that mean anything? XD
ohmeohmy

365 Reviews

Reviews: 365
Thu Mar 06, 2008 1:10 am
Fishr says...

It depends on the quantity leaking, and who's it from. :P

Officially, I have a wimpy @ss stomach but my high tolerance to physical pain ironically protects me from fear to some lengths. When it's my own, in small quantities, I'm fine. Chances are, judging by the the lacing of scars around my shins, forearms (and God knows where else!), I never noticed the wounds right off because I didn't feel them. By the time I did, usually after full frontal attacks from misquitos, the blood only looked minimal.

In regards to other people... It's one of the many reasons I can't watch ER, nor watch Horror any longer. XD My stomach is spent, probably from the years I've actually spent in ER myself, and the sights - and sounds - I've been subjected too, lol!
The sadness drains through me rather than skating over my skin. It travels through every cell to reach the ground. I filter it yet strangely enough, I keep what was pure and it is the dirt that leaves.

Reviews: 0
Fri Mar 14, 2008 7:44 pm
Wrath of the Bunny says...

I like the sight of blood. It taste good. :D And it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy.
Is that bad?
The world is in shades of grey, good and evil.
So why shouldn't I?

13 Reviews

Reviews: 13
Wed Mar 26, 2008 6:39 pm
starlight88 says...

Of all bodily fluids, blood is the one most associated with intense emotion. Blood is often seen as a symbol for life, even when it's used for death.

So how do I feel when I see blood? Mine, ok. Others...depends. :smt039

Deadlines just aren't real to me until I'm staring one in the face.
— Rick Riordan, The Lightning Thief