z

Young Writers Society

DoaV: Help! These guys need names.

220 Reviews

Reviews: 220
Mon Feb 04, 2008 11:41 pm
Sleeping Valor says...

It becomes a problem when you reach chapter two and have no names for the characters in it. I'd added brief descriptions of the name needing characters as well as (undernearth) descriptions of the characters who already have names. Thanks for your help! :D

Characters who need names

D
Known as D in my plotting, he is a paladin raised in the holy sanctum. His name would have been given to him by the priests and probably reflects him in some way. He hates evil, though he doesn't realize just how much yet. His name could start with D, but it doesn't have to. Ideas?

S
Currently under the name mentor as D, S sees visions and has little real talent in the fighting arts. A bit bookish too. He's a nice guy and a bit of a dreamer. I'd like his name to start with S, because I like the 's' sound and like the character. But I will take other suggestions also.

Mentor
He's a priest, very holy and righteous. He needs a name. Maybe with an M...?

Characters who have names

Yazra
Yazra is the daughter of two villains (bandit and a witch) and as a result her view of the world is a little corrupted by the values they taught her since she was young. I picked Yazra because I liked how it sounded.

Bear
Know as the Demon Bear, Yazra (POV) calls him 'Bear'. His real name (before he was cursed) is unknown at the moment. His story is that he went on a witch killing spree and was cursed when he met his match. He's going to need a name later, suggestions would be cool.

Bundy
The 'evil' wizard bent on taking over the realm. His name is rather inoffensive, which is the point.

Ideas anyone?
I'm like that song stuck in your head; I come and I go, but never truly dissapear.

And apparently I also write a blog.

135 Reviews

Reviews: 135
Tue Feb 05, 2008 3:46 am
cat4prowl says...

www.alternativebabynames.com that's what I used to get the names I'm going to suggest.

For D: Daston, Daelyn, Dreyon

For S: Shayden, Stratton, Sanai

and that's about all i can think of at any rate, i would suggest a last name for the mentor and an 'r' name for the bear. i really like Yazra and Bundy is great for an innofensive villain lol

good luck!

721 Reviews

Reviews: 721
Thu Feb 14, 2008 5:07 am
Azila says...

Hmm...try checking out YWS's new Random Name Generator!

~A~

220 Reviews

Reviews: 220
Tue Feb 19, 2008 3:10 am
Sleeping Valor says...

Thanks guys! ^_^

Right now I'm calling them Derrin and Sillon. At the risk of having an annoying theme of double letters. *just noticed* >_>

cat4prowl, greta suggestions. They're very cool names. =P Sadly these are the antags and their names can't be as cool as my MC's. >.< Or at least I don't think they can.
I'm like that song stuck in your head; I come and I go, but never truly dissapear.

And apparently I also write a blog.

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one.
— Leo J. Burke