z

Young Writers Society

At what age did you start writing and

401 Reviews

Reviews: 401
Fri Dec 26, 2014 2:46 pm
View Likes
ThereseCricket says...

I began writing at around eight or nine, I can't remember which. But I started to actually sit down and study writing a bit when I was fifteen.
In Truth Unity,
In Doubt Liberty,
In all things Charity.

1007 Reviews

Reviews: 1007
Sun Dec 28, 2014 4:03 pm
View Likes
TimmyJake says...

I'd say I started writing three and a half years ago now. And before that, I hadn't written a word save for my schoolwork essays, but pretty much since the day I began, I have written every day. :3
Used to be tIMMYjAKE

359 Reviews

Reviews: 359
Tue Dec 30, 2014 10:31 am
View Likes
steampowered says...

I started writing when I was about 5 or 6. I think my first ever story was about a time-travelling bus? I stopped writing when I was about 8 or so, then rediscovered writing through fanfiction a couple of years later. I don't write fanfiction anymore, but that was what got me interested again and eventually I came up with my own concepts and ideas! :)
Live well. Learn lots. Question everything.

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Wed Dec 31, 2014 4:35 am
View Likes
Emilia says...

In fourth grade (about nine or ten years old), I had this crazy idea that I could start a T.V show that would be co-written by a friend of mine. I ended up drawing characters and wrote a pilot episode. My friend gave up on it after about a month, but I kept the journal that I wrote everything in. For the past five years, I've used that pilot as a base for the novel I'm working. It was terrible, and almost everything about the original has changed into what I have now. :P
"Fairy tales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten." -Neil Gaiman

476 Reviews

Reviews: 476
Wed Dec 31, 2014 4:46 am
Apricity says...

If we're talking about serious novel writing, I started when I was thirteen. Around the age when I got acquainted with the English language.
Previously Flite

'And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.' ― Friedrich Nietzsche

~Open for business~

83 Reviews

Reviews: 83
Wed Dec 31, 2014 5:09 am
View Likes
Dutiful says...

I started writing at the age of twelve. I'd just finished 'Twilight' and a bunch of other similar stories and I was obsessed with vampires and fairies so much that I wanted to write something on my own juuuust to quench my thirst for paranormal species xD

I've been hooked ever since.
β€œAnd by the way, everything in life is writable about if you have the outgoing guts to do it, and the imagination to improvise. The worst enemy to creativity is self-doubt.”
― Sylvia Plath

396 Reviews

Reviews: 396
Wed Dec 31, 2014 8:13 am
View Likes
Pompadour says...

It's all very vague; I can't pinpoint an exact age, but I'd have to say ... eleven? I wrote a novella back then, completed it, then abandoned writing until I was fourteen-ish. After that, I discovered YWS, and the rest is hairstory.
How to format poetry on YWS

this sky where we live is no place to lose your wings

155 Reviews

Reviews: 155
Wed Dec 31, 2014 8:52 am
View Likes
Prokaryote says...

It's always cute when dead threads start walking about again. Necromancy is a sacred and beautiful message board art.

I started writing in earnest when I was about 13, with fanfiction. Before that I had dabbled but never finished anything longer than a page.

I think I lost a lot of my original writing, which is either sad or lucky.

1085 Reviews

Reviews: 1085
Wed Dec 31, 2014 2:15 pm
Mea says...

I have kind of wanted to be an author basically since I figured out that somebody had written all these wonderful books I was reading. However, I didn't seriously think I could do it until I was 12, which is when I seriously began learning about it. I still haven't actually written that much, though, which is something I've been working on.
We're all stories in the end.

I think of you as a fairy with a green dress and a flower crown and stuff.
-EternalRain

I think you, @Deanie and I are like the Three Book Nerd Musketeers of YWS.
-bluewaterlily

52 Reviews

Reviews: 52
Thu Jan 01, 2015 4:49 am
View Likes
yakitsa says...

When did I start writing?
*thinks*
Probably in 2nd or 3rd grade, though most of it was poetry, and mostly didn't make much sense!
I started writing short stories and all, perhaps, in 5th grade. :D
Life imitates art.

25 Reviews

Reviews: 25
Wed Jan 28, 2015 7:02 pm
View Likes
bellathebookworm says...

The first thing I ever wrote was when I was four. It was a six line long poem about how much I hated the bus and how I wished it snowed so I would not have to go on it.

14 Reviews

Reviews: 14
Wed Jan 28, 2015 8:14 pm
loverofthelight says...

5 or so? I wanted to write about my cat like Hank the Cowdog series. It was terrible and my granny made fun of my writing so I stopped. My aunt gave me this huge Dell computer - with the big back - and I was like "auto correct!" But then I didn't know what to write! It wasn't until I read the ''Twilight" saga and started writing about vampires and such. Now I realize how sickening those books are, but I am in love with characters I created. I finished my book around 13 years of age with 269 pages. Now, however, I read i

65 Reviews

Reviews: 65
Wed Jan 28, 2015 8:31 pm
AttackOfTheFlash says...

I started writing when I was nine. It was a boring day in Science so I wrote a story about a girl and her dog.
Then at age ten I seriously began writing when I was introduced to fanfiction. I often wrote Warrior Cats fanfics with my friend who was also writing at the time.
It wasn't until I was at least thirteen before I finally got my own ideas. At that age I left fanfic writing and here I am two years later!
Are you living or simply existing?

9 Reviews

Reviews: 9
Wed Jan 28, 2015 8:37 pm
View Likes
Kortez says...

I started writing when I was four or five. XD I always drew little characters and created stories to go with them, but I was five when I really got "serious" about it.
I wrote a story called "Collage" (supposed to be College XD), then one called "Spyes" (supposed to be Spies), and also one about like a cowgirl and a golden retriever (don't ask... I was five XD).
At the age of nine, however, I became interested in fanfiction stories. I joined FanFiction.net when I just turned ten (I didn't care about age limits XD) and wrote a horrible fanfiction... I still cringe at it to this day.
When I was eleven, my writing style improved greatly (my sister and old internet friend taught me how to write good ^^), but it still wasn't to my liking.
In May 2014, I came up with a novel idea, and somewhat ditched FanFiction... for good. It was kind of bittersweet, but I knew that I couldn't be a published author from silly little fanfiction stories. I became more dedicated to writing that I ever was, and once I turned twelve, my writing improved a LOT (it's ten times better than it was when I was eleven. ;) ).
So... yeah. <3
I'd rather be alone~ <3
- "Entertainment" by Phoenix

1634 Reviews

Reviews: 1634
Sun Feb 01, 2015 7:56 am
Deanie says...

I think I was ten? I always liked writing class assignments but never wrote one for myself until my Grandfather died. I quickly realized writing was the best way to release my feelings. I found YWS about two years later ;)
Trust in God and all else follows.

Deanie, dominating the world since it was cool @Pompadour, 2014
Your username reminds me of a hotdog @Stegosaurus, 2015
Tried to make puns out of your username, but every attempt has been Deanied @Candywizard, 2015

Put me in the fqluote generator. I say wise things.
— RigoTheHacker