z

Young Writers Society

Calling all 12 year olds!

Random avatar

Reviews: 24
Fri Jan 18, 2008 11:48 pm
Nikki17 says...

MY latest story is called "A guide to being 12" and is exactly what the title says. I, being twelve have some idea as to what 12 year olds want to know about but I do not know everyone. So, please post something that you want to know or something you have/have ahd difficulties in. Also, Iplan on having a questions and answers column near the end. So any questions would be appreciated. So far for topics I have....
Friends-makeups,break-ups,finding new ones
Boys- dating, school dances
School- homework,teachers, grades
Parties- manners, presents, throwing your own
After school- Programs/activities, Popularity
Feel free to come up with your own topics and post as many things as you'd like
I really appreciate it!
Thanks,
Nikki

602 Reviews

Reviews: 602
Sat Jan 19, 2008 12:18 am
Wolf says...

This is a really cool idea - but I'm not sure that this is the right forum for it. This seems like it could be a usergroup, or it should be in the Lounge or something. ^.^ PM a moderator (in dark green) to move it for you.

Anyways. I'll edit this post over time and add more stuff...right now I'm kind of brain-dead...
everything i loved
became everything i lost.

Would you like a review?
http://www.youngwriterssociety.com/topic73903.html

Random avatar

Sun Feb 17, 2008 10:09 pm
Nikki17 says...

thanks Ayra (or wolf?) I'll get right on it. :)

97 Reviews

Reviews: 97
Fri Mar 07, 2008 11:38 am
summergrl13 says...

Cool!:). Well, I broke up with a guy almost two weeks ago because he was an immature baby and I want to get with this guy named Urie (pronounced Uh-REE) that likes me but I know from a previous experience that you shouldn't ask the guy out because you want the guy to pursue you. But Urie is awesome and maybe the great bf I'm looking for because, for example, I'll come up to him and say super-happily "Hey Urie-Flurrie!" (Urie-Flurrie is my nickname for him) and he's like "Hey there Sarah-Beara! Yeah, today's gonna be great!" And I see Christian pull him aside and point to me and I know that they want Urie to ask me out but Urie can be really shy about that (which is weird because he's really outgoing). So how do I get him to ask me out already?
I will review for you! PM about it if you need one!

Come check out my new story at topic53543.html

Reviews: 4
Mon Mar 17, 2008 3:09 am
gingerheartsyou says...

I think this is a great idea but you should mix it in with a story, or even a collection of short stories, like have the main character(s) face all these problems you want to address and find a way to tell the reader about it and like have the chapter titles like those things you mentioned. I find that kids on the younger end of the tween-teen spectrum find it difficult to read something that is non-fiction, self help, etc. mixing it with a story would catch a reader that age's attention. As a writer and reader, I know that when I was twelve, I would read anything and everything but the general population isn't like that so I'd keep it interesting

As for problems being twelve and such... I'm coming up blank. Twelve was an easy year for me. Fourteen? Not so much.
"Old times" never come back and I suppose it's just as well. What comes back is a new morning every day in the year, and that's better.
-George E. Woodberry

497 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 497
Thu Mar 20, 2008 1:10 am
Teague says...

*moved to Fiction Discussion & Tips*

-:pirate3:

Edit: I'm aware that such a project would be non-fiction, but there is no non-fiction discussion forum, so this forum works since Non-Fiction falls in the Fiction forum category.
"2-4-6-8! I like to delegate!" -Meshugenah
"Teague: Stomping on your dreams since 1992." -Sachiko
"So I'm looking at FLT and am reminded of a sandwich." -Jabber

Random avatar

Fri Mar 21, 2008 4:14 pm
Nikki17 says...

Thanks for the inspiration and ideas everyone!

I communicate much better on paper than I do when I open my mouth.
— Aaron Sorkin