z

Young Writers Society

Help for School Story

112 Reviews

Reviews: 112
Fri Aug 17, 2007 8:48 pm
-Save-Ferris- says...

I am quite stuck about what the plot should be for a mysterious short story we have to write for school. I really have no ideas what so ever and any ideas would really help.
My teacher said it should be something that plays with your mind a bit and I want to avoid stereotypicical characters. PLease help me if you can.
“Promise me you'll never forget me because if I thought you would I'd never leave.”

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Sat Aug 18, 2007 3:44 am
Snoink says...

Mysterious? As in a mystery or just a suspenseful and dramatic piece of writing?

Whatever it is, start off with a character and make him have a problem. That always focuses a story.

So... um... who is your main character?
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

112 Reviews

Reviews: 112
Sat Aug 18, 2007 9:41 am
-Save-Ferris- says...

Em mysterious as in suspenseful and the sense of slightly scary but not gorey.

My main characters are so far a younger sister and an older brother, the sister in her younger teens and the brother in his older teens. She is quite quiet and shy whilst he is more confident but not loud.
“Promise me you'll never forget me because if I thought you would I'd never leave.”

70 Reviews

Reviews: 70
Sat Aug 18, 2007 2:03 pm
Pushca says...

We had to do these. Find a fear to play on, something you're afraid of, too - like Edgar Alan Poe and being buried alive, and go from there.
"Nothing I could write would be as shocking and offensive as censorship itself." -Deb Caletti

No person can be a great leader unless he takes genuine joy in the successes of those under him.
— W. A. Nance